Thread: Anybody interested in trekking a 6000+ metres peak in Nepal in March 2012?

Hi, if you're keen and have some trekking experience, perhaps we can form a group to go together. It's more economical this way.

I'm keen on MERA peak (6654m), which will take about 25days (from SG and back) and about SGD4000 (including air tix).

I've been on Everest Base Camp/Kala Pattar/Gokyo (22 days) in April this year and on Kilimanjaro in August.

PM me or reply to this thread.
    Last edited by askaboutlife; 13th December 2011 at 06:06 AM.

Default Re: Anybody interested in trekking a 6000+ metres peak in Nepal in March 2012?

The Nepal's airport is nr 1 in the most dangerous airports in the world! should be a great experience!
    Free your mind!
    Ouuuuu Yeahhhhh!

Default Re: Anybody interested in trekking a 6000+ metres peak in Nepal in March 2012?

All the best, I will be in Nepal trekking to a remote village and doing some social work with some colleagues...
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Quote Originally Posted by valentino46 View Post
    The Nepal's airport is nr 1 in the most dangerous airports in the world! should be a great experience!
    That is Lukla Airport right? The main airport Tribhuvan is alright.

Ive been to Nepal 5 time climbing peaks < 6000-7000m.... who you planning on organizing the trek / climb ?

KTM Airport is totally safe

Lukla airport is like a roller coaster at Uni Studios.... FUN
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

Quote Originally Posted by askaboutlife View Post
    Hi, if you're keen and have some trekking experience, perhaps we can form a group to go together. It's more economical this way.

I'm keen on MERA peak (6654m), which will take about 25days (from SG and back) and about SGD4000 (including air tix).

I've been on Everest Base Camp/Kala Pattar/Gokyo (22 days) in April this year and on Kilimanjaro in August.

PM me or reply to this thread.
    Allow 28 days
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

Yes, I figure it'll take 4 weeks from SG to Mera and back.

Have u been there b4?

Quote Originally Posted by askaboutlife View Post
    Yes, I figure it'll take 4 weeks from SG to Mera and back.

Have u been there b4?

Lets just say I know the area very well. ( Ive spent close to 120 Days in the area over 3 trips... in the Rowaling, Everest, Barun and Makalu areas...... )

Hi, is the date to travel flexible? Am interested . Just returned from
    Nepal last dec.

prefer June/nov-dec

Quote Originally Posted by shanshanz View Post
    prefer June/nov-dec
    FYI - You have to get the seasons right..... as such the SEPT - NOV time would be best. ( that said the clearer weather in the Everest Region is APR - MAY ).

SEPT - NOV will still be ok though.

Hi, I could ask my guide on the suggested itinerary or even recommended time to go there If u all are keen! Shall we meet up to discuss more on it?

Quote Originally Posted by valentino46 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Royale With Cheese View Post
    That is Lukla Airport right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfive View Post
    Lukla airport is like a roller coaster at Uni Studios.... FUN
    Good luck to your trek and take care with the altitude!

I flew to Lukla 20 years ago and there was plane wreak lying beside the runway. It is also not a good sign when spectators clap whenever a plane land safely. Hope things have improved by now.