Thread: Digital camera newbie here......

Default Digital camera newbie here......

Hi all,

I recently bought an Olymus 2100 UZ and trying to use it but found a lot problem.... I come to search for help recommended by an online friend. I got some question hope expert here can solve it for me

1) Where can I bring my smartmedia card to get the normal 4r photo? or can I burn my collection to the CD and let them print it out for me? What is the rate for it?

2) When I am trying to print out the photo using the photo paper, I found a lot of line which is very irritating. How to get rid of it? I am using ACDsee to print is out because I found ACDsee printout more contrastist compare to Adobe photoshop. BTW, I am using Epson photo 710 printer.

3) How to take sport and night scene? I got all photo blur when taking those two scene photo.

4) when should I use Flash? Why it is needed? Is it best for night scene?

Thanks a lot for your kindly input.

Howard
    Last edited by Howard; 15th July 2002 at 05:36 PM.

anyone can help?

Originally posted by Howard
    anyone can help?
    Suggest u delete tis post and go to Olympus or Newbiew Corner to post..

I'll move your thread to the Newbies Corner for better response.

anyone can help?
    so no one can help...... start thinking to sell this digital camera.... because the printing looks like not so good compare to analog camera......... and really a lot things don't but no one can help......

so no one can help...... start thinking to sell this digital camera.... because the printing looks like not so good compare to analog camera......... and really a lot things don't but no one can help......
    the day is still so young! Most of the experts are out there working so need a while .. maybe at night then they will come in and help you out!

1) yes you can just use the SM to print. Konota at pennisula can do it. Forgot the price liao!

Be patience .....

Default Re: Digital camera newbie here......

Hi all,

I recently bought an Olymus 2100 UZ and trying to use it but found a lot problem.... I come to search for help recommended by an online friend. I got some question hope expert here can solve it for me

1) Where can I bring my smartmedia card to get the normal 4r photo? or can I burn my collection to the CD and let them print it out for me? What is the rate for it?

2) When I am trying to print out the photo using the photo paper, I found a lot of line which is very irritating. How to get rid of it? I am using ACDsee to print is out because I found ACDsee printout more contrastist compare to Adobe photoshop. BTW, I am using Epson photo 710 printer.

3) How to take sport and night scene? I got all photo blur when taking those two scene photo.

Thanks a lot for your kindly input.

Howard
    I am no expert but here it goes:

1) Burn it in CDR and give the CDR to the processing lab. The SM card is more expensive and the lab may damage your SM card. For a list of digital printouts, do a search over here, there are plenty of discussions. Alternatively, you can refer to the Nikon website for a list of processing labs.

2) Don't quite understand what you meant by a lot of line(s) in your printout. Maybe you can show your printout to the guys at the next SEED?

3) To take sports scene, your digicam may not be good enuff as the focusing speed is slow. For night scene, you need to have a tripod to mount your camera.

4) You use flash when there is insufficient lighting. But for night scene photography, flash will be useless because the power will not be enuff to illuminate the whole scene. You have to use a higher ISO (will introduce noise), bigger aperture (smaller f/stop) and long shutter speed. Again, you have to use a tripod to avoid blurriness in your pictures. Having a cable release or remote will definitely help too.

Hope I have answered your questions.

Hi all,
    likely to due to an ink-clogged printer head. do a check using your printer utility and clean the print head.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Hi all,

1) You can burn them into CD and send for print. You can try Fuji's online printing. Think is 50cents per 4R and $5 processing fee. But prints will be sent to your house. Or can try Singapore Color Center/Standard Photo. 35cents per 4R and $5 processing fee.

2) Not sure abt this.

3) Daytime sports scene requires good lighting so that you can have a fast enough shutter speed to capture the moment. For night scenes, you'll need a tripod as the slightest movement of the hand will cause blurrness

4) Use flash when strong light source (e.g., sun) is behind your subject. Flash is also used when you're taking human portraits at night or when indoor. Taking night scenery do not require flash as your flash can never be powerful enough to reach the subjects (e.g., buildings).

Dun give up so soon. C2100 is not a bad camera. I'm sure you'll start getting nice pics after you know your cam better.

I second that. C2100UZ is a very good camera that capable of capturing very good pics.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Indeed. Here is one ultimate C2100 user whose pictures will inspire you..

http://www.photosig.com/userphotos.php?id=6013

thanks for all reply.....

one more stupid question:

5) Do I need to do any editing using software like photoshop before I use my epson photo 810 to print the photo out? Do you guys do that?

Originally posted by azone
    Indeed. Here is one ultimate C2100 user whose pictures will inspire you..

http://www.photosig.com/userphotos.php?id=6013
    I saw the photo already, simply excellent...... I guess most of the photo he took is under manual mode which I still totally blur....

of course. however, editing is a double edged sword. some form of editing is good, but over-editing makes the photo unrealistic.

I saw the photo already, simply excellent...... I guess most of the photo he took is under manual mode which I still totally blur....
    read the manual and understand the functions and limitations of your camera. u must master your camera first before good pictures can come out of it. be patient!

second, practise more. take note of ur posture too. poor posture can cause camera shake (or handshake).

Originally posted by mervlam
    of course. however, editing is a double edged sword. some form of editing is good, but over-editing makes the photo unrealistic.
    normally what software you guys use to edit the photo? Can teach me if possible?

Yeah I agree. Just got the 2100UZ recently and I must say it's a great camera for that price. Somehow or other, in auto mode, it always gives me the highest shutter speed and the widest aperture. I can even even be handheld at 1/2" and still produce decent photos. I'm quite new at photography too, so all I can tell u is to keep trying and borrow some good books on photography & be inspired.