Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Man walking...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East Side
    Posts
    79

    Default Man walking...

    Hi guys...

    Just trying out this effect. Let me know what do you think k? Any comments will be much appreciated...


  2. #2

    Default

    A common picture, with no meaning.
    What were you thinking when u tried this effect?
    My guess is you're trying to show that you've achieved your aim in learning how to do selective highlighting.

    Please tell us why this photo is so special to you also.
    Thanks.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East Side
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Really ah? Ok...

    I thought that this shot would be suitable candidate for selective highlighting (So that's what it's called... ) and that was what was in my mind when I took the shot, not after. I felt that the picture would have been better if the streets were more crowded though. Then the man would stand out more.

    As for the meaning, honestly... I don't know how to tell if a picture has meaning or not. Still in a very beginner mode in my picture taking skills.

    But thanks for your comments, as I found it very interesting when I realised I had nothing to say when you said my pic had no meaning...

    So.... What brings meaning to a pic? Care to share?

  4. #4

    Default

    A photo should tell a story. It can be the truth, or it can lie.

    By just showing the photo only, the viewer must be able to see the story you're trying to convey.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East Side
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Hmmm... I totally agree with you when you say that a photo can tell a story and all that. But that's not always the case right? A simple picture of a flower don't really tell a story but can still be asthetically pleasing. Perhaps for this case you felt that my pic failed both criterias... Haha...

    Still, I somehow think that a mood, a moment or even just a simple action can earn it the right to be captured on film(or flash memory) . And not just stories. Well... One day I hope to be able to achieve that level too.

    But thanks again for your comment. Will be aiming to do better the next time!

    Any other thoughts?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happytikus
    Hmmm... I totally agree with you when you say that a photo can tell a story and all that. But that's not always the case right? A simple picture of a flower don't really tell a story but can still be asthetically pleasing.
    Correct.
    Your photo above is more towards street photo, than landscapes or fashion or macro.

  7. #7

    Default

    Since we are talking about cityscape...I took this the 2nd day I had the camera......Pls let me know what you think.....


  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    AMK
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    2nd pic has more meaning thn e 1st. keep e good work up!

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East Side
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Very nicely taken...
    Sigh... Back to the drawing board for me.

    Cheers!

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    InfraRedLand
    Posts
    910

    Talking

    No worry. shoot more than you will improved. you will slowly realised that you can starts to see things in a photography way. look at other's work and try to copy until you come out with your very own style.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happytikus
    Very nicely taken...
    Sigh... Back to the drawing board for me.

    Cheers!
    Hi happytikus not you only I am also new
    Last edited by club_de_oldman; 16th November 2004 at 08:09 PM.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East Side
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Thanks PandaOng and Club_De_Oldman for the words of encouragement!

    Aside to PandaOng: Your Baby Avatar very cute! Haha... He looks really happy.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tchuanye
    Since we are talking about cityscape...I took this the 2nd day I had the camera......Pls let me know what you think.....


    If you can crop only the lower 1/3 of the whole photo, effect could be better: it will be more focus, though you will lost the architecture view.

    This is only my 2-cent worth of view.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimDavis
    If you can crop only the lower 1/3 of the whole photo, effect could be better: it will be more focus, though you will lost the architecture view.

    This is only my 2-cent worth of view.
    Thanks for the comments....er....but I am not very sure what you mean....Crop lower 1/3 including removing the man? or crop until almost his feet is at the bottom of the pic? and lose what architecture view? sorry...but I am new to this type of shots.....appreciate any advise! Thanks!

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tchuanye
    Thanks for the comments....er....but I am not very sure what you mean....Crop lower 1/3 including removing the man? or crop until almost his feet is at the bottom of the pic? and lose what architecture view? sorry...but I am new to this type of shots.....appreciate any advise! Thanks!

    Sorry, but downloaded your file to crop so that I can show you my idea;

    Last edited by JimDavis; 16th November 2004 at 11:22 PM.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimDavis
    Sorry, but downloaded your file to crop so that I can show you my idea;

    Sure no problem.....now can understand better.

    Interesting ....gives a different feel to the pic...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •