Thread: Share experience with Cleaning camera body /lens

Default Share experience with Cleaning camera body /lens

Often read in threads that people care a lot for their camera eg. cleaning it every time after use.

May some experienced shooters share how they maintain their camera body

eg, how do u all clean your camera body/lenses? do u use special chemical to clean the body or lenses..

I am sure newbies would be interested to know too.
    Pure Canon 6D|24-70mm f2.8 Mk1|50mm f1.8

Default Re: Share experience with Cleaning camera body /lens

microfiber, alcohol swabs, microfiber, close. besides this is only for the filter.

i really dont know if i should go near the sensor at all XD
    Canon 600D / EF 70-200 f2.8 L USM / EF 50 f1.8 II

Blog Entries

After finish using, put back into dry cab.

that's all.

Not worried that alcohol swabs a bit too strong and dissolve rubber etc? i know water is best not used since moisture will encourage fungal growth right..?
    i know filter can use lens pen to clean..what abt camera body.... does anyone use silicon body cover..?
    Pure Canon 6D|24-70mm f2.8 Mk1|50mm f1.8

i only use a lens pen and a rocket blower.
    1.) use the blower to blow off some dust.
    2.) use brush from the lens pen to remove remaining dust
    3.) use the blower again.
    4.) use the carbon cloth from the lens pen, wipe it on the glass on a circular motion.
    5.) use the blower again.
    6.) cover the lens.

that's it..

Quote Originally Posted by chungster80 View Post
    Not worried that alcohol swabs a bit too strong and dissolve rubber etc? i know water is best not used since moisture will encourage fungal growth right..?
    i know filter can use lens pen to clean..what abt camera body.... does anyone use silicon body cover..?
    Please, use common sense. Alcohol is not for the rubber and nobody said you should wash the camera with water and leave it wet.
    First of all: don't be obsessive in cleaning. Clean when necessary. For the outside your camera manual has it already described. A damp cloth will remove dust, dirt, sweat. That's all what is needed. Dry with a towel, done.
    Inside the mirror box the first choice is a blower where the tip should never go deeper than the lens mount. More is usually not required. Keep in mind: dust on mirror or focus screen will not appear on images anyway. For cleaning the mirror: 1) use the camera function (if available); 2) use the camera setting for manual cleaning and use a blower; 3) if sensor dust is still there have a ride to your service center. You can do 3) also on your own - and that's where the alcohol comes back. For sensors there are several products in the market, search the forum here for more details. It's discussed frequently and you can find all the links there.
    EOS