Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: K-R replacement coming soon?

  1. #1

    Default K-R replacement coming soon?

    from Pentax K-r discontinued | Photo Rumors

    After the Pentax K-r body was listed as discontinued at B&H, today Pentax Japan officially confirmed on Twitter that orders for the K-r will not be accepted after December 9, 2011. It will be interesting to see if Pentax (now owned by Ricoh) will release a replacement during the PMA show in early January 2012.

    Currently all Pentax K-r versions are listed as discontinued at B&H except the K-r + 18-55mm lens kit:


  2. #2

    Default

    Hope they dun discontinue k-5

  3. #3
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: K-R replacement coming soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamakasi View Post
    from Pentax K-r discontinued | Photo Rumors

    After the Pentax K-r body was listed as discontinued at B&H, today Pentax Japan officially confirmed on Twitter that orders for the K-r will not be accepted after December 9, 2011. It will be interesting to see if Pentax (now owned by Ricoh) will release a replacement during the PMA show in early January 2012.

    Currently all Pentax K-r versions are listed as discontinued at B&H except the K-r + 18-55mm lens kit:

    Photorumours puts out unsubstantiated posts to elicit a response. So far, they have not provided any credible source. So why do you choose to believe in rumours???

    Secondly, Pentax Japan has confirmed that only orders for the special coloured K-r will cease after 9 Dec. Only custom coloured models... Get it?

    Who the heck cares about an online listing on B&H, they are not a distributor but merely a retailer?
    You'd probably get a better picture by checking with our local distributor. After all, our distributor managed to get the K-r AND the K-5 ahead of everybody else around the world.
    Last edited by creampuff; 9th December 2011 at 10:32 AM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: K-R replacement coming soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Photorumours puts out unsubstantiated posts to elicit a response. So far, they have not provided any credible source. So why do you choose to believe in rumours???

    Secondly, Pentax Japan has confirmed that only orders for the special coloured K-r will cease after 9 Dec. Only custom coloured models... Get it?
    i am still trying to decide if its a good thing to have an active and passionate user base, even though its one that tends to over-react. some of the discussions over at PF makes me laugh sometimes

    it probably makes sense to discontinue the special coloured K-r. it had generated sufficient hype, sold (i assume) a good number of bodies that will serve as walking advertisements for the brand and as the model ages, will probably generate less and less interest and sales.

    i actually don't mind if they take a bit of time to consolidate the merger, work on synergies for both brands before releasing a solid, competitive product.

  5. #5

    Default Re: K-R replacement coming soon?

    *saw title thread
    *excitement =

    *saw "photorumors"
    *
    excitement =

  6. #6
    Senior Member sunnycamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    2,028

    Default Re: K-R replacement coming soon?

    have u seen the pentax full frame facebook page,
    Pentax Full Frame | Facebook

    if that comes in Jan, it is exciting.
    K-01: S8FE, DA35, DA70 Flickr

  7. #7

    Default Re: K-R replacement coming soon?

    I think the PF folks are plain bored at home since its winter and they clear leave for the end of the year and christmas. :-)

    Nothing substantial for the past few months in the rumours section. Frankly.

  8. #8

    Default Re: K-R replacement coming soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by sunnycamera View Post
    have u seen the pentax full frame facebook page,
    Pentax Full Frame | Facebook

    if that comes in Jan, it is exciting.
    the facebook site is started by Adam, the owner of pentaxforums, together with the owner of Pentaxeros, a spanish language forum for pentax users. they've been raving about a letter they sent to pentax asking for a FF since october.

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    I think the PF folks are plain bored at home since its winter and they clear leave for the end of the year and christmas. :-)

    Nothing substantial for the past few months in the rumours section. Frankly.
    totally agree. waste of bandwidth, flogging the same dead horse.

  9. #9

    Default

    I hope there's still stock in the local shops in Singapore... Planning to get it in 5days...

  10. #10

    Default Re: K-R replacement coming soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    I think the PF folks are plain bored at home since its winter and they clear leave for the end of the year and christmas. :-)

    Nothing substantial for the past few months in the rumours section. Frankly.
    Just like the Pentax Full Frame - An official statement thread, can't believe there are more than 1800 replies under that thread for a 'statement' like that! I guess some people just got too much free time...
    1800

  11. #11
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    I have always toyed with the idea of getting a full frame camera. Then I think of the weight I'd have to lug around to have equivalent options.. And the exponential price of filters because you have to use the 100mm? filters instead of the p series size I use.. Then I just hug my APS-C camera and the beaten up 10-20 I have and go out to shoot.

  12. #12

    Default Re: K-R replacement coming soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    I have always toyed with the idea of getting a full frame camera. Then I think of the weight I'd have to lug around to have equivalent options.. And the exponential price of filters because you have to use the 100mm? filters instead of the p series size I use.. Then I just hug my APS-C camera and the beaten up 10-20 I have and go out to shoot.
    That's why I got into Panasonic m4/3 system, they are far easier to carry around even than our Pentax cameras and lenses, and image quality is more than enough for family and travel photos

    A lot dSLR users including full frame users also did the same, some even totally switched to m4/3.

  13. #13

    Default Re: K-R replacement coming soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    That's why I got into Panasonic m4/3 system, they are far easier to carry around even than our Pentax cameras and lenses, and image quality is more than enough for family and travel photos

    A lot dSLR users including full frame users also did the same, some even totally switched to m4/3.
    its the eternal balance between what is "very good" and what is "good enough"...

  14. #14
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: K-R replacement coming soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    That's why I got into Panasonic m4/3 system, they are far easier to carry around even than our Pentax cameras and lenses, and image quality is more than enough for family and travel photos
    Yes, I have been looking at M4/3 for a while, but the trouble is the ergonomics and VF...

    I'm still toying with the idea of getting a X100, but can't justify it. It's just going to be a toy to play with, as far as I can see. And I don't like buying too many toys.

  15. #15

    Default Re: K-R replacement coming soon?

    Just saw this on PF...

    Pentax K-r Discontinued - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

    They do say that B&H and Adorama have confirmed the same.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •