Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fortune Teller @ Redhill???

Sorry if I've offended anyone, I had only voiced my personal view and experience. I was not trying to start a flame thread.

*digs a deep hole*

*throws hatchet*

*covers back up the hole with spade*
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by T.A.
    Sorry if I've offended anyone, I had only voiced my personal view and experience. I was not trying to start a flame thread.

eh? dun worry....no flames here....i dun think u did any harm. You were only expressing your views.....

Smile Go twice

Ever thought of going to have your fortune read. A week later go again looking quite different (disguise) and have your fortune read again
    What do you think the odds are both will be the same
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

'isn't it better to create your own future than to let your future lead u'

Default Response to Pablo

U are quite right. If u go a second time, u may get quite a diff reading. The odds aren't gd most of the time, but tt's becoz most fortune tellers suck.

However, if you go to 2 different ones tt r exceptional, both will tell u the same things. Now, what's the odds of that happening =)?

Fortune-telling is an art cum science. There are exceptional artists like michaelangelo, n half-past-six ones like me. There are brilliant scientists like Newton, n there are not so gd ones like our science teachers. Similarly, there are talented fortune-tellers, as well as talentless ones.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdwhiz1188
    U are quite right. If u go a second time, u may get quite a diff reading. The odds aren't gd most of the time, but tt's becoz most fortune tellers suck.

However, if you go to 2 different ones tt r exceptional, both will tell u the same things. Now, what's the odds of that happening =)?

Fortune-telling is an art cum science. There are exceptional artists like michaelangelo, n half-past-six ones like me. There are brilliant scientists like Newton, n there are not so gd ones like our science teachers. Similarly, there are talented fortune-tellers, as well as talentless ones.
    Dundees' insights remind me of the description, 'The good, the bad and the ugly'.
    Why are human not given a natural ability to predict the future? Any philosophers here at CS?

Quote Originally Posted by tOGGY
    Dundees' insights remind me of the description, 'The good, the bad and the ugly'.
    Why are human not given a natural ability to predict the future? Any philosophers here at CS?
    i am not a philosopher but to answer ...

because future is a construction from our minds? how do you predict something that comes from the mind and is immaterial in existence?

Every man's future is death. Why seek the future when it is already known? Must we wait till the fortune teller tells us we are going to die tomorrow before we stop asking?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12