Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with SanDisk Ultra SDHC 8GB 20MB/s

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

Want to know fast, don't be lazy, just take a trip into Vector and find out right there and then. Drag this too long, your chance for a refund etc, might get lower and lower. Whack the metal while it is hot dude. Don't know why you want to stay behind the keyboard to try to solve problems and make it so long
    it's classic keyboard warrior syndrome. We see a lot at the workplace. Emails to colleagues 2 tables away. Long argument emails when a phone call settles in less than a minute.

Will probably end up with a virtual solution.

Default Re: Problem with SanDisk Ultra SDHC 8GB 20MB/s

i think this card is slow on my d7000
    u should at least get the class10, for video class10 also better

Well, anyway, Vector Magnetics only has 1 IT guy down there, and I have to actually make an appointment with him in order for me to get the cards tested and verified. The rest of the team don't know how to do that... so gotta wait at the moment whether I like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Also with regards to speed testing on computers, I read that many things that can affect the actual speed. This includes, USB connection type (USB1, 2 or 3), if you computer is multitasking and doing some other I/O activity, and anti-virus programs, the card reader used, the size of the data blocks being written, the way it is formatted, etc... all have a bearing on how the read or write speeds returned in a test.
    Good point. Since most AV products have a default setting of "check everything on writing" they will slow down all write commands. Best here to disable the background scanner / AV service for the time of the write test. If TS has a second PC or laptop it could also help to verify the results there. Built in card readers are not using USB interfaces.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123
    Serial numbers on the back of the cards should not be the same. Why don't you make a trip down to vector magnetics and verify?
    Vector magnetics is not the sole distributor.. Actually. I raised a dispute earlier and that was what I found out.
    Last edited by edutilos-; 10th December 2011 at 07:51 PM.

Ah yes, I just checked the email from Bizgram that I kept, Ingram micro and Kaira technologies are the other 2 distributors. Let me post up more on this based on the email ( which involved Ingram and Vector) I sent because a card I received purchased from Bizgram did not have the Vector sticker. This was also verified by Vector.
    Last edited by edutilos-; 10th December 2011 at 07:50 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Vector magnetics is not the sole distributor.. Actually. I raised a dispute earlier and that was what I found out.
    Good to know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Good to know. Thanks.
    No problem. I was also under the impression that Vector was the sole company. I was in a rush when I purchased a card from Bizgram, it was only afterward that I remembered that I had read somewhere that original Sandisk cards sold in Singapore would have the Vector sticker. What complicated things further was that earlier on, when making my purchase, I had asked the Bizgram staff if this was genuine. This was because the Ultra card I purchased stated 20 MB/s, when to my knowledge, Sandisk Ultra cards were usually 15 MB/s.

If you check the Sandisk website it is still 15 MB/s: SanDisk® Ultra® SDHC™ Card - 4GB to 32GB SDHC™ Cards

At that time Vector Magnetics had not updated its website to show the newer Ultra cards at 20 MB/s (now it is updated): Vector Magnetics Pte Ltd | SanDisk Singapore, Authorized Distributor |

The best part is when I emailed Sandisk International, they told me the card was not genuine:

We appreciate your continued response. After reviewing the pictures that you have sent an an attachment to this email, it we have found that it is not a genuine SanDisk product. We request you to contact the place of purchase for any assistance.
    We appreciate your continued response. Please be informed that SanDisk Ultra SDHC memory card is of Class 4. The pictures that you have sent us an attachment to this email shows its a class 6 card. We advise you to contact Place of Purchase for any assistance.
    Reply from Bizgram:

I have spoken to Ingram Micro and they will reply you on this. As sandisk is on transition period for migrating to 20mbp/s we have cards from vector also with their sticker and 20mbps.

Mr. Kenneth will update you on this. Nevertheless not to worry, your card is original and it comes with 5 years official warranty of Sandisk Singapore.

There are three distributors and Vector is only one of them. Other two distributors do not follow sticker system in Singapore.
    Reply from Vector Magnetics:

The card you purchased should be from Ingram Micro as there's no Vector Magnetics warranty sticker.
    If you check the Sandisk website here: http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/find-a-retailer?

Asia --> Singapore, there are 3 listed, which I have mentioned earlier. Hope this helps dispel the myth that Vector is the sole distributor in Singapore. You might also note that Sandisk online tech support is also not up to par, as it doesn't seem aware of the ongoings in Singapore, and only kept suggesting that I deal directly with the merchant (instead of them finding out what is going on, since they should have more of an interest than me?).

Last edited by edutilos-; 10th December 2011 at 09:52 PM.

Wow! Thanks for all the info. The situation sounds quite complicated! Anyway, I'll be overseas a while, so I can only follow up with Vector in 2 weeks time. Hope this thread doesn't get shoved down too low. I'll revive it if need be haha.

Hello i think i got a fake card as well! i bought my card at EXPO during the SITEC. sadly there is stores selling fake cards and i fell into the trap.

Original pic of card taken from SanDisk | Official Manufacturer of Flash Memory Cards for Imaging, Computing, Mobile, Music, and Gaming Devices

Extreme and Ultra side to side for comparism

what i bought from SITEC! (fake)

On the FAKE card it wrote
    Sandisk ULTRA 30mb/s (real one is 15mb/s)
    ULTRA Class 6 should be 15mb/s. EXTREME Class 10 is 30mb/s

i didnt realise after a few times i was transfering the data from my cam to the pc, i thought i was thinking too much until i use my class 6 8 gb card from lexar and kingston.
    i check the speed its about 7-8mb/s when moving files from cam to harddisk.
    i am blaming myself for being careless for not checking.
    hope all those who is going to buy card please check. if not u are wasting the money
    Canon 60D | And Legs as Lens to cover every single focal length i ever needs.

Oh my... are you gonna pursue it? You could file it to CASE if you still have the receipts.
    Well, anyway, SanDisk has confirmed mine are genuine, in case anyone's wondering. And all of my 3 cards are having the same performance, so all I can say is SanDisk Ultra 20MB/s Class 6 8GB cards suck. Get the Kingston or Toshiba 8GB Class 4s, they perform better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizongod View Post
    Oh my... are you gonna pursue it? You could file it to CASE if you still have the receipts.
    Well, anyway, SanDisk has confirmed mine are genuine, in case anyone's wondering. And all of my 3 cards are having the same performance, so all I can say is SanDisk Ultra 20MB/s Class 6 8GB cards suck. Get the Kingston or Toshiba 8GB Class 4s, they perform better.
    forget it, just the speed is slow, i can live with it. oh well
    Canon 60D | And Legs as Lens to cover every single focal length i ever needs.

At the very least, inform sitex management abt it. It's very bad for business and consumer if such party is not warn or dealt with.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Quote Originally Posted by XavierShoot View Post
    Hello i think i got a fake card as well! i bought my card at EXPO during the SITEC. sadly there is stores selling fake cards and i fell into the trap.

Original pic of card taken from SanDisk | Official Manufacturer of Flash Memory Cards for Imaging, Computing, Mobile, Music, and Gaming Devices

i didnt realise after a few times i was transfering the data from my cam to the pc, i thought i was thinking too much until i use my class 6 8 gb card from lexar and kingston.
    hope all those who is going to buy card please check. if not u are wasting the money
    I bought the same cards during the last Sitex at Expo and they are the same designs as yours.

You mean they are fake?
    Sony RX100 Mk4

Blog Entries

You might want to see this:

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-...pr_product_top

Best way to confirm is to email SanDisk.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierShoot View Post

Yeah, Sandisk Ultra should not be hitting 30 MB/S... New ones hit 20MB/S but not that high.

THat said, limiting factor could be your camera?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12