Thread: Dslr SD card question

Default Dslr SD card question

i am using a class 10 SD card , yet the movie stop record automatically . is a pain to me , anybody know why? is because of my setting or ? thanks

Default Re: Dslr SD card question

what brand/model of sd card are you using? which camera? 1080p? 720p? stop at 10 seconds? 10mins? 1 hour? etc etc etc???

please at least provide basic info if you expect useful answers, asking a general question like that will not get you anything.

toshiba class 10 , 600d , 1080p , stop at 3 second.

i just format the card , it works fine just now , so its the solution formatting? i am doing a 3min video tomorrow and i dont want any thing like this happen !! t_t

I hate toshiba cards. :P
    Alpha

you didnt even tell us what camera you are using. It may be the limit of the camera or due to overheat or even buffering errors. Toshiba card may not be as good as Sandisk, but it should still do its job as well.
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

Quote Originally Posted by small pig View Post
    you didnt even tell us what camera you are using. It may be the limit of the camera or due to overheat or even buffering errors. Toshiba card may not be as good as Sandisk, but it should still do its job as well.
    He said 600D.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    He said 600D.
    600D movie is quite good. Try other cards instead.
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

i am asking why does it happen even if still class 10. fake one or what? impossible my camera hot cause i just start , not like 1 or 2 hour later. why does it happen? anyone knows? so i could fix the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by S2Glow View Post
    i am asking why does it happen even if still class 10. fake one or what? impossible my camera hot cause i just start , not like 1 or 2 hour later. why does it happen? anyone knows? so i could fix the solution.
    Really difficult for us to say... it might be your card is corrupted somehow. Have you try other cards? If all of them work well, then it would be your toshiba card that is problematic.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Try a different card (not so expensive after all). If the problem still exists please consult Canon Service Center. Maybe your camera has a problem. Also: have you checked with your manual whether there are any checks to perform? Your initial postings sound as if you forgot the little booklet ..
    EOS

where you bought the toshiba class10 card from?

do use hdtune and check the "real" speed of the card.

i am using sandisk video extreme card on 600d, took videos >5mins all no problem.
    Canon 600D | 18 - 55 mm | 50 mm f/1.8 II

toshiba class 10 , 600d , 1080p , stop at 3 second.

i just format the card , it works fine just now , so its the solution formatting? i am doing a 3min video tomorrow and i dont want any thing like this happen !! t_t
    seems like the problem is gone after formatting the card? was that the first time you format the card?

like some others mentioned, "class 10" from different brands may have different performance, you can try with other memory cards (buy or just borrow from friend to try) to see if the problem still there?

haha thanks guys , my camera new one , dont think is camera problem. i have class 6 kingston card also. i try that one even worst , stop like 2 second? and the toshiba card is given by tk foto. Yeah , problem Gone after first format , but thats only like 1min. i am taking 3min ++ video today but i want to make sure i have the right setting.

does anyone can tell me what is HDtune and how to check the real speed of the card ? :O

haha thanks guys , my camera new one , dont think is camera problem. i have class 6 kingston card also. i try that one even worst , stop like 2 second? and the toshiba card is given by tk foto. Yeah , problem Gone after first format , but thats only like 1min. i am taking 3min ++ video today but i want to make sure i have the right setting.

does anyone can tell me what is HDtune and how to check the real speed of the card ? :O
    Er... bro... do you mind going back to have a look at your camera setting... are you taking video or have you set your camera to take video snapshot?
    My lousy shots

lol i turn the circle to video, is that not video ? :O

lol i turn the circle to video, is that not video ? :O
    Check to see what is the video snapshot option 'off'.

The red circle thingy should be off.

To set off the video snapshot function,

Step 1:

Go to movie mode,

Step 2:

Assess your menu

Step 3:

Go to video function 2

Step 4:

You should see the Video Snapshot function at the bottom, ensure that it is 'disable'
    Last edited by rhino123; 9th December 2011 at 08:36 AM.
    My lousy shots