Thread: Most expensive camera in the world?

Default Most expensive camera in the world?

Found this very expensive Linhof 4x5 handheld camera on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Over ONE Million USD !! Could this be a scam? Seller was not yet deregistered at the beginning, but was so at the end. The buyers appear to be real, what I can't believe is that they bid over a million (three apparently genuine bidders).

Hong Sien
    Last edited by hongsien; 15th November 2004 at 11:45 AM.

Linhof 4X5 Technar with a 75mm Super Angulon going for more then $1 million? heheh I smell a big fat rat!.

A Linhof is pretty expensive but not THAT expensive! This is a mobile hand held version and still in production as far as I am aware.

could be the buyer and the sellers are the same person pulling a fast one on the unsuspecting.

Smile Hi hongsien

With that sort of money to burn. I would rather use it to have someone take photo's of me.
    In my Lambo'
    Then in my Porsche
    And then for something different, in my Ferrari
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

kao.. 1 mil.. i put all of them in a bank, get the interests and every month buy new lens, all nikon lens, all third party lenses, buy all digital and flim bodies and the latest flim scanner and a super big electronic cabinate to store them... plus a G5 Mac !! hahahhaa.....

den finally buy a Nissan 350Z ! haha

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    kao.. 1 mil.. i put all of them in a bank, get the interests and every month buy new lens, all nikon lens, all third party lenses, buy all digital and flim bodies and the latest flim scanner and a super big electronic cabinate to store them... plus a G5 Mac !! hahahhaa.....

den finally buy a Nissan 350Z ! haha
    i'll do that too...

i will donate them to charity )

and i will pray for world peace!

Maybe he decided to not sell it so he upped the price to a ridiculous amount ?

Ebay charge a fee based on the final price..dun think he will do dat..

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888
    Linhof 4X5 Technar with a 75mm Super Angulon going for more then $1 million? heheh I smell a big fat rat!.

A Linhof is pretty expensive but not THAT expensive! This is a mobile hand held version and still in production as far as I am aware.

could be the buyer and the sellers are the same person pulling a fast one on the unsuspecting.
    You were the right one! Exactly something fishy going on here, and thats what these people intended to do. It is a scam! Read this (at the bottom of the thread):

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ic/499995.html

Hong Sien

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    Found this very expensive Linhof 4x5 handheld camera on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Over ONE Million USD !! Could this be a scam? Seller was not yet deregistered at the beginning, but was so at the end. The buyers appear to be real, what I can't believe is that they bid over a million (three apparently genuine bidders).

Hong Sien
    Damn, why didn't you PM me on this Hong Sien? I would have gotten in on the auction too! I think all the guys know that the damn auction is a fraud.

Next time got such a good deal, say earlier lah you Dutchman! You keep all the good ones to yourself!

I don't think there is anything wrong with the seller, he started the bid at US$150, which is reasonable. It is the bidder that is trying to be funny. There are few things I don't understand:

1. Unless the seller has a few account to try and be funny. That is quite unlikely, why would anyone want to screw itself?????

2. The highest successful bidder has got 475 positive rating and 0 bad rating, usually I would trust such bidder, why would he want to screw himself to receive a bad rating???

Anyway, there are many things we can't understand in this world, forget it and start a good day.

omg... theres someone who actually bought it at 1mil plus !! that man is a millonaire...

i didnt know millionaires go to ebay too! i tot they always buy new stuffs... hahaha...