Thread: Nature's Silhouette

Default Nature's Silhouette

A very controversial and subjective technique just popped inside my head when I saw this piper feasting in the receding tide. I just want that Silhouette.

Comments welcomed

Looks good. Why do you say controversial? Do you mean that rendering a nature subject in silhouette is not to everyone's liking/proper?

Hi, nice picture u got there. Mind telling your shuttle speed when taking this pic? Btw.. the tripod's (with flash??) is in the pic...

Ben1223, some people just cannot accept a pix like this. They would want correct exposure with the subject front lit.

epia, the shot was taken at SBWR at 560mm, F22, 1/40s, ISO 200 on tripod. Flash off. Ai-Servo. BTW, it a plant, not my setup. Looks like a tulip.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    Ben1223, some people just cannot accept a pix like this. They would want correct exposure with the subject front lit.

epia, the shot was taken at SBWR at 560mm, F22, 1/40s, ISO 200 on tripod. Flash off. Ai-Servo. BTW, it a plant, not my setup. Looks like a tulip.
    I think the photo is great. You are probably not the 1st guy to break the rules and come up with something good.

photo's good...except the other distracting subject at the top right hand...i mean its ok if its there...but kind of "over-distracting".
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Ah.. now I see the tulip .. lol. It looks like a flash eh