Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Orchard Christmas Light-up Shoot 13 Dec 2011

Default Orchard Christmas Light-up Shoot 13 Dec 2011

Date : 13 Dec 2011 (Tues)
    Meeting Time : 7.15 pm (end time 9.30pm)
    Meeting Point : Orchard MRT
    Ending Point : Plaza Singapura (Depends on time)
    Who can come ???? Anyone who has a gadget that takes pictures and want to have company down Orchard Road
    What to expect : Participants to have fun shooting pictures. Get to know each other. Share some picture taking tips.

Christmas Light-Up @ Orchard 2011
    This year, “Christmas Blooms in Singapore” magically transforms Orchard Road into a garden of scintillating lights. Streets of flowers glow in blue and hold visitors spellbound, immersing them in a wonderland of sheer beauty.

Composed of five little hearts bound together by a star, each flower expresses the loving spirit of the season. Together, the thousands of flowers across the precinct infuse magic into Singapore’s Yuletide celebrations.

The colour blue is a universal symbol of peace and harmony. It is elegant, eye-pleasing, and adds irresistible draw to the festivities. The stately main gateway features six statuesque trees adorned with a myriad of flowers and from which vines extend, to one and all, a warm welcome to Orchard Road – A Great Street.

It will be crowded but its gonna be fun too! You are encouraged to bring your tripods though hand held shots are possible. Come and lets have a fun photo journey together!

Attendees (please PM me your contact so that I can confirm exact spot to meet)
    1) Tinaklee88

Default Re: Orchard Christmas Light-up Shoot 13 Dec 2011

Quote Originally Posted by tinaklee88 View Post
    Date : 13 Dec 2011 (Tues)
    Meeting Time : 7.15 pm (end time 9.30pm)
    Meeting Point : Orchard MRT
    Ending Point : Plaza Singapura (Depends on time)
    Who can come ???? Anyone who has a gadget that takes pictures and want to have company down Orchard Road
    What to expect : Participants to have fun shooting pictures. Get to know each other. Share some picture taking tips.

Christmas Light-Up @ Orchard 2011
    This year, “Christmas Blooms in Singapore” magically transforms Orchard Road into a garden of scintillating lights. Streets of flowers glow in blue and hold visitors spellbound, immersing them in a wonderland of sheer beauty.

Composed of five little hearts bound together by a star, each flower expresses the loving spirit of the season. Together, the thousands of flowers across the precinct infuse magic into Singapore’s Yuletide celebrations.

The colour blue is a universal symbol of peace and harmony. It is elegant, eye-pleasing, and adds irresistible draw to the festivities. The stately main gateway features six statuesque trees adorned with a myriad of flowers and from which vines extend, to one and all, a warm welcome to Orchard Road – A Great Street.

It will be crowded but its gonna be fun too! You are encouraged to bring your tripods though hand held shots are possible. Come and lets have a fun photo journey together!

Attendees (please PM me your contact so that I can confirm exact spot to meet)
    1) Tinaklee88
    Hi Tina,

Would love to join if I not too shack. On 13th Dec I would have just came back from my Genting Trip. Will be Driving with Friends, so not sure what time will be back to Singapore. But if early and not too shack, I will come and support you on your first outing.

Cheers

Same... I support you spiritually...
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

Ben and Jason...thanks See you both on 17th for Ubin Outing

1) Tinaklee88
    2) smallpig
    3) Ding5678

Quote Originally Posted by Ding5678
    1) Tinaklee88
    2) smallpig
    3) Ding5678
    Haha... Ding.. I can't go for this shoot..
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

1) Tinaklee88
    2) smallpig
    3) Ding5678
    4) Paul Low

1) Tinaklee88
    2) smallpig
    3) Ding5678
    4) Paul Low
    5) Juunishinshou

1) Tinaklee88
    2) smallpig
    3) Ding5678
    4) Paul Low
    5) Juunishinshou
    6) Valkarian

is small pig still going?
    Last edited by Valkarian; 7th December 2011 at 08:40 PM.
    Canon 600D / EF 70-200 f2.8 L USM / EF 50 f1.8 II

Smallpig told me hes not joining. Hopefuly he change his mind. By the way, anyone here experienced this in orchard? Will it be better to start from doby ghaut or from orchard mrt?

No he is not going but we just leave his name there to make him feel guilty cause he told me to organize n cannot tag along !! Haha

Eh Ding, organizer says Orchard MRT lah. More things to shoot. In case we hv tired people leaving hor, we will never reach ION side

Quote Originally Posted by tinaklee88
    Eh Ding, organizer says Orchard MRT lah. More things to shoot. In case we hv tired people leaving hor, we will never reach ION side
    Ok that would be an advantage for me also hehe.. Coz il use NEL going back to kovan

Quote Originally Posted by Ding5678 View Post
    Smallpig told me hes not joining. Hopefuly he change his mind. By the way, anyone here experienced this in orchard? Will it be better to start from doby ghaut or from orchard mrt?
    Normally from Orchard to dhoby Ghaut is better. Headlights are nicer than back breaking lights.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang

Normally from Orchard to dhoby Ghaut is better. Headlights are nicer than back breaking lights.
    Yeah, just had a 2nd thought. Headlights to light up our photos are nicer than breaklights hahaha.. : )
    Last edited by Ding5678; 7th December 2011 at 11:00 PM.

[QUOTE=Valkarian;7607189]1) Tinaklee88
    2) smallpig
    3) Ding5678
    4) Paul Low
    5) Juunishinshou
    6) Valkarian
    7) Joe

1) Tinaklee88
    2) smallpig
    3) Ding5678
    4) Paul Low
    5) Juunishinshou
    6) Valkarian
    7) Joe
    8) Anthony08

So sorry,I made a mistake.I thought it was on weekend cos weeksdays can't make it.I need to fetch my son from childcare centre.So can you kindly take out my name.

1) Tinaklee88
    2) Ding5678
    3) Paul Low
    4) Juunishinshou
    5) Valkarian
    6) Anthony08

Quote Originally Posted by Ding5678 View Post
    Yeah, just had a 2nd thought. Headlights to light up our photos are nicer than breaklights hahaha.. : )
    it rather subjective. If headlight is too bright.. you might get the correct exposure for the headlight and under exposure for the surrounding. But either way .. you can easily turn your body to shoot the other direction

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast