Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pocket pain again!

Default Re: Pocket pain again!

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    My point is.. if the taxi companies saying this fare hike is to improve cabbies' welfare.
    How well is considered well enough?
    Maybe I should better take a driving lesson

Don't have much to said about having a maid... but going for Holiday is pretty common among S'porean... just look at any NATAS Fair. If I work close to 12hr a day... not having anunnal or medical leave... working near every Public Holiday and weekend... and STILL can't afford a trip to Bali... I might as well don't work.

And lets not forget... that driver of yours could be one of the hardworking ones... those that work hard to afford the maid and the holidays.
    Last edited by diver-hloc; 7th December 2011 at 11:57 AM.

Scuba & Father... For Life

May be increase peak hour to 24/7 can solve the problem. Then it be back to saquare one of flat fare, less confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by GRbenji
    May be increase peak hour to 24/7 can solve the problem. Then it be back to saquare one of flat fare, less confusion.
    Agree. Taxi also won't see timing and decide to take passenger. This is life, only the rich survive in Singapore. Being a low class worker, it is no different bein a dog, obey or get lost.
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

Quote Originally Posted by small pig View Post
    Agree. Taxi also won't see timing and decide to take passenger. This is life, only the rich survive in Singapore. Being a low class worker, it is no different bein a dog, obey or get lost.

The good part being a S'porean... you may leave any time you wish. The Govt won't be stopping you at all.

And my Job is considered by many S'porean as 'Low Class' also.... but I do own my own flat and go on Holiday at least 3 times a year.... not forgetting a new Computer parts, Scuba Diving gears or Photography stuff ever once in awhile. Therefore... I do more than Survive even if I'm no way 'Rich'....

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc

The good part being a S'porean... you may leave any time you wish. The Govt won't be stopping you at all.

And my Job is considered by many S'porean as 'Low Class' also.... but I do own my own flat and go on Holiday at least 3 times a year.... not forgetting a new Computer parts, Scuba Diving gears or Photography stuff ever once in awhile. Therefore... I do more than Survive even if I'm no way 'Rich'....
    Bro. You consider middle class. Low are those below 2k. Some really suffer in silence. It real..
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

Quote Originally Posted by small pig View Post
    Bro. You consider middle class. Low are those below 2k. Some really suffer in silence. It real..

My basic pay is below $2K. OT is not guarantee... shift allowance is limited. After CPF... how much of $2k do you think you could bring home ??

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    My basic pay is below $2K. OT is not guarantee... shift allowance is limited. After CPF... how much of $2k do you think you could bring home ??
    Same Same. Plus I still have a HOUSE to handle/settle as I am single now.

Anyway, fares increase and cab drivers dont link.

But there are cab drivers do have bad attitude.

Next time try to avoid taking cab at peak period.

Cause they aren't CASH CAB, no $ given, haha!

Btw, this fare increase quite cunning. COE up so much that ppl dares not to buy new car. Then raining season n also, sch holi whereby ppl go shopping. CNY coming, maybe they want cab drivers to earn more? But after CNY, let's see whether cab drivers complain or not. haha! Anyway, my work place nearby, I hardly take cab to/fro work and I took cab only when I feels I need it, not every time. Else my pocket hole even BIGGER!
    Last edited by BBTM; 7th December 2011 at 03:46 PM.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Maybe this fare hike is to cement our place as 6th most expensive city ?
    (If not trying to be the #1 winner )

CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori
    Maybe this fare hike is to cement our place as 6th most expensive city ?
    (If not trying to be the #1 winner )
    Funny but "realistic".

Good, gonna be taxi driver when i retire

How much is a average take home "cash" monthly for a taxi driver?
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

One example that I know, around 3k++, driving for almost 12 hours

This trade is worth consideration now.. 3K++ was last time.. now maybe 4++k with the new scheme(if you know how to "select" customer)?
    Last edited by kineticworks; 9th December 2011 at 06:21 PM.

What's good about this?
    Sure, you can leave, but you have nowhere to go!
    Because there are no other countries like Singapore, that welcomes foreigners to come and stay with open arms.
    While if you are a non-Singaporean, anytime you want to leave your country, there is a high chance you can come to Singapore to stay if you know how to go about it.
    By the way, I don't know of any governments that do not allow their citizens to leave the country.
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Your fare also have to take into consideration of the car make.

There is no one protecting the consumer, until we start boycotting the taxi, the taxi companies all suka suka fare increase.

Stop being NATO and a keyboard commando.

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    What's good about this?
    Sure, you can leave, but you have nowhere to go!
    Because there are no other countries like Singapore, that welcomes foreigners to come and stay with open arms.
    While if you are a non-Singaporean, anytime you want to leave your country, there is a high chance you can come to Singapore to stay if you know how to go about it.
    By the way, I don't know of any governments that do not allow their citizens to leave the country.

Since you have understand that there is 'No Where' you could go.... then accept life as it is here. If you cannot accept, then find a place that could accept you. Complaining won't help... action would. Boycott Taxi if you could... take Public Transportation like most of us.

Btw... ever heard of North Korea....

Since you have understand that there is 'No Where' you could go.... then accept life as it is here. If you cannot accept, then find a place that could accept you. Complaining won't help... action would. Boycott Taxi if you could... take Public Transportation like most of us.

Btw... ever heard of North Korea....
    But some time when there is a need, my pocket will OUCH! This is singaporean life. Pay increase a bit, outside world increase 10x, haha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

i accept life what it is... i take bus or train, still pay what everybody else pay....no use complain......cheersssss....Happy New Year 2012
    to continue press hex key , to return to main menu press star

Wah... 3-4k quite good. Earn more than university fresh grad. I think I become taxi driver to retire. Better than security guard.
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast