Thread: buying my first camera

Smile buying my first camera

I will be buying my first DSLR camera on 3rd week of December. I know what I want (Nikon D7000) but I don't know which place to buy my camera from. I've been reading posts about shops in Sim Lim and Funan. Could you recommend a shop where I can buy my camera without being overpriced or ripped off because I'm a foreigner?

Default Re: buying my first camera

Quote Originally Posted by marcoangara View Post
    I will be buying my first DSLR camera on 3rd week of December. I know what I want (Nikon D7000) but I don't know which place to buy my camera from. I've been reading posts about shops in Sim Lim and Funan. Could you recommend a shop where I can buy my camera without being overpriced or ripped off because I'm a foreigner?
    The list of recommended shops are as listed in the Price Guide section. But the only way to prevent being overpriced is to get e-quotes from various parties. The equotes will be valid for 7 days from the day the email was sent. So meaning the shop will honor the quote for 7 days.

after getting the quote, you can try and ask the salesperson about the price... If it matches (ok), if it's more expensive, bring out the e-quote. If it's cheaper, I'll choose to keep quiet about it

But please make sure you check your items and know what you are paying before leaving the shop.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]