Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Names of food

  1. #1

    Default Names of food

    Hi all, I am doing a mini self fun photo project of taking photos of food starting with alphabets A to Z.

    With my limited knowledge can you guys help me think for some food starting with the following letters (no need to be in english, hokkien names or indian names etc is good too)

    I --> any thing that is not related to ICE - XXXX (like ice cream etc)

    J --> Jiu Cheng gao...what else?

    K --> I thought of kebab but not sure where to buy

    It would be good if the food can be tabao home so I can take my time do photoshoot at home.

    Thanks alot!

  2. #2
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gundamseed84
    Hi all, I am doing a mini self fun photo project of taking photos of food starting with alphabets A to Z.

    With my limited knowledge can you guys help me think for some food starting with the following letters (no need to be in english, hokkien names or indian names etc is good too)

    I --> any thing that is not related to ICE - XXXX (like ice cream etc)

    J --> Jiu Cheng gao...what else?

    K --> I thought of kebab but not sure where to buy

    It would be good if the food can be tabao home so I can take my time do photoshoot at home.

    Thanks alot!
    Yay! I'm so bored. Let me play.

    I:
    Inari sushi


    J:
    Jilebi(dunno how to spell) it's an Indian sweet "round round and stop"

    K:
    Kirin beer- drinks can? Lol

    Kebabs? Ayer rajah market got one stall not bad. Else pasar malam lor...

    I wanna see the pics!!
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  3. #3
    Member chillicutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Telok Blangah
    Posts
    727

    Default Re: Names of food

    I: Ice Kacang

    J: Jimm (crab in hokkein)

    K: KFC


  4. #4

    Default

    I: Ikan bilis

    J: Jalapeño pepper

    K: Kit kat

  5. #5

    Default Re: Names of food

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Yay! I'm so bored. Let me play.

    I:
    Inari sushi


    J:
    Jilebi(dunno how to spell) it's an Indian sweet "round round and stop"

    K:
    Kirin beer- drinks can? Lol

    Kebabs? Ayer rajah market got one stall not bad. Else pasar malam lor...

    I wanna see the pics!!
    Thanks for the names...haha my photos so so la...

    You can look at the photos from A to H at bottom of page 14 onwards
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/photo...la-hor-14.html

  6. #6
    Deregistered wootsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Small Island
    Posts
    1,689

    Default Re: Names of food

    I --> Italian Pasta, Imitation Crab Stick
    J --> Japanese Sushi, Jelly beans, Jolly Shandy
    K --> Korean Kimchi, Kebab, Kimchi, Karrot cake (Old Chang Key got this)

    The first 1 are cheat where you find country name and add food behind. I can put Iceland Cod Fish.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Names of food

    Quote Originally Posted by chillicutter View Post
    I: Ice Kacang

    J: Jimm (crab in hokkein)

    K: KFC


    Haha thanks.... wah take a photo of "J" I have to buy crabs...expensive lol
    KFC is name of food? LOL

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: Names of food

    I - Indian Curry
    J - Jellyfish
    K - Keropok
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  9. #9
    Member chillicutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Telok Blangah
    Posts
    727

    Default Re: Names of food

    Quote Originally Posted by gundamseed84 View Post
    Haha thanks.... wah take a photo of "J" I have to buy crabs...expensive lol
    KFC is name of food? LOL
    Theortically yes...

  10. #10

    Default Re: Names of food

    I see haha means I have to be sinful to eat KFC to shoot it hahaa....In the end I decided to choose

    I : Instant noodles.

    Tomorrow shall try J....J is kinda challenging.

    If you guys want to help me and contribute some names of food from J to Z I would be grateful. Try out those alphabets that are less common.

  11. #11
    Moderator Francis247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Punggol
    Posts
    6,627

    Default Re: Names of food

    Quote Originally Posted by gundamseed84 View Post
    Hi all, I am doing a mini self fun photo project of taking photos of food starting with alphabets A to Z.

    With my limited knowledge can you guys help me think for some food starting with the following letters (no need to be in english, hokkien names or indian names etc is good too)

    I --> any thing that is not related to ICE - XXXX (like ice cream etc)

    J --> Jiu Cheng gao...what else?

    K --> I thought of kebab but not sure where to buy

    It would be good if the food can be tabao home so I can take my time do photoshoot at home.

    Thanks alot!
    Indian Rojak
    Jelly
    Kway Chap...
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

  12. #12
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Names of food

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis247 View Post
    Indian Rojak
    Jelly
    Kway Chap...
    instant noodles
    jempelat
    kueh lapis

  13. #13
    Senior Member digitalpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Shèng Gǎng
    Posts
    2,744

    Default

    I = ikan kembung in asam soup / Ipoh laksa
    J = jiu chen gao / jeera rice / japalang bee hoon
    K = kueh tutuh / Katong laksa / kachang puteh
    Last edited by digitalpimp; 7th December 2011 at 09:21 AM.

  14. #14
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Names of food

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Yay! I'm so bored. Let me play.

    I:
    Inari sushi


    J:
    Jilebi(dunno how to spell) it's an Indian sweet "round round and stop"

    K:
    Kirin beer- drinks can? Lol

    Kebabs? Ayer rajah market got one stall not bad. Else pasar malam lor...

    I wanna see the pics!!
    Nice meh? I stay 10mins walk from there. Always go there, ate once only.

  15. #15
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Names of food

    I - Ice Kachang/Ice Jelly
    J - Jackfruit fritters
    K - Kuay Teow (Beef?)


  16. #16
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaoken
    Nice meh? I stay 10mins walk from there. Always go there, ate once only.
    If you go specifically for that, then it's ok. But no one go Ayer rajah to eat kebabs when the other food stalls are so much nicer. Ayam nasi goreng, Ayam penyet, lamb chops, duck rice, ikan penggang....
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  17. #17

    Default Re: Names of food

    I - Ipoh Hor Fun
    J - Jiaozi (dumplings)
    K - Kaya Toast, Kong Bak Pau, and Kok Kok Mee (Golden Mile Hawker Centre)
    Last edited by lestwe4get; 8th December 2011 at 03:15 PM.

  18. #18
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Just to continue... Recommending only the things I like to eat.

    L:
    Lamb chops
    Leche flan (maybe can get from lucky plaza)

    M:
    Mango salad
    Majablanca (also maybe from lucky plaza; or you can make your own. It's really simple!)

    N:
    Nikujaga (most respectable Japanese restaurants)-though I don't eat this now.
    natto (can get from any supermarket and top on rice yourself)

    O:
    Onsen tamago (my favorite way of cooking eggs)
    Olive rice
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  19. #19
    Senior Member digitalpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Shèng Gǎng
    Posts
    2,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya
    Just to continue... Recommending only the things I like to eat.

    L:
    Lamb chops
    Leche flan (maybe can get from lucky plaza)
    Leche flannnnnn!!!!!!!!!

  20. #20
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalpimp

    Leche flannnnnn!!!!!!!!!
    Sarappppppppp!!!!
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •