Thread: wedding outdoor

Default wedding outdoor

hi,

hope i am not in the wrong place by posting this.

just getting ideas on places which is nice to take outdoor shots.

currently have decided on national museum. another place to choose.

any suggestions?

thanks!

Default Re: wedding outdoor

I suggest you follow the CS terms of use and SEARCH first. This is a very very very very very common question, to the point where there's even a sticky in the land/cityscapes section.

And nobody is going to tell you their "secret spot". Why should we give you our ricebowl? You should do your own exploring and research and explore somemore, that's part of being a photographer.
    Alpha

ok noted.

ricebowl? i'm getting married this weekend, and will be doing my outdoor shoot next week. in no way, i'm a photographer.
    just brainstorming ideas for more places to shortlist from, thats all.

i did a searched on "wedding outdoor" too. but many threads from photography service directory and wedding portfolios came out. none about suggestions on outdoor shoots.
    perhaps i should have searched on another term, and not "wedding outdoor".

my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by snaem85 View Post
    ok noted.

ricebowl? i'm getting married this weekend, and will be doing my outdoor shoot next week. in no way, i'm a photographer.
    Aaaah, you were not clear. By default, most people posting here are photographers - so I apologize for the confusion.

You can pick any good outdoor location, like the museums, parks (fort canning is right there), botanical gardens, etc etc. All depends on your creativity, and realistically your photographer should have a good list in his head.
    Alpha

I think it's more meaningful if you shoot at places that are of significance to you, like where you first met, your first date, first kiss etc

If the places are at places where it's " not possible " to shoot, maybe you can work around it. Ask for the place's management permission, or shoot form afar but with still have that place in the background

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    I suggest you follow the CS terms of use and SEARCH first. This is a very very very very very common question, to the point where there's even a sticky in the land/cityscapes section.

And nobody is going to tell you their "secret spot". Why should we give you our ricebowl? You should do your own exploring and research and explore somemore, that's part of being a photographer.
    ........... mind sharing some secret spots? ......don't want ricebowl ...... just a few grains will suffice .........please..... I am getting married ......
    Last edited by Zenten; 6th December 2011 at 05:48 AM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Hi Snaem85,

Congratulations on your wedding. for those pre-wedding shoots, I saw some do it at Botanical Gardens, in Changi Business Park, The NSSC in Safra, the Esplanade mall and even in Padang. The greatest i saw is I think was a day before the F1 race 2009, they shoot near the race track in the singapore flyer, lucky i dont have a camera that time i would have gone with them and shoot
    Canon 550D /18-135/50 1.8/75-300 USM III/10-22/70-200 f2.8L IS II/

Quote Originally Posted by snaem85
    ok noted.

i did a searched on "wedding outdoor" too. but many threads from photography service directory and wedding portfolios came out. none about suggestions on outdoor shoots.

my apologies.
    You can narrow down search location to a particular subforum like the "General Tech Talk" which I have given suggestion to someone asking exactly the same thing like you.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Quote Originally Posted by photoart
    I think it's more meaningful if you shoot at places that are of significance to you, like where you first met, your first date, first kiss etc

If the places are at places where it's " not possible " to shoot, maybe you can work around it. Ask for the place's management permission, or shoot form afar but with still have that place in the background
    Very good suggestion. It can be a pub, restaurant, movie theater,etc. Just be prepared to pay to use the place for a location shoot. Timing will be their non-operating hours.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

hmm... the singapore trails are common places. Like on one of the Bridges. or fort canning. personally i think you will have to figure out which place can house studio photog equipment, has sufficient space, has sufficient lighting or if your photog has sufficient lighting, and most impt what the place means to you. just a newbie's two cents

Quote Originally Posted by snaem85 View Post
    ok noted.

my apologies.
    using advance search, Search single content type, keywords " wedding, location", Search in Forum(s) "General Discussion", Find post "Any date", show results as "threads", you will have many useful results
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio