Thread: Questions about Lumix GF2

Default Questions about Lumix GF2

Hello guys,

I'm a new member, wanna ask with you about my lumix GF2. Is there any third party lens for Lumix, I find that lumix lens are expensive. Also for the filters, is it advisable to buy those filters need to attach with the ring or those filter can fit right away to my lens.

Thank you in advance. More power.

Default Re: Questions about Lumix GF2

Selectively, the oly and pana lens are pretty well priced for the performance.
    You can get them cheap if you get them used in BNS.

Else, I think you need to look at MF ones from Samyang or legacy ones from any preferred brand and an adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by sgfreecycle2011 View Post
    Hello guys,

I'm a new member, wanna ask with you about my lumix GF2. Is there any third party lens for Lumix, I find that lumix lens are expensive. Also for the filters, is it advisable to buy those filters need to attach with the ring or those filter can fit right away to my lens.

Thank you in advance. More power.
    There are Sigma lens and Olympus lens (although Olympus might not be consider third party). Well... if you can find filters that share the same thread size as your lens, go ahead and use those, if cannot, you would need to use step up/ step down adapter... beware of vignetting on wide angle lens though if you use step up/step down lenses.

Also consider square filters (Cokin, Tianya, Lee, etc build those). And as usual for wide or ultra-wide angle lens, there might be vignetting issue.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

See if you are prepared for using manual lenses and remember to factor in 2x crop factor. Otherwise you can look at vintage lenses which are cheap and good. E.g. Canon FD, Nikon AI-S, pentax takumar and more