Thread: Photography Workshop & Outing @ Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2011

Default Photography Workshop & Outing @ Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2011

RE: Inspiring Sporting Singapore Photography Workshop & Outing @ Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2011 with Jervis Mun

CALLING FOR VOLUNTEER PHOTOGRAPHERS

As part of our aim to promote a Sporting Singapore, the Singapore Sports Council (SSC) has been promoting sports photography to inspire the nation. Last year, we began to run a series of workshops to impart skills to help fellow photo enthusiasts improve their photographic skills in capturing sporting exciting moments and provided various platforms and opportunities for photo enthusiasts to hone their skills. We are doing it again this year. In conjunction with the Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore and multi award-winning photographer, Jervis Mun.

The aim of this programme, together with multi award-winning photographer Jervis Mun, is to impart photography skills and organise these photo-enthusiasts along various parts of the route to capture a pictorial journey of everyday people’s personal stories at Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore which will be held this Sunday, 4 December 2011, where some 70,000 runners will be taking part in the Singapore’s marquee running event.

The atmosphere will be electrifying, with thousands of supporters cheering on their friends and loved ones. So join us for this rare opportunity to photograph runners and supporters in action by signing up for the Volunteer Photographers Programme.

The programme includes:

1. A FREE Sports Photography Workshop (limit to 20 volunteer photographers), to be conducted by Jervis Mun: 02 December 2011, 1900 – 2200 at

Gold Room
    Singapore Sports Council Headquarters
    230 Stadium Boulevard
    Singapore 397799

(A briefing will also take place to schedule the volunteer photographers according to individual brief.)

2. The Event Coverage: 04 December 2011, 0500 – 1200.

3. A post-event Critique Session, with lunch provided: 04 December 2011, 1200 – 1500.

There will be 10 Media Accreditation Passes up for grabs. These passes will be allocated based on a set of selection criteria listed in the attached Rules & Regulations (R&R). Please email Jon Tan for the Registration Form and R&R at jon_tan@ssc.gov.sg by 1 Dec 2011, 6pm or contact him at 6500 5206 for more details.

Selected volunteer photographers will be notified via phone and/or email.
    Last edited by stxch; 1st December 2011 at 05:49 PM.

Default Re: Photography Workshop & Outing @ Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2011

Dear fellow photo enthusiasts,

Due to limited slots (only 20), we are fully subscribed within two hours of my posting.

Let's look towards the next opportunity where we can have a bigger gathering / outing!

Mean while, do post pictures of the marathon here so we can all share and learn from each other! =)

Cheers
    Jon

Default Re: Photography Workshop & Outing @ Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2011

just saw this thread and miss it.Maybe next time.

Hi fellow sports photo enthusiasts,

Congratulations to our guest speaker, Jervis Mun, whose picture was selected for the feature story of SCMS 2011. Indeed, he has lead by example!

Sweet Victory for Kenyans at Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore > Let's Play > The latest and updated Singapore sports news at a click. Let’s Play at SingaporeSports.sg!

Also, check out the rest of the photographs taken by the volunteer photographers at SSC Facebook Page:
    https://www.facebook.com/letsplaysg

Do go and like the pictures as an encouragement and support to these budding sports photographers.

Please email to jon_tan@ssc.gov.sg if you would like to be updated for future workshops/outing.

Cheers
    JT

Let me start the ball rolling:

The start of the half marathon

People still running through the start point after 20min from the flag off

Woody Wood Pecker cheering the runners!

The rest at Victor Go Photography under the sports section

Cheers.

Good job! Nice shot despite low lighting.

Thanks....waiting for the rest to post....

Here is the start of the full marathon and ekiden from pov of bike-cam.

About half an hour from start of race, the power rangers showed up. Took a pic with them.

You guys might remember these ladies that cheered you on during the final stretch. Took a pic of them as well.

The start of the kids dash. The parents unfortunately in most cases...kena left behind.

I really miss the last time i sat on father`s shoulders.
    Last edited by Reportage; 6th December 2011 at 11:05 PM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Your start shot is classic!

I personally also like the Kids Dash picture... it captured the spirit of pure joy... any more such candid shots?

Good job Reportage! The start picture is a good editorial pict!

Here is my trip report for the Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2011.

2011 DEC Standard Chartered Marathon, Singapore « xtemujin 360°Resources, Singapore

Cheers.