Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warning to all who post pictures of pple

Well, a bit OT; hope punscum doesn't mind.

I have long wanted to ask this. Supposedly you took a picture of your friend/s or people you don't know and without their knowledge. And it happened that the photo has won some prestigeous prize.

Who owns the copyright? Can the person in the photo have a share of the prize too? What if the person objects to the photograph in the first place?

actually...i tot it was against the law to take pic of anyone w/o permission. If the pic focuses on a particular individual...but it's ok to take pic of a whole crowd of pple eg; crowd at orchard rd etc.

Well thats what my friend in media studies told me...cuz i asked her bout this b4 if prize got $$$..haf some goodwill to share lor. Anyway...look at the time mag, though with consent..the pic with the afghan woman with the haunting eyes...that cover page of the mag won so many awards...and that woman still living in afghanistan living thru the war.

Remember the naked Vietnamnese girl captured on film during the Vietnam war? What if the girl decides to take action against the photographer now?

Hi,

As far as I understand, if you take a photo of someone in a public place, and as long as you don't put a caption or editorial text that puts him in a defamatory position, then he can't sue you.

If you use a super tele and shoot someone else in his/her garden doing something funny, then he can sue you.

Regards
    CK

Default Re: Warning to all who post pictures of pple

Originally posted by punscum
    The other day one of my friends told me her picture was posted in this website called photoforum.org w/o her consent. and it was a pesonal photo she had scanned and sent to friends.

the photo itself has nothing graphic, but the comments were nasty and lewd.

And i thought to myself thank god it's not me.

guess what.

i just discovered guy had leeched photos off my pbase website and posted 3 photos into this website. And i have a prob reg into this website in order to priv msg this guy to ask him to remove it.

Just a warning. I took a risk posting pics of my friends and i together, in a bid to share my photos with loved ones. And it was taken and placed else where w/o my consent. Ironic it seems that i've taken pics of strangers w/o their consent too.

This sucks becuz my friends that are in those pics will not be happy...they were posted online becuz they thought it would be only in my website.

Pls email to gazy@photoforum.org

Well... Submit Pics to Guys photoforum... i moderate fer you all

i email liao he never reply !!!

Originally posted by Bluestrike

HMM.. talking abt mi I guess.......
    But you shld feel safe...... :P
    ruthbaby - !! potential candidates :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12