Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 158

Thread: Shoutout to all timelapse enthusiast

  1. #61
    Member 3MPTYHAND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    56

    Default Re: Shoutout to all timelapse enthusiast

    the cable cars too , BTW i've posted an outing for the 9th and 13th december, meetup area at cityhall. i should be reaching slightly before 7 so it'll be hard to catch the sunset though. unless you guys meet up earlier and i'll join later

    here's my contact 83224352
    shawn

  2. #62

    Default Re: Shoutout to all timelapse enthusiast

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzyjeff View Post
    hi guys i want to go too.. this is the sample of my time lapse i did before. just trying out.

    One nice day.mov - YouTube
    Good that you are living on a high floor. I stay on the third floor. Only thing I can time lapse is caterpillar moving in the tree blocking my window (provided I can zoom in so far in the first place).
    What fps do you use btw? 24fps? I find it a little jerky though... just my thoughts.

  3. #63

    Default Re: Shoutout to all timelapse enthusiast

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanmin147 View Post
    Just thought of a great place to do a time-lapse, vivo city, we can do a time lapse of the boats. Thoughts?
    Other ideas can be:
    - Orchard road traffic @ night
    - MRT platform @ peak hours
    - Sunset @ Punggol Beach
    - Work @ any construction site
    Possibilities abound man...

  4. #64
    Member Jazzyjeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marsiling
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: Shoutout to all timelapse enthusiast

    Quote Originally Posted by daniellcs View Post
    Good that you are living on a high floor. I stay on the third floor. Only thing I can time lapse is caterpillar moving in the tree blocking my window (provided I can zoom in so far in the first place).
    What fps do you use btw? 24fps? I find it a little jerky though... just my thoughts.
    yeah it is a little jerky. actually its just a test run.. I used 15fps.

  5. #65
    Member 3MPTYHAND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    56

    Default Re: Shoutout to all timelapse enthusiast

    hi all, timelapse outing on the 9th was great !
    join the facebook group for updates ! " timelapse junkies "

  6. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the void.
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Got to know about it too late, the lunar eclipse tonight would have made a nice time lapse!

  7. #67
    Member Hanmin147's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Very difficult to shoot because the moon moves.

  8. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the void.
    Posts
    1,323

    Default Re: Shoutout to all timelapse enthusiast

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanmin147 View Post
    Very difficult to shoot because the moon moves.
    I don't see how that is a problem?
    You just have to take into account the movement (east-west orientation) and allow enough space for it to move across the frame.

  9. #69
    Member 3MPTYHAND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    56

    Default Re: Shoutout to all timelapse enthusiast

    I missed the lunar eclipse , was busy on computer....
    i've created a facebook group below btw

    facebook.com/groups/325715377440568/

  10. #70
    Member robin-ang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    sengkang
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3MPTYHAND
    I missed the lunar eclipse , was busy on computer....
    i've created a facebook group below btw

    facebook.com/groups/325715377440568/
    Just add bro...

  11. #71
    Member Hanmin147's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic

    I don't see how that is a problem?
    You just have to take into account the movement (east-west orientation) and allow enough space for it to move across the frame.
    But the moon would be really really small

  12. #72
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Shoutout to all timelapse enthusiast

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic View Post
    I don't see how that is a problem?
    You just have to take into account the movement (east-west orientation) and allow enough space for it to move across the frame.
    I shot moon with moving clouds using 70-200 lens on DX body, only a few minute the moon is already out of frame, for the duration of few hours, will need to use a wide angle lens, the moon will be very tiny and lunar eclipse not noticeable.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  13. #73
    Member Hanmin147's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    I shot moon with moving clouds using 70-200 lens on DX body, only a few minute the moon is already out of frame, for the duration of few hours, will need to use a wide angle lens, the moon will be very tiny and lunar eclipse not noticeable.
    Yup yup

  14. #74
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: Shoutout to all timelapse enthusiast

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic View Post
    I don't see how that is a problem?
    You just have to take into account the movement (east-west orientation) and allow enough space for it to move across the frame.
    I've did a timelapse of the moon recently recently with my 55-250 on 500D, in just ~15mins, the moon can move out of your frame. And for the duration of ~1 hour, I've to reframe 3 times.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  15. #75

    Default Re: Shoutout to all timelapse enthusiast

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    I shot moon with moving clouds using 70-200 lens on DX body, only a few minute the moon is already out of frame, for the duration of few hours, will need to use a wide angle lens, the moon will be very tiny and lunar eclipse not noticeable.
    i did that for last Saturday's Lunar eclipse and compiled the photos into a time lapse video, it is certainly possible, but the way i did it was super tedious, manually cropped and aligned all moon of 140+ photos in Photoshop (taken from 8:20pm to 12:20am), before compiling them into this timelapse video at 10fps, anybody knows a better way to do so?

    sorry for the not-so-smooth transition between eclipse phases, the interval between shots are quite irregular

    Total Lunar Eclipse 10 December 2011 - YouTube
    Last edited by miaoteh; 12th December 2011 at 12:15 PM.

  16. #76
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Shoutout to all timelapse enthusiast

    Quote Originally Posted by miaoteh View Post
    i did that for last Saturday's Lunar eclipse and compiled the photos into a time lapse video, it is certainly possible, but the way i did it was super tedious, manually cropped and aligned all moon of 140+ photos in Photoshop (taken from 8:20pm to 12:20am), before compiling them into this timelapse video at 10fps, anybody knows a better way to do so?

    sorry for the not-so-smooth transition between eclipse phases, the interval between shots are quite irregular

    Total Lunar Eclipse 10 December 2011 - YouTube
    technically that is consider stop motion clip of lunar eclipse.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  17. #77

    Default Re: Shoutout to all timelapse enthusiast

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    technically that is consider stop motion clip of lunar eclipse.
    oops thanks for the correction

  18. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the void.
    Posts
    1,323

    Default Re: Shoutout to all timelapse enthusiast

    My bad.. I didn't realised that a lunar eclipse will last so long, forgot that the moon would almost certainly be near the zenith during eclipse. Guess probably have to take it with an equatorial mount or something.

  19. #79

    Default Re: Shoutout to all timelapse enthusiast

    came across this powerful free LRTimelapse that works together with Adobe Lightroom or Camera Raw, the best thing is it works with RAW files as well, it can alter the exposure, White balance, crop etc etc gradually over time, which is a common problem when you shoot time lapse with large variation in brightness or white balance, e.g. sunset sunrise, the deflicker function is also very useful in some situation. there are also many free Adobe Lightroom templates/presets available for downloads on the website.

    i think this is the most powerful time lapse software i have seen so far, watch the tutorials on the website to get an idea how it works and what it can do.

    LRTimelapse - software for professional time lapse photography


  20. #80
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miaoteh
    came across this powerful free LRTimelapse that works together with Adobe Lightroom or Camera Raw, the best thing is it works with RAW files as well, it can alter the exposure, White balance, crop etc etc gradually over time, which is a common problem when you shoot time lapse with large variation in brightness or white balance, e.g. sunset sunrise, the deflicker function is also very useful in some situation. there are also many free Adobe Lightroom templates/presets available for downloads on the website.

    i think this is the most powerful time lapse software i have seen so far, watch the tutorials on the website to get an idea how it works and what it can do.

    LRTimelapse - software for professional time lapse photography

    Thanks for the share. Good stuff.
    The proper way to do it is to use a bulb ramper. For canon users, there is "little bramper". For nikon, nada.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •