Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 156

Thread: Streats: No man is right for picky women

  1. #121
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore & Hong Kong
    Posts
    903

    Default

    actually, on this note, you are not unreasonable.

    Unless you are doing it and then expects her not to, eg smoke / sleep round etc etc...

    I had one item on my wish list that most failed badly......

    she must be able to cook a decent meal... Not too much to ask for, and maggi mee don't count.

    well, I can.... and thats not warming up the "tar-pow" food from maxwell road....

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    i agree with you. i think that, not only girls are picky, guys are picky as well? i think i am in this category. haha. i don't like girls who drink, smoke, gamble, mouth filled with vulgarities, etc.. so no matter what, both genders play a part in choosing your own partner.

  2. #122
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Land of the woods........
    Posts
    1,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lensman

    Give me a car, and show you my gf.
    Give me a sports car and I show you my (jio-looking babe / beautiful) gf. Gimme a flasly continential and , well, any babe you say me gf, so be it lah....
    << winner of Levi's $50 voucher from Teens magazine 1987 - written by yours truely)
    1987 Teens Magazine?

    Where's the Teenage Magazine?

  3. #123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lensman
    actually, on this note, you are not unreasonable.

    Unless you are doing it and then expects her not to, eg smoke / sleep round etc etc...

    I had one item on my wish list that most failed badly......

    she must be able to cook a decent meal... Not too much to ask for, and maggi mee don't count.

    well, I can.... and thats not warming up the "tar-pow" food from maxwell road....
    Seems like your last relationship crashed pretty badly But frankly, drop the "able to cook" from the wish list. Perhaps this would be a valid point one generation ago... now, replace that with "mixing cocktails"

    Those who still can cook are from the neighbouring countries... including Vietnam & Cambodia

  4. #124

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Xaler
    Seems like your last relationship crashed pretty badly But frankly, drop the "able to cook" from the wish list. Perhaps this would be a valid point one generation ago... now, replace that with "mixing cocktails"

    Those who still can cook are from the neighbouring countries... including Vietnam & Cambodia
    with bird flu, no chicken rice to eat.
    with SARs, no one comes out to eat.
    with no duck, no duck rice to eat.
    with no eggs, so many foods incomplete to eat.

    if one cannot cook and depend on those from neighbouring countries to cook. by natural occurrence of things, one day, we will 'starved to death'.

  5. #125
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default

    with bird flu, no chicken rice to eat.
    with SARs, no one comes out to eat.
    with no duck, no duck rice to eat.
    with no eggs, so many foods incomplete to eat.
    with mad cow, no beef noodle to eat.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  6. #126
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    "For every man there is a right woman.
    And for every woman there is a right man."

    -Quote from Sionfucis.
    Alamak! How about me: a transsex, who will look after me and comfort me Sion? Will you?..........

    Hong Sien

  7. #127
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default

    I believe the reason why Singaporean women ask for so much from men is due to one underlying word: Security.
    If the guy is able to give them a comfortable life, free from mindless slogging in their lives; social security: if the male is able to give them a life free of social risks.
    There are old fashioned people who turn to stare at couples on the streets when the female is taller than the male. And that represents the existence of social risks. And some females are conscious enough of it.

    The first impression counts. The first impression is normally formed when a female first sets her eyes on the male.
    A few things would run through my mind, if he is pleasant on the eye, if he looks sincere, if his eyes would smile alongside with his mouth. Stuff like that. Non-verbal language like this would be 65% of the message a person is sending out to the other.
    Whatever that comes out of the guy's mouth later would only be 35%.

    Actually, I don't really know what I want myself, being so young and all. But I do have a few notions of what I want and stuff...
    The brain is extremely important for me since I am known to want a verbal discussion occasionally. I particularly enjoy being sarcastic. Being sarcastic does give me a mental stimulation, you know. The guy can't expect me to sit pretty and smile to boost his ego. I might give way to him in public, but privately between us, I'm a very verbal person. (as you can probably see from here)

    Being attached emotionally does not mean a couple should be attached physically at all times because he has his life, I have my life. (I'm saying this because few of the guys I've dated in the past want me to accompany them during the hours after school almost everyday and it's sickening.)

    No car, never mind.
    I'm not a great believer of cars anyway. They're so freaking expensive to maintain. One of the reasons why I refuse to take my driving licence. (even if my parents say I should and offer to pay for the lessons) Besides, the transport system in Singapore is so well developed.

    Tall, short, whatever. There needs to be chemistry.

  8. #128

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    I believe the reason why Singaporean women ask for so much from men is due to one underlying word: Security.
    If the guy is able to give them a comfortable life, free from mindless slogging in their lives; social security: if the male is able to give them a life free of social risks.
    There are old fashioned people who turn to stare at couples on the streets when the female is taller than the male. And that represents the existence of social risks. And some females are conscious enough of it.

    The first impression counts. The first impression is normally formed when a female first sets her eyes on the male.
    A few things would run through my mind, if he is pleasant on the eye, if he looks sincere, if his eyes would smile alongside with his mouth. Stuff like that. Non-verbal language like this would be 65% of the message a person is sending out to the other.
    Whatever that comes out of the guy's mouth later would only be 35%.

    Actually, I don't really know what I want myself, being so young and all. But I do have a few notions of what I want and stuff...
    The brain is extremely important for me since I am known to want a verbal discussion occasionally. I particularly enjoy being sarcastic. Being sarcastic does give me a mental stimulation, you know. The guy can't expect me to sit pretty and smile to boost his ego. I might give way to him in public, but privately between us, I'm a very verbal person. (as you can probably see from here)

    Being attached emotionally does not mean a couple should be attached physically at all times because he has his life, I have my life. (I'm saying this because few of the guys I've dated in the past want me to accompany them during the hours after school almost everyday and it's sickening.)

    No car, never mind.
    I'm not a great believer of cars anyway. They're so freaking expensive to maintain. One of the reasons why I refuse to take my driving licence. (even if my parents say I should and offer to pay for the lessons) Besides, the transport system in Singapore is so well developed.

    Tall, short, whatever. There needs to be chemistry.
    many older, more established women would be uncomfortable with your statement about security. however, they may forgive you because of your youthfulness.

  9. #129
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    many older, more established women would be uncomfortable with your statement about security. however, they may forgive you because of your youthfulness.
    You are sometimes so amazingly offensive. Not only in this thread, but a few others as well. You're not a female after all. Please do not try to sound like an elderly know-it-all matron when you are not.

    Anyway, am I not right in saying that some females want to marry guys with a better financial status, need security? They want the assurance that they can lead the best life that they want.
    'Older, more established women' may want to marry because they want the assurance that they have someone (their own family) to fall back onto when everything else around them fails. Again, there is the need for security, but a different kind of security, but still it is security.
    There are such things like social security, you know. I do know of some females who are conscious of the fact that the guy they are accompanying to some party are not taller than them when they (the females) are on heels. Why else would women 'giggle and wrinkle their noses' when asked if they would want to date a 1.6m guy?

    And unlike you, I don't make sweeping statements. Notice that I use the words 'I believe' and 'some' in my other post.

  10. #130

    Default

    You are absolutely right. Women want the man whom they marry to securely maintain them for the rest of their lives.

    That is why they only want the best for themselves, and very often, it is monetary.

    They could have been wild when they were younger, went out with all the cute guys, blah blah blah

    But when it comes down to settling down and marraige, they always go for security first. Monetary security.

    So cute guys out there, it don't matter if you're cute now and have a hot girlfriend. She's going for the average looking RICH Joe, unless you put money on the table.

  11. #131
    Senior Member poohbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    You are sometimes so amazingly offensive. Not only in this thread, but a few others as well. You're not a female after all. Please do not try to sound like an elderly know-it-all matron when you are not.

    Anyway, am I not right in saying that some females want to marry guys with a better financial status, need security? They want the assurance that they can lead the best life that they want.
    'Older, more established women' may want to marry because they want the assurance that they have someone (their own family) to fall back onto when everything else around them fails. Again, there is the need for security, but a different kind of security, but still it is security.
    There are such things like social security, you know. I do know of some females who are conscious of the fact that the guy they are accompanying to some party are not taller than them when they (the females) are on heels. Why else would women 'giggle and wrinkle their noses' when asked if they would want to date a 1.6m guy?

    And unlike you, I don't make sweeping statements. Notice that I use the words 'I believe' and 'some' in my other post.

  12. #132
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    You are sometimes so amazingly offensive. Not only in this thread, but a few others as well. You're not a female after all. Please do not try to sound like an elderly know-it-all matron when you are not.

    Anyway, am I not right in saying that some females want to marry guys with a better financial status, need security? They want the assurance that they can lead the best life that they want.
    'Older, more established women' may want to marry because they want the assurance that they have someone (their own family) to fall back onto when everything else around them fails. Again, there is the need for security, but a different kind of security, but still it is security.
    There are such things like social security, you know. I do know of some females who are conscious of the fact that the guy they are accompanying to some party are not taller than them when they (the females) are on heels. Why else would women 'giggle and wrinkle their noses' when asked if they would want to date a 1.6m guy?

    And unlike you, I don't make sweeping statements. Notice that I use the words 'I believe' and 'some' in my other post.
    You said you're young but judging from your post, you seem ripe already! Can peel and eat liao Good statement

  13. #133
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    desert
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    You are sometimes so amazingly offensive. Not only in this thread, but a few others as well. You're not a female after all. Please do not try to sound like an elderly know-it-all matron when you are not.

    Anyway, am I not right in saying that some females want to marry guys with a better financial status, need security? They want the assurance that they can lead the best life that they want.
    'Older, more established women' may want to marry because they want the assurance that they have someone (their own family) to fall back onto when everything else around them fails. Again, there is the need for security, but a different kind of security, but still it is security.
    There are such things like social security, you know. I do know of some females who are conscious of the fact that the guy they are accompanying to some party are not taller than them when they (the females) are on heels. Why else would women 'giggle and wrinkle their noses' when asked if they would want to date a 1.6m guy?

    And unlike you, I don't make sweeping statements. Notice that I use the words 'I believe' and 'some' in my other post.
    May I add, touchy too.
    LIttle bit gets offended.
    Dancing desert scorpion
    :devil:

  14. #134
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FLiNcHY
    But when it comes down to settling down and marraige, they always go for security first. Monetary security.

    So cute guys out there, it don't matter if you're cute now and have a hot girlfriend. She's going for the average looking RICH Joe, unless you put money on the table.
    When ever I tell my lady friends these, I get fry.

    Like I said, most ladies want to be whiter then white, just like how they like their skin tone, fairer than fair.

    Piang piang, dot dot disappear loh.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  15. #135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    Anyway, am I not right in saying that some females want to marry guys with a better financial status, need security? They want the assurance that they can lead the best life that they want.
    'Older, more established women' may want to marry because they want the assurance that they have someone (their own family) to fall back onto when everything else around them fails. Again, there is the need for security, but a different kind of security, but still it is security.
    There are such things like social security, you know. I do know of some females who are conscious of the fact that the guy they are accompanying to some party are not taller than them when they (the females) are on heels. Why else would women 'giggle and wrinkle their noses' when asked if they would want to date a 1.6m guy?
    A female friend once said, "If I'm sick and tired of working, I get married and settle down loh". How convenient. If women want security... to fall back, do nothing, kick back and relax "when all else fails", it would mean the husband is able to support her financially and emotionally--i.e. a rich guy with plenty of time--am I right to say this?

    Where in Singapore can we find these guys? And what percentage of them exists actually? Perhaps this is asking too much. Yes, security is important, but let me put it this way, to provide security, one must be secure too. There is no more "iron rice bowl" now, men have problems surviving already (in addition to an expensive hobby ). So it's time to re-evaluate the standard of "security" and not ask for too much. Relationship is a give and take, if women want to "lead the best life that they want", then they should also contribute to building that life.

    I have no comments on dating a shorter guy, it's the women's preference, her personal choice, if she doesn't like it there are plenty of taller guys around. Maybe he's short yet rich? To quote an English saying, "One can't have the cake and eat it too".

  16. #136
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    Alamak! How about me: a transsex, who will look after me and comfort me Sion? Will you?..........

    Hong Sien
    Uncle,

    For every man like you there is a half woman.

  17. #137
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xaler
    A female friend once said, "If I'm sick and tired of working, I get married and settle down loh". How convenient. If women want security... to fall back, do nothing, kick back and relax "when all else fails", it would mean the husband is able to support her financially and emotionally--i.e. a rich guy with plenty of time--am I right to say this?

    Where in Singapore can we find these guys? And what percentage of them exists actually? Perhaps this is asking too much. Yes, security is important, but let me put it this way, to provide security, one must be secure too. There is no more "iron rice bowl" now, men have problems surviving already (in addition to an expensive hobby ). So it's time to re-evaluate the standard of "security" and not ask for too much. Relationship is a give and take, if women want to "lead the best life that they want", then they should also contribute to building that life.
    Let's put it this way... Males need security too. (I agree with you)
    And they, too, don't feel secure if their wallets are empty.
    However, not all women place money at the top of their 'security' list.
    If someone should marry for love and happens to be in this situation, then the naive me would tend to believe that the woman would help in whatever ways she can.

    Actually, I also don't really know how to answer this.
    (consider my poor dating record!)
    Someone help me out here!

    And Mr. Bug, I may be a fruit, but I am a durian. I fall when I chose to fall. And you certainly cannot peel me.

  18. #138
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    Anyway, am I not right in saying that some females want to marry guys with a better financial status, need security? They want the assurance that they can lead the best life that they want.
    'Older, more established women' may want to marry because they want the assurance that they have someone (their own family) to fall back onto when everything else around them fails. Again, there is the need for security, but a different kind of security, but still it is security.
    Don't they all say (They want the assurance that they can lead the best life that they want)? At least most of my lady freinds says.

    Yes you may say it suppose to be a joke, but ladies, search your soul and tell yourself the statement is meant to be a joke, like "man are pig"?

    Anyway, they always ends with tha statement like, "its womans right", right?

    Poor singapore man, on one hand, ladies are fighting for equal status as man (I support that move), but on other hand, they have this mentality. Stress, stress.

    So guys, I suppose we can fall back on our Cameras when all fails. Cause if the ladies have this kind of thinking, my guess is, "bye bye" to you, when all fails and you also fails.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  19. #139
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    after the "finding", must make sure there is effort to "maintain".
    like a camera system, buy liao put on shelf sure grow moldy or have mechanical failure.
    sometimes, after all the best practices is said and done, you'll still realise "you like means you like"... heh... and then to stay together will have to see my earlier point.
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  20. #140

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee
    Don't they all say (They want the assurance that they can lead the best life that they want)? At least most of my lady freinds says.

    Yes you may say it suppose to be a joke, but ladies, search your soul and tell yourself the statement is meant to be a joke, like "man are pig"?

    Anyway, they always ends with tha statement like, "its womans right", right?

    Poor singapore man, on one hand, ladies are fighting for equal status as man (I support that move), but on other hand, they have this mentality. Stress, stress.

    So guys, I suppose we can fall back on our Cameras when all fails. Cause if the ladies have this kind of thinking, my guess is, "bye bye" to you, when all fails and you also fails.
    i refer to denniskee's post above. i quote "ladies fighting for equal status as man''. i am waiting for the day when women lawyers from SAWL(Singapore Association of Women Lawyers) will move to repeal some provisions in the Women's Charter, eg. women entitled to maintenance from their ex-husband.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •