Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Streats: No man is right for picky women

Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    Maybe its a culture thing?

Just watch the Latinos, the Italians and the French - to them this whole courtship thing isn't just a means to an end (finding a good genetic host for one's offspring), but a real social activity to indulge in. I mean, these people enjoy the chase itself.... the approach, the wooing, the yes-means-no and the no-means-yes game... all of it. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the subject of *offspring* and *marriage* came very late in the relationship.

If this culture would just learn to loosen up, there'd be lots of fun to be had and love to be made.

Of course, some of that will eventually lead to marriage, HDB's and babies. But its still too early in the game to worry about that

No flames, please - just speaking my mind
    Yeah, this reminds me of the concept of trial marriage - from becoming GF/BF thing to something more serious. It is a fabulous idea or trend - you try things out, if it works out, well continue from there or else, just move on. Simple.

Just like before you buy a cam or lens, you what to test it out first, right? Marriage should also be like that.

Quote Originally Posted by smallaperture
    Somewhat like Darwin's theory, like the animal kingdom. Some dominant males get to have more than 1 wife - a mistress, plus girlfriend etc. Just need those big status symbol, which are ultimately linked to money and more money.
    Haha true! But Darwin's 'evolution by natural selection' theory does not involve money. It involves more offspring!

Quote Originally Posted by sg_happy_2004
    Maybe my view is slightly different.

I believe men and women now are contaminated by free market economy, therefore they just becomes greedy when they see better things out there.

That is why so many people looking for brides from Vietnam, Indonesia, China where the bride can be very happy even just for slight financial upgrade and they are willing to serve the best to the husband.

However nowadays, there are more and more hi-life style showed-off everywhere (on the TV, internet, newspaper), so many people want to have it too, so now they trade the looks with good-heart and/or money.
    I believe in Darwin's 'evolution by natural selection' theory and humans in this century certainly have different opinions and needs than those in previous century. Nowadays, we can control birth, back then, where got such thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    Maybe its a culture thing?

Just watch the Latinos, the Italians and the French - to them this whole courtship thing isn't just a means to an end (finding a good genetic host for one's offspring), but a real social activity to indulge in. I mean, these people enjoy the chase itself.... the approach, the wooing, the yes-means-no and the no-means-yes game... all of it. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the subject of *offspring* and *marriage* came very late in the relationship.

If this culture would just learn to loosen up, there'd be lots of fun to be had and love to be made.

Of course, some of that will eventually lead to marriage, HDB's and babies. But its still too early in the game to worry about that

No flames, please - just speaking my mind
    Eh? Asians also enjoy courtships!

[QUOTE=smallaperture]Yeah, this reminds me of the concept of trial marriage - from becoming GF/BF thing to something more serious. It is a fabulous idea or trend - you try things out, if it works out, well continue from there or else, just move on. Simple.

Just like before you buy a cam or lens, you what to test it out first, right? Marriage should also be like that. QUOTE]

Car also
    Test drive
    Dancing desert scorpion
    :devil:

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2
    Fwahh, one of the sweeter confessions so far. There should be more gals like u ard who make gender discrimination less of an issue.
    She is sweet, isn't she?

[QUOTE=jnifur]
    Quote Originally Posted by smallaperture
    Yeah, this reminds me of the concept of trial marriage - from becoming GF/BF thing to something more serious. It is a fabulous idea or trend - you try things out, if it works out, well continue from there or else, just move on. Simple.

Just like before you buy a cam or lens, you what to test it out first, right? Marriage should also be like that QUOTE]

Car also
    Test drive
    Girl also
    Test F.... Sorry! Can't help it.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    She is sweet, isn't she?

Girl also
    Test F.... Sorry! Can't help it.
    WAhahahahah.....hmmm...some gals I know really did wat u mentioned..which is I think...wah lao...nothing to say. Their choice loh. I think is not very good loh.

Seriously, there are white and black sheeps among everyone.
    Most guys here are still the gals' cup of tea. No condo, HDB loh, no Cars, use KAR loh.....credits all that...still need to pay mah. Jus a card only. Got bread on the table is the most impt.
    Dancing desert scorpion
    :devil:

Default What women really want

When they say that they want someone with a great sense of humour, they always actually mean that they just want someone with a great dick

Hey "dick" isn't on the censored word list, yet

She is sweet, isn't she?
    Yes she is. Heee... U're already swooning at her?

I do have some friends who have had very happy marriages wherby looks, $ and cars are never the priority. And I must say they seem to be the most happily married couples I know. I can't think of any Hollywood stars who can come close to that!

If we remove all the glamour that the media has portrayed about hunks and pretty babes, I think a relationship constitutes more than just looks. Yes, looks are to a certain extent a component in attraction but definitely not the end all. Unfortunately, we've been bombarded with all the Hollywood illusions and glamour magazines and TV shows that portray a lady/guy as attractive only if she/he has riches and good looks. And sadly, some (young) people do take this mantra to heart and choose to believe that is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by jnifur
    WAhahahahah.....hmmm...some gals I know really did wat u mentioned..which is I think...wah lao...nothing to say. Their choice loh. I think is not very good loh.

Most guys here are still the gals' cup of tea. No condo, HDB loh, no Cars, use KAR loh.....credits all that...still need to pay mah. Jus a card only. Got bread on the table is the most impt.
    I believe this applies to the guys too. Most SG gals are still the guys' jug of beer.

Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    When they say that they want someone with a great sense of humour, they always actually mean that they just want someone with a great dick

Hey, how can censor? Dick is a person's name! Dick Lee? You know him?

Shhhh.....dun say so loud! Use pm! But hey, you are the one who says she is sweet 1st And i agree with you.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by kahheng

are you being too presumptuous? even if you are a female, you should still not be presumptuous.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 14th November 2004 at 12:34 AM.

geez...
    tks guys...
    but er.. i CAN men-bash if i wanted to... but its not fair to those guys i know who treat their wifeys/gfs so sweetly...
    there ARE decent gals around.. juz as there are GUYS...
    juz a matter of time and fate before they find each other??

Lightbulb

Err....I m obviously female, my definition of SPG is sarong party gal. Unless there is other definition? This is the only one I know woh.
    And oops...correction, some of the ladies are SPG, not most. Mistake.
    SPG is a term that pple used to describe gals who purposely look for angmohs loh. This is wat I know....is that offensive to u?
    In wat way? If I accidentally make u unhappy, sorry woh. But must let me know wat....otherwise I dunno
    yes, i do know what SPG stands for in local context, however, your admission is noted. sleep tight and don't let the bedbug bites!
    Last edited by reachme2003; 14th November 2004 at 12:50 AM.

Lightbulb

I do have some friends who have had very happy marriages wherby looks, $ and cars are never the priority. And I must say they seem to be the most happily married couples I know. I can't think of any Hollywood stars who can come close to that!

If we remove all the glamour that the media has portrayed about hunks and pretty babes, I think a relationship constitutes more than just looks. Yes, looks are to a certain extent a component in attraction but definitely not the end all. Unfortunately, we've been bombarded with all the Hollywood illusions and glamour magazines and TV shows that portray a lady/guy as attractive only if she/he has riches and good looks. And sadly, some (young) people do take this mantra to heart and choose to believe that is the only way.
    discretion between reel life and real life. wise observation on your part.

At the end of the day, physical appearance (ie looks and height included) do matter. They may not strictly want the drop dead handsome type or hunky, but at least the guy must be pleasing to the eyes. But to say this truth sometimes put the women in a spot, unless they themselves are physically attractive to begin with! So instead, they'll say things like "Oh, I only look for guys with good heart, etc etc".
    Well, from a gal's perspective, just switch the words "guy" and "gal" in the paragraph above, it's equally true. There are equally picky guys (similarly not all) out there. I have friends who married caucasian men because sg men dun see beyond the looks (and figure)...people from other cultures appreciate the inner qualities more...

sometimes, just a peek into the Portraits and Poses section here and see the comments and images posted...

I missed the 1st part of your post! Late liao, blur blur After reading *Gulp!* Better go drink my kopi!

Quote Originally Posted by furrypaws
    geez...
    tks guys...
    but er.. i CAN men-bash if i wanted to... but its not fair to those guys i know who treat their wifeys/gfs so sweetly...
    !!Men-bash wor!! Paws and claws come out liao! Hey little kiwi! You've been warned! Me, little bug, better scram!

!!Men-bash wor!! Paws and claws come out liao! Hey little kiwi! You've been warned! Me, little bug, better scram!

guess its not too farfetched to liken women to cats and men to dogs...
    treat us right and u'll have us purrRRring right at ur feet...
    step on our tails... and u're IN FOR IT!

Last edited by furrypaws; 14th November 2004 at 01:05 AM.

geez...
    tks guys...
    hah! speaking from experience

heh heh heh too late

Quote Originally Posted by berryhappy
    I have friends who married caucasian men because sg men dun see beyond the looks (and figure)...people from other cultures appreciate the inner qualities more...

sometimes, just a peek into the Portraits and Poses section here and see the comments and images posted...
    Erm....boys will be boys and boys need their toys and men still can't do without their toys....ok i dunno how to continue my poem liao

Guys across all races/cultures are similar. Guys will still value looks, not so good looking? Nevermind, as long as she has a good character and can get along well, it will be fine. If SG men dun see beyond looks, then all those married SG men must have super pretty wives!? Thats not the case ya?

Sometimes, those comments are meant to encourage or praise?

Men! Dogs! Felt so humilated! Oooo purrRRring at ur feet! I like that! haha!

Dun see the pic just now. Is that your cat? Male or female? Wow! Very fierce but good pose! Still wah.....its really tough being a rat!

:bsmilie :

come on, you tweak the WB to make its teeth look white

oh and next time must use a smaller aperture to blur out the background.

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    heh heh heh too late
    oi oi oi.. unker choy migrating from our thread, starting scandals in this thread ar?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast