Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Streats: No man is right for picky women

Well, I guess it just biological to be picky.. In nature, females pick their mates thru looks and abilities (ie. stronger, healthier, able to take care of family etc.).

Its just that those characteristics translate in the current society into looks (=health and grooming), money (=able to find food), house (=building nest) and car (= err.. we can no longer run from one place to next so have to get a car lor)..

I guess the only difference is the emotional part.. ie. someone who can attached emotionally and make you happy...

From young, we are all being constantly ranked.. in this case, its the same.. if cannot make it with the best, will eventually have to settle with the second best etc...

I guess the high no. of singles nowadays is due to pple do not know when to give up and settle with the next best.. and also those that don't know when they want to settle down..

I think I am just breaking it down to the most simple explanations to all these without all the nice things on the surface to cover it up.. hope don't get flamed for this.. since its my first post if I am not wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    this thread has been relegated to the battle of the sexes. To OT it a little further. Recently, I was asking why the need for associations or groups of individuals based solely on sex. eg. S'pore association of female lawyers. I thought that The Law Society represents all lawyers, regardless of sex. Or is there one where only men are represented. Association of male bartenders?

Why, Why, Why?
    CSMP ? Clubsnap for male photographers ??

Hmm....guys are picky too If a girl is ugly, I admit that i prob will not want to be with her. For guys, $$$ does not matter. Looks does matter. Thats why a woman has to look her best if she wants to attract a mate. Guys have to show that they're able to provide, bring home the meat! Not all SG girls are so unrealistic and picky. If they are, SG will have many old virgins!

Back to one old saying ......

If wan to wait for bus can , but after midnight bo bus liao , dun blame SBS why all the bus dun run whole day..... Ahhh .... know i understand liao .... no wonder they all buy CARS ....

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Hmm....guys are picky too If a girl is ugly, I admit that i prob will not want to be with her. For guys, $$$ does not matter. Looks does matter. Thats why a woman has to look her best if she wants to attract a mate. Guys have to show that they're able to provide, bring home the meat! Not all SG girls are so unrealistic and picky. If they are, SG will have many old virgins!

er .... at the rate we are going ..... dun be surprise at what u've mentioned ...

this thread has been relegated to the battle of the sexes. To OT it a little further. Recently, I was asking why the need for associations or groups of individuals based solely on sex. eg. S'pore association of female lawyers. I thought that The Law Society represents all lawyers, regardless of sex. Or is there one where only men are represented. Association of male bartenders?

Why, Why, Why?
    Usually during a same sex only informal gathering, esp the guys, U'll find that the brain is usually left at home. The kind, caring, gentle, suave person you are is gone. That's because there's no need for competition to be the best among the herd.

Good observation will be a group of guys watching EPL.

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    er .... at the rate we are going ..... dun be surprise at what u've mentioned ...
    What i am trying to say is not all SG girls are that picky. Most are quite realistic except maybe for a few that will have some lofty ideas. But who doesn't want the best for their offspring?

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Usually during a same sex only informal gathering, esp the guys, U'll find that the brain is usually left at home. The kind, caring, gentle, suave person you are is gone. That's because there's no need for competition to be the best among the herd.

Good observation will be a group of guys watching EPL.
    Watching EPL not too bad la. Drinking beer and getting sloshed is the time where we think with our ass

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    Back to one old saying ......

If wan to wait for bus can , but after midnight bo bus liao , dun blame SBS why all the bus dun run whole day..... Ahhh .... know i understand liao .... no wonder they all buy CARS ....
    after midnight, there are taxis and nightriders. however, impression still matters for the impressionables.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 13th November 2004 at 07:26 PM.

Actually this article is flawed. Meant to be taken lightly only. The writer did not speak to ALL SG men and women and its not backed by stats.

He is clever, he started his article talking to several women then at the conclusion he wrote 'Today's demanding lasses are certainly not settling for merely good-heartedness. They seem to want perfection - an impossible dream.'

And the last part....'I even know of a woman who will only date men with cars. Her reason: I don't want to go home late at night by myself and pay the midnight taxi surcharge.

But have her dates done this? Yes, she said. Most of those who don't drive put her in a cab and wave her goodbye.

Which brings me to another point: the lack of chivalry in young men today.'

According to the last part, he says he knew of a woman who will only date men with cars. But then that woman still go out with her dates and take a cab home by herself. How contradicting!

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-Mi
    What women want. I asked a couple of my girlfriends, heres the list. Although its pointless. Actually, just watch the Bachelor, you get the picture
    Keyword is Millionaire.

1. Good Looking
    2. Hunky
    3. Super Rich(like Richard Branson, they love him)
    4. Stylish
    5. A big, if not reasonably sized dick
    6. Ultra-performer in bed
    7. Cooks for them
    8. Pays all their bills so they can accumulate more Club 21 points
    9. Brings them out for dinner every week(at a swanky place)
    10. Not an MCP
    11. Does not embaress them in public
    12. Has a posh car
    13. Has an ever posher place
    14. Does not stay in a "pigeon hole"
    15. Does not live with his parents
    16. Listens to her
    17. Does not listen to his mother, (refer to 16)
    18. Able to take care of kids, so they can go shopping
    19. Able to talk to their girlfriends
    20. Rides a white horse and whose name is exactly "Prince Charming"(Like Prince William)
    21. So they can be a princess
    22. Comes when called
    23. Does not already have kids
    24. Loves her more than she loves him
    25. Lifts the toilet seat when they pee
    Wah, the list is long man. What about the chap who has a wife and then, a girlfriend hidden somewhere, and brings her to Hotel 81 now and then. She might be from PRC or his secretary.

Men are choosy, woman are choosy. So, the reality is that many do not get hitched, and remain virtually virgin for a greater part of their life or forever virgin. Those who are still virgin do not know what they have been missing all this while.

excuse me....but I think might be better to leave this virgin stuff out.......as it implicates sex.

Quote Originally Posted by eagles_creek
    excuse me....but I think might be better to leave this virgin stuff out.......as it implicates sex.
    Actually its all about sex isn't it? Men and women getting together despite being different and having different views.

Men want pretty women with good figure = sex = beautiful offspring.
    Women want rich handsome guys = sex = better lifestyle, beautiful offspring.

Ultimately its all about reproduction

But i believe that this article is flawed. Not to be taken seriously

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Actually its all about sex isn't it? Men and women getting together despite being different and having different views.

Men want pretty women with good figure = sex = beautiful offspring.
    Women want rich handsome guys = sex = better lifestyle, beautiful offspring.

Ultimately its all about reproduction

But i believe that this article is flawed. Not to be taken seriously
    Somewhat like Darwin's theory, like the animal kingdom. Some dominant males get to have more than 1 wife - a mistress, plus girlfriend etc. Just need those big status symbol, which are ultimately linked to money and more money.

Smile

Maybe my view is slightly different.

I believe men and women now are contaminated by free market economy, therefore they just becomes greedy when they see better things out there.

That is why so many people looking for brides from Vietnam, Indonesia, China where the bride can be very happy even just for slight financial upgrade and they are willing to serve the best to the husband.

However nowadays, there are more and more hi-life style showed-off everywhere (on the TV, internet, newspaper), so many people want to have it too, so now they trade the looks with good-heart and/or money.

The ladies are not talking....they are bitching
    I mean...yah know, in a pub, wat can we expect?
    I m not saying those who pub are not decent. Just that when one is pubbing...cant expect much politically correct talk.

As much as I want to fend for most ladies here who still dun really ask for much, (if we really wan to hiam, we can hiam a lot. Just like how the guys hiam the sg gals on not being gentle, too opinion minded, too driven, dunno how to cook and sew, dunno how to be housewife and give plenty of children...etc) I suppose most ladies are still kind of SPG, not all though.
    Cant be help....when the local guys are lamenting on how vietnam and china gals are better at domestic engineering, locals gals are pointing out the goods abt angmohs.

Conclusion, lets be nice to our opposite gender. When we stop complaining, we find peace.
    yeah?
    Last edited by jnifur; 13th November 2004 at 11:20 PM.
    Dancing desert scorpion
    :devil:

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jnifur
    The ladies are not talking....they are bitching
    I mean...yah know, in a pub, wat can we expect?
    I m not saying those who pub are not decent. Just that when one is pubbing...cant expect much politically correct talk.

As much as I want to fend for most ladies here who still dun really ask for much, (if we really wan to hiam, we can hiam a lot. Just like how the guys hiam the sg gals on not being gentle, too opinion minded, too driven, dunno how to cook and sew, dunno how to be housewife and give plenty of children...etc) I suppose most ladies are still kind of SPG, not all though.
    Cant be help....when the local guys are lamenting on how vietnam and china gals are better at domestic engineering, locals gals are pointing out the goods abt angmohs.

Conclusion, lets be nice to our opposite gender. When we stop complaining, we find peace.
    yeah?
    'most ladies are still kind of SPG, not all though.', i, as a male, takes offence of your statement, but please clarify what does 'SPG' denotes to you?

'most ladies are still kind of SPG, not all though.', i, as a male, takes offence of your statement, but please clarify what does 'SPG' denotes to you?
    Err....I m obviously female, my definition of SPG is sarong party gal. Unless there is other definition? This is the only one I know woh.
    And oops...correction, some of the ladies are SPG, not most. Mistake.
    SPG is a term that pple used to describe gals who purposely look for angmohs loh. This is wat I know....is that offensive to u?
    In wat way? If I accidentally make u unhappy, sorry woh. But must let me know wat....otherwise I dunno
    Dancing desert scorpion

Maybe its a culture thing?

Just watch the Latinos, the Italians and the French - to them this whole courtship thing isn't just a means to an end (finding a good genetic host for one's offspring), but a real social activity to indulge in. I mean, these people enjoy the chase itself.... the approach, the wooing, the yes-means-no and the no-means-yes game... all of it. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the subject of *offspring* and *marriage* came very late in the relationship.

If this culture would just learn to loosen up, there'd be lots of fun to be had and love to be made.

Of course, some of that will eventually lead to marriage, HDB's and babies. But its still too early in the game to worry about that

No flames, please - just speaking my mind

Incidentally, I hope u dun misunderstood my usage of saying bitching as a bad term.
    Just a jagon. U noe, we gals like to gather in groups, and we crap...really crap n gossip and anything u can think of.
    So it is like...bitching.....Just talk rots lah...enjoy and relax. ALways happens in pub esp we get a bit high and all. But it doesnt mean pubbing gals are bad ya know
    That's my intention across.

And yah, I hope I clarify SPG to u.
    There is really such a term u noe.....not I self invent wan.
    Dancing desert scorpion

Quote Originally Posted by furrypaws
    c'mon guys... its not true lah...
    dun condemn the rest of the sg girls jus cuz of the one or two girls u know...
    for me its simple:

love me, love my cats..
    i dun expect him to feel for animals the way i do..
    but at least treats them with the basic respect and gentleness...
    openness, sincerity, sense of responsibility and a caring nature..
    a connection at the emotional and intellectual level..
    dont matter if u aint got cars or condo..
    Fwahh, one of the sweeter confessions so far. There should be more gals like u ard who make gender discrimination less of an issue.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast