Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Streats: No man is right for picky women

[QUOTE=espn]Hi Bluecoral, just for the sake of a healthy reply, no offence.

Yes, and they still are, they are financially independent, thus their counterparts cannot be any lesser, condos, car, credit cards and cash are everything else they want, more is never a sin for them. Less is. They want more, and you have to give them more. Satisfaction doesn't seem to be a valid word.
    QUOTE]

Sure, no offence. (Below are my friendly reply)

What I mean here is that modern women who are financially independent don't need guys to support them in terms of material needs.

They (most but not all women) need someone to connect on an emotional or physical (well, everyone has their physical needs) level.

What's the point of having rich, handsome, whatever guys who can't connect ?!?

More is definitely a sin, my friend. When ppl asked for more, they become greedy and greed is definitely a sin.

Of course, I have to agree that there are women out there who are "hunting" for handsome "big fish",etc...just like most guys go for pretty, sexy women instead of the decent, average looking ones.

Love is grown out of many frictions which sparks off fire until a smooth surface appears eventually......

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoral
    Sure, no offence. (Below are my friendly reply)

What I mean here is that modern women who are financially independent don't need guys to support them in terms of material needs.

They (most but not all women) need someone to connect on an emotional or physical (well, everyone has their physical needs) level.

What's the point of having rich, handsome, whatever guys who can't connect ?!?

More is definitely a sin, my friend. When ppl asked for more, they become greedy and greed is definitely a sin.

Of course, I have to agree that there are women out there who are "hunting" for handsome "big fish",etc...just like most guys go for pretty, sexy women instead of the decent, average looking ones.
    Ya ya, I know what you meant, thus I replied with women are independent but so must be their counterparts, they're already at the level whereby everything else must be better than them or equal to them. This is the choosy layer.

You can have rich counterparts but you don't need to connect!! That's the failing point of a lot of marriages these days, women are independent, they don't need men! Thus no need to get married.

Heehee if you read my post again, I meant it in a sacarstic way of saying women never find more a sin, but in real life yes I do agree, it is.

Finally we meet on the same level!!

Guys go after young girls
    Girls go after rich guys.

It takes two to clap. Heehee.

Where are the ladies? I'd love to hear from them so that this discussion can be more balanced.

As for me, I just dunno what to say ... this kind of things are really beyond me!

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi

Where are the ladies? I'd love to hear from them so that this discussion can be more balanced.

As for me, I just dunno what to say ... this kind of things are really beyond me!
    You should start this in the ladies forum, I'm sure they'll be busy replying

And you should start looking for one, then you'll perhaps understand

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoral
    I don't really understand why guys (not all but most) think that women only go for rich, handsome guys with cars or big houses?!?

Are women really so materialistic in guy's opinion? Personally I feel that women in this era are finanicially independent and can or are able to acheive what they need and want by themselves.

From my personal observation of friends (they are not those approx 28 and up, single gals) around me, they go for guys who are kind, sincere, thoughtful, etc... Most of them believe that it is better to have a guy with such character who is diligent than having a handsome, rich guy with simply no character at all.

The above are my personal views only.
    Hi Bluecoral,

It's nice and refreshing to hear about your friends' choices.

Like I said, women don't necessarily go for the rich and handsome BUT it's hard to deny that looks don't play a part. It's too diplomatic I feel to always hear or read: "The guy must have good heart, caring, blah blah". I mean, who wants to be with someone who is not??? Isn't it an obvious statement?

Inevitably, whenever the conversation centres on relationships, the female friends and colleagues I know will directly or indirectly state preference for height and looks. If that's the case, then just say it. Why pretend to be so nonchalently simple? Only the very plain-looking women who lead simple lives I know who will not demand much criteria.

As you've mentioned, it is precisely gals today are independent and career minded that they want the guys to be one up from them. Have more, as espn said. In this fast-paced, busy, materialistic century, I don't think it's that simple as "Love will keep us alive." (Eagles-tune please! Hee..)

So what is your OWN opinion of this issue as a lady?

Quote Originally Posted by espn

And you should start looking for one, then you'll perhaps understand
    Start this in the ladies sub-forum? I don't have access rights lah ... Heh ... who knows? They may be discussing this as we speak.

Seriously I'd like to hear from the rest, the ladies and especially the married copules. In addition, let's keep the discussion constructive, relevant and thought-provoking ... hate to see this potentially informative topic to degenerate into a battle of sexes thingee ... let's make peace instead of war ...
    Last edited by Adam Goi; 12th November 2004 at 12:52 PM.

Angry

think about it ... if a guy is broke and ugly but with a heart of gold , who will want to date this guy ?? honestly, just how many of the ladies out there would want to ?? I'm not saying none will but i'm refering to the majority of the girls in this current society ... Through my exprience in the past ... man like that will lose out to those 'Ah sia kia' who got flashy cars and tons of pocket money from their rich ah gong and ah pa.

Although I have to agree that some girls are still sensible and not materialistic ... just like my wife, but this is rare ... damn rare ...

women will only complain when SG men find bride in vietnam and kalimantan ..
    but they will never take the blame to themselves.

1 question ... how many girls around here can cook a decent meal ?? So ... pls do some soul searching before women out there complain that men are abusing the woman charter blah blah blah ....

For those single woman and wish to stay single . Dun hang up for sale for too long .. men always go for 'fresh and cheap meat'

For those single but wish to get married ... time to lower your expectation .. not all man can be Jim Carrey and Bill Gates at the same time.

For those who's getting married ... Congrats ! dun let small small things hurt both your feelings . Control your emotions, for a sudden burst of wrath is like a nail into a wall .... a hole will be there foverever.
    Last edited by poohbear; 12th November 2004 at 01:53 PM.

I thank God for giving me a Fiancee who is simple and dun mind that i am not Bill Gates. Although she dun cook pretty well, her mum can!!! (I always makan at her place)

However, there are times (many times, in fact) that we dun see face to face in different issues due to different familiy origin and we cause hurt to each other. But after a few sessions of pre-marital counselling by a professional, we tend to know ourselves better and are willing to change out of love for each other.

We are getting married next year and is looking forward to the next stage of our life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard Ong
    I thank God for giving me a Fiancee who is simple and dun mind that i am not Bill Gates. Although she dun cook pretty well, her mum can!!! (I always makan at her place)

However, there are times (many times, in fact) that we dun see face to face in different issues due to different familiy origin and we cause hurt to each other. But after a few sessions of pre-marital counselling by a professional, we tend to know ourselves better and are willing to change out of love for each other.

We are getting married next year and is looking forward to the next stage of our life.
    WELCOME TO THE CLUB !!!!! ... hope u really name your son Nick hahaha

Ok ok as one of the few female members lurking around, I shall add my observations. Being picky is a mutual thing - both guys and gals are equally guilty of it.

I don't deny I have heard some very ridiculous things from some girlfriends when they list out just what they are looking for in a guy.

However, guys are often guilty of the same. Believe me, I have met many guys who are not even interested in being just friends once they think the girl cannot make it.

And having spoken at length with a few guy buddies, yes looks are paramount for guys. Who cares about character when the girl is pretty and sexy? Character can take a back seat.

Anyway, most important is having enough self-confidence and self-worth. If people think you are not good enough, maybe they are just the wrong people who can't appreciate you for what you are.

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    WELCOME TO THE CLUB !!!!! ... hope u really name your son Nick hahaha
    Ha, hopefully my wife will agree to this name.

Ha, hopefully my wife will agree to this name.
    well if your wife is a canon user maybe she will insist on ken ong

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    well if your wife is a canon user maybe she will insist on ken ong
    Ha ha ha ha.....thats a nice one......ha ha ha ha

It's heart-warming to read such threads.....Marital counselling really helps if both parties are willing to compromise. Compromise & able to acknowledge one's faults is the key to a happy relationship....

i really do hope you have a son to carry on that brand-name...* snigger, snigger, snigger *

As for the 'picky women' discussion here, i think it has got to do with this 'independent woman' thingy and also the 'S-e-x in the City' influence.
    As for men, we are not blame-free. Look at those pple going for Vietnamese/Kalimantan brides........apart from behaving like a domesticated pet, they also expect a virgin!
    Like Confucius once said..." Ai pee; Ai Chee; Ai Tua Liap xxx ..."

If i have 2 sons, Ken and Nick, i suppose they will fight constantly. Cannot cannot.....

Quote Originally Posted by zorro18
    Did Confucius really say that? Wah piang, i cant stop laughing, someone help me.....

Did Confucius really say that? Wah piang, i cant stop laughing, someone help me.....

now tats something to read...lol
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by zorro18
    Now is that girls want about boys or boys want about girls??

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi
    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Haw do you know Adam Goi is not Eve Goi in the Ladies Forum??

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast