Thread: Lustre Green

Default Lustre Green

Image02 by Sleek Stylez, on Flickr

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
    -Composition & Pre-processing.

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
    -To show the audience that it's special for a building to be covered with so much greenery.

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    -A sunny afternoon.

4. My personal thoughts about the image.
    -I finds it refreshing and relaxing to be imagining if i were relaxing/dining inside it.

Do give your comments fellow forumer

Default Re: Lustre Green

I think the composition is a little too messy with all the bits of leafs sticking on the left side of the frame. Also, given the huge dynamic range in the lighting, it would probably have been better if you can find a composition that includes less of the sky. The completely blown out highlights are quite distracting. Also, since the house is the main subject I find it a little strange that the viewer can see so little of it.
    Processing wise from what I can tell this is almost completely straight out of camera, and to be honest I don't think scene could have handled too much processing without looking really fake, so yea well done there
    Hope this helps. Cheers
    Light illuminates, shadows define - Rick Sammon
    Flickr | My Portfolio

White balance is poor because the pillars are supposed to be white. This must be the restaurant at Botanic Garden where there are big trees on your left. That's why you can't compose the shot well. Why not try shooting for the building from another angle or the other sides of the house.

Blog Entries

You are trying to show a building in your picture. But the building is blocked by such a big leaf that the building can no longer be seen properly. A step or two to your left would have solved this. Maybe you should try again.

Thanks all. Appreciate the comment and critisicm. Pointers taken. Cheers!