Thread: Photoshop CS Camera Raw Interface

Default Photoshop CS Camera Raw Interface

Need some advise from Photoshop CS experts...

When I open a RAW file, the Camera Raw Interface will pop up:

However, when I open a RAW file now, a very basic interface pops up:

My question is, how do I get the previous interface back? Really need your help cause the basic interface is

Thanks in advance.

Hi there.

Find for this file: Nikon NEF Plugin.8Bi

It should be in Program Files > Photoshop CS > Plug-Ins > Adobe Photoshop Only > File Formats

or

Photoshop CS > Plug-Ins > Adobe ImageReady Only > File Formats

Remove it from the folder. Delete if you want. I just moved it into another folder. This conflicts with the Camera RAW plug-in.

Quote Originally Posted by acroamatic
    Hi there.

Find for this file: Nikon NEF Plugin.8Bi

It should be in Program Files > Photoshop CS > Plug-Ins > Adobe Photoshop Only > File Formats

or

Photoshop CS > Plug-Ins > Adobe ImageReady Only > File Formats

Remove it from the folder. Delete if you want. I just moved it into another folder. This conflicts with the Camera RAW plug-in.
    Hi acroamatic,

Many thanks for your super fast reply. IT WORKS!!!!! Thanks again!!!
    Last edited by funksoulava; 11th November 2004 at 09:05 PM.

No problem...

Hi acroamatic, I face the same problem. However, I am using the D70 so getting rid of that file will not let me open the nef files in PS . Is there any other files I should get rid of? Many thanks.

No problem, just resolved it

erm... having some problems with the trial version of Nikon Capture 4. The Nikon Capture editor doesnt start up when i run the program. Why is this so? I've tried uninstalling it and restarting the computer and also using the register key editor program given with the zip file downloaded from their site to remove the registry keys. But still doesnt work. Anyone encounter this problem before?

After you use PS to process and save the RAW file have you notice that the EXIF info is remove?

Quote Originally Posted by bonfire
    After you use PS to process and save the RAW file have you notice that the EXIF info is remove?
    that can be solved by add a layer on your current one.

before you do any editing, press ctrl A to select all and ctrl v to paste a new layer on top. so the bottom layer retains the EXIF info and you can do all ur editing on the top layer, so you can get BOTH EXIF info and your post processed image results

Quote Originally Posted by Gosu_John
    that can be solved by add a layer on your current one.

before you do any editing, press ctrl A to select all and ctrl v to paste a new layer on top. so the bottom layer retains the EXIF info and you can do all ur editing on the top layer, so you can get BOTH EXIF info and your post processed image results
    Thanks Gosu John for the hot tip. I guess the only disadvantage in using PS over NC to save RAW to Jpeg is that it will erase the EXIF info. Looks like using the layer method maybe the only way for now.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by bonfire
    Thanks Gosu John for the hot tip. I guess the only disadvantage in using PS over NC to save RAW to Jpeg is that it will erase the EXIF info. Looks like using the layer method maybe the only way for now.
    hehe np

glad to be of help.

just remember to do it for ur photos can u imagine processing all your photos then realising u forgot to do this step and u lost all ur EXIF info?

i once had that happen to me.