Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will dust get into sensor if nvr change lens?

Default Re: Will dust get into sensor if nvr change lens?

There's always a need to keep your equipment in serviceable condition, especially so if you are making a living out of photography but thinking that the dust problem can be resolved by not changing lenses.......... why buy a DSLR to begin with??

the sponge that cushions the mirror flipping will fragment and end up on the sensor over long term usage anyway.. tiny bits of the sponge.. :P
    pedantic.

Harder if its a weather sealed camera and lens, but dust is everywhere and could already me in your camera before you mounted the lens and not removed the lens anymore.
    No big deal anyway, just clean it if its appears.
    Don't need to be paranoid.

If not, just stick to a waterproof PNS camera.

Blog Entries

One of our hardcore street photographers here once told me... If dust gets on the sensor, clean it. If sand gets into the lens, send it to NSC. If water cause problems for your camera, send it to NSC. If shutter breaks, get it replaced. Don't stop shooting.

He has replaced his shutter 3 times already. Clocking close to a million shots. He shoots in the sand dunes, shoots in the rain, shoots up close. I have seen his lens got whacked with a sweet potato, all he did was looked at the guy, took out his lens cloth, wipe it and shoot on. I have seen him run into the sea with his camera, water up to his chest. I have seen him get down on the wet street in the dirty rain water, just to get his shots.

And people look at his photos and ask him how he got his shots. I have shot with this man, walked in the rain with him, in areas even the local photographers told us to avoid. And it was the one best experience I had in a long time.

The camera is used to take pictures. The moment you decide to keep your camera in your bag at the first smell of rain or other elements, you lost the opportunity to capture the moments. The moment you decide not to change lenses because of dust, you lost the perspective to make the photos you want.

The man in action - Tungtong

His shot in the pouring rain, camera over his head, walking in the rain by the subject. The expression he caught... priceless.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 29th November 2011 at 06:55 PM.

it subjective... i prefer to take care my items and maintain it in mint condition.
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by small pig View Post
    it subjective... i prefer to take care my items and maintain it in mint condition.
    Sure. Everyone have their limits. This also means, you will probably not able to capture the images like the gentlemen I talked about.

Cheers.

crazy fellow ....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by d700KING View Post
    crazy fellow ....
    Yes, he is crazy about his photography. No good and distinguished photographer, or artist in any field, get to whey there are today, without being crazy about what they do. It is sometimes known as passion.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 29th November 2011 at 08:06 PM.

Yeah keep in good condition, keep shutter count low, etc, then sell when new model come out, then real users can benefit and buy them at lower cost. While gear fondling owners pay brand new price and spend their time keeping it in good for the next owner who put it to good use. Everyone has a role in the grand scheme of things.

keeping shutter low doesn't means not into shooting. I am not a trigger happy person, prefer to compose slowly and shoot only what is needed. I bet alot of bros here do the same thing...
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

Blog Entries

What is "what is needed"?

Q:Is your camera more important or the photo more important?

tungtong
    SAIGON
    I TRY to...Keep the lines of communication open, can U?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tungtong

Blog Entries

sigh... sign of the school holidays.... bo liao posts.

thread closed.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12