Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who plays snooker in CS?

Quote Originally Posted by Aton
    I believe you are saying the one in Katong Mall, Basement 2. its called Oakland, 47 tables if i'm not wrong, closed down about 10 years ago. Last time have Green man, Greenwood, Tay Ban Guan, The Arcradia, Colour Ball, Rayman, Archery. Etc, Katong at one time have more than 10 snooker saloon, less than 5mins walk away, but all closed down already.

Now katong area only have PRO Snooker, East Coast is the East Coast Recreational Club(ERC), MecMaster. West Coast is WRC. Supercue at M. Sq & M south is poor compare to PRO. I have been to many saloons, PRO is the best I've been to, of course the price is slightly higher than some. but much more value for $ when compare to SuperCue at M Sq, over $10 plus/hr with torn cushion, the quality of table and cushion also sub-standard.
    ya! ya! ya! that's the one! it was so long ago until i can't even remember the name correctly. but i do remember the place, the ambience very well. after it was closed down, i can't find any other saloon that can match Oakland's standard.

Plenty of kakis around...

1. Dundee (high break 40)
    2. W.S
    3. Aton (high break - 50)
    4. espn
    5. Kop
    6. Nemesis32 (high break - 30 to 40 range)
    7. Afbug
    8. ThomasD
    9. sbs99
    10. Adamgoi

enough players for espn to start stocking Nikon cues and Canon balls for sale ...
    Heard that Thailand cues are good and cheap. Anyone has experience buying cues, cues tips and three-quarter cue case to share. I simply dislike to put my cues in a soft case and transport in a car. Any recommendations for a hard case?

Quote Originally Posted by dundee
    enough players for espn to start stocking Nikon cues and Canon balls for sale ...
    Heard that Thailand cues are good and cheap. Anyone has experience buying cues, cues tips and three-quarter cue case to share. I simply dislike to put my cues in a soft case and transport in a car. Any recommendations for a hard case?
    I'm using Mastercue, cost me $160 inclusive of 6" extension Buy those hard metal case

http://www.mastercue.th.com/

Ooops forgot to add: Mine is Tournament series. Plain jane cue, no designs. I plain janes!
    Last edited by afbug; 15th November 2004 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    I'm using Mastercue, cost me $160 inclusive of 6" extension Buy those hard metal case

Ooops forgot to add: Mine is Tournament series. Plain jane cue, no designs. I plain janes!
    Thanks afbug for the link. Found it informative and I never been there before.

I have used a good cheapo brandless cue that is around 17 oz for years> Slightly light but like it. A bit of lacking in real power when some power shots are needed.
    I changed to a 17.5 oz cue (Real Player) and now struggling to control the cue ball. Cannot break even 30 points when the situation is right. I did not know that I can be that cue-weight sensitive. It has a solid quality ring but a feel a bit 'dead' on my hand with some shots. Cannot work around the black easily with it. Thought that it will help me to move to the next level of 40 to 50 break but did not.

Feel like picking up the game again to de-stress.

Any good cue-tips to recommend. Maybe this is the weak link that is part of my control problem as well. Used to buy one or two pieces from the saloon (quite ex) and when they change stock or brand, problems surface. Where can I get them (a small box of 50 - sharing it with some kakis if good) - any one can recommend?
    Last edited by dundee; 15th November 2004 at 02:28 AM.

Used to play in school.
    Now hope to get a pt for my shoot.... (its that bad)...
    So, seems like we are getting enough folks to start a game...
    SAFRA - new place - maybe can try that out...
    Cheers,
    Andy

Ooops forgot to add: Mine is Tournament series. Plain jane cue, no designs.
    highest break 48 at marina sq supercue using house cue.
    just came back from amk central there.dunno the place call what name,anyway just for leisure,long time din play already.

best cue i used is a john parris cue.Anyone tried it before?
    it have an extra battery pack below for better grip,i think people call them 3/4 cue.
    i seen before a 1 piece thailand cue,rock solid but that was very long time ago when ECP's macdonald above was a old style billiard saloon.

Used to play at serangoon garden,marina sq and parklane.

pool here! pool is nice!

amk central that one is called snookerium.. dun like leh cuz they combined the arcade together.. quite noisy..

Quote Originally Posted by faa
    pool here! pool is nice!

amk central that one is called snookerium.. dun like leh cuz they combined the arcade together.. quite noisy..
    i still can't appreciate this pool game leh... i find that the pocket is big and thus make almost every shot seem possible and easy. furthermore it could be more expensive than snooker because it is by per game basis. so each time u finish a game and u have to dong $ again... every expensive leh...

More of us
    More of us..... own up, own up....those who have mispent some of our youth instead of shooting pictures.

1. Dundee (high break - 40)
    2. W.S
    4. espn
    5. Kop (average 30)
    7. Afbug
    8. ThomasD
    9. sbs99
    10. Adamgoi (pool)
    11. hkquah
    12. zaa
    13. zack81 (high break with house cue - 48)

So many now. Must register as a club or else illegal gathering rule applies when we want to meet ....
    Any one got one of those F1.2 or below lens to shoot in the available darkness of some of the snookerium?

Quote Originally Posted by dundee
    Thanks afbug for the link. Found it informative and I never been there before.

I have used a good cheapo brandless cue that is around 17 oz for years> Slightly light but like it. A bit of lacking in real power when some power shots are needed.
    I changed to a 17.5 oz cue (Real Player) and now struggling to control the cue ball. Cannot break even 30 points when the situation is right. I did not know that I can be that cue-weight sensitive. It has a solid quality ring but a feel a bit 'dead' on my hand with some shots. Cannot work around the black easily with it. Thought that it will help me to move to the next level of 40 to 50 break but did not.

Feel like picking up the game again to de-stress.

Any good cue-tips to recommend. Maybe this is the weak link that is part of my control problem as well. Used to buy one or two pieces from the saloon (quite ex) and when they change stock or brand, problems surface. Where can I get them (a small box of 50 - sharing it with some kakis if good) - any one can recommend?
    Concentration? I also find it hard to concentrate these days After potting 3-4 balls, i lose interest

IMHO Brunswick blue diamond or the cheaper elk master tips are good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by kop
    i still can't appreciate this pool game leh... i find that the pocket is big and thus make almost every shot seem possible and easy. furthermore it could be more expensive than snooker because it is by per game basis. so each time u finish a game and u have to dong $ again... every expensive leh...
    Some places charge by the hour. No need to dong so much $.

Quote Originally Posted by tOGGY
    Some places charge by the hour. No need to dong so much $.
    really huh? this shows i no tell lies hee. i've given up snooker long long time ago

anyone played at Classics at the national stadium last time?

yes togggy.. most places charge by the hour.. snooker is indeed alot more harder but pool is as challenging as well cuz its very much a strategy game.. to a certent extent, its a more strategical game compared to snooker cuz one single wrong cue can cause u the game...

You still play at Pot Black or West Coast often? I might be going to WCRC tonight
    Hardly play these days... too busy

2. W.S
    4. espn
    5. Kop (average 30)
    7. Afbug
    8. ThomasD
    9. sbs99 (pool - for fun only, non-hustler)
    10. Adamgoi (pool)
    11. hkquah
    12. zaa
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    anyone played at Classics at the national stadium last time?
    I played there before! Air-con damn cold, like north pole! I played at the Mechmaster beside it too

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99
    2. W.S
    4. espn
    5. Kop (average 30)
    7. Afbug
    8. ThomasD
    10. Adamgoi (pool)
    11. hkquah
    12. zaa

don't put my break as average 30 leh! that was abt 15 years or more ago leh! now is 1 point per every 5 tries leh...

new update:
    2. W.S
    4. espn
    5. Kop (1/5)
    7. Afbug
    8. ThomasD
    10. Adamgoi (pool)
    11. hkquah
    12. zaa

number ball can?

Deregistered

Wah! you play him, then he play you and both shoot?
    Just saw this

afbug

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast