Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46

Thread: Who plays snooker in CS?

  1. #1

    Default Who plays snooker in CS?

    Please own up.....

    1. Dundee - average break = 20 points

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    800

    Default

    *raise hands*

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bedok South
    Posts
    89

    Default

    average break 20-30, 1/2 century rarely

  4. #4
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Used to play very often, then my friends got girlfriends, then seldom go out to play already

  5. #5

    Default

    4 players owned up already.

    1. Dundee (high break 40)
    2. W.S
    3. Aton (high break - 50)
    4. espn

    Wondering where do you find a nice place to play and to chill out? I used to hang out at Toa Payoh Safra. Find it quite ok with the renovation last year.

  6. #6
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default



    Wah you all damn chun! Me get 5-10 points break, very happy already You guys got your own personal cue? If have, tell me more bout it.
    I normally play at West Coast RC and Pot Black. Tried the new SAFRA Mount Faber, new tables!!
    Last edited by afbug; 12th November 2004 at 08:17 AM.

  7. #7

    Default

    Me pool.....
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    800

    Default

    kallang and concourse have nice tables (at least tht's the impression i got last time).

  9. #9

    Default

    Used to play everyday during school holiday break. Now occasionally play at Pro-snooker in Katong SC. They got very nice tables, cosy environment and best still, strictly NO smoking.

  10. #10
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    I used to play at Balestier there, with my friend, cos that's the only place he knows how to go (ok, don't blast me on this, it's true, he didn't watch a movie in a cinema before till yr 2000, so...)

    After that, I played frequently at Marina Square, superbowl, tables are still ok.

    Played at Singtel Academy also, had a friend signed us in.

    And yes, I still have my personal cue, personal chalk

  11. #11

    Default

    me used to play 4-5 times a week. average abt 30 dropped to 1 per every 5 tries

    pai seh, pai seh...

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug


    Wah you all damn chun! Me get 5-10 points break, very happy already You guys got your own personal cue? If have, tell me more bout it.
    I normally play at West Coast RC and Pot Black. Tried the new SAFRA Mount Faber, new tables!!

    Used to play at pot black... sometimes WEst Coast RC also, as near my place.
    Highest break.. can't rem, but prob around 30-40?

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    800

    Default

    mebbe we should meet up and play sometime...

  14. #14
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Wait... play billard or play cameras ?

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    800

    Default

    both? i play u shoot, u play i shoot :P

  16. #16
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Used to play at pot black... sometimes WEst Coast RC also, as near my place.
    Highest break.. can't rem, but prob around 30-40?
    You still play at Pot Black or West Coast often? I might be going to WCRC tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by w.s
    both? i play u shoot, u play i shoot :P
    Wah! you play him, then he play you and both shoot?

  17. #17
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Nowdays more pool than snooker ... prefer the former they have bigger pockets ...

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bedok South
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD
    Used to play everyday during school holiday break. Now occasionally play at Pro-snooker in Katong SC. They got very nice tables, cosy environment and best still, strictly NO smoking.
    Agree, best public snooker saloon. I play there also. got a locker there that's y.

    Snooker is similar to golf, only the player can appreciate the game. I have played for around 11 years. PRO snooker used to be at the Leisure Park, but business have been affected by the road and mrt constuction, that why they shifted to Katong Shopping Centre. The rental at leisure park was about $25k/mth.

    So they shifted to Katong. The owner really understand what the player wants, the table and cushion are in very good condition. have different rate.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aton
    Agree, best public snooker saloon. I play there also. got a locker there that's y.

    Snooker is similar to golf, only the player can appreciate the game. I have played for around 11 years. PRO snooker used to be at the Leisure Park, but business have been affected by the road and mrt constuction, that why they shifted to Katong Shopping Centre. The rental at leisure park was about $25k/mth.

    So they shifted to Katong. The owner really understand what the player wants, the table and cushion are in very good condition. have different rate.
    That remind me of a place called "Auckland Recreation Club". Was located at Katong SC in the past. A cosy place to visit, nice ambience and tables are quite new. Business was good. the place can house about 40 tables and every weekends the tables were all fully taken up. Waiting list were usuaully at least 10 names long. After so many years, I still miss that place.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bedok South
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kop
    That remind me of a place called "Auckland Recreation Club". Was located at Katong SC in the past. A cosy place to visit, nice ambience and tables are quite new. Business was good. the place can house about 40 tables and every weekends the tables were all fully taken up. Waiting list were usuaully at least 10 names long. After so many years, I still miss that place.

    I believe you are saying the one in Katong Mall, Basement 2. its called Oakland, 47 tables if i'm not wrong, closed down about 10 years ago. Last time have Green man, Greenwood, Tay Ban Guan, The Arcradia, Colour Ball, Rayman, Archery. Etc, Katong at one time have more than 10 snooker saloon, less than 5mins walk away, but all closed down already.

    Now katong area only have PRO Snooker, East Coast is the East Coast Recreational Club(ERC), MecMaster. West Coast is WRC. Supercue at M. Sq & M south is poor compare to PRO. I have been to many saloons, PRO is the best I've been to, of course the price is slightly higher than some. but much more value for $ when compare to SuperCue at M Sq, over $10 plus/hr with torn cushion, the quality of table and cushion also sub-standard.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •