Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggest 50mm Portrait Lens NIKON D7000

Default Re: Suggest 50mm Portrait Lens NIKON D7000

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    My copy of the Sigma 50/1.4 performs great bro. Fringing is very low, and very contrasty. Much much better in purple fringing than my old 50/1.4D. BTW mine is the new version with the new exterior (smooth plastic)
    looks good enough. i must have tested a lousy copy. was the d700 ca protection turned on? i know the guy who showed it to me on a 7d was so happy about it and i was thinking my 30 y/o 501.2 performs better wide open..
    F3, FTN, D700, just primes =)
    http://littleredcake.smugmug.com/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Ang

looks good enough. i must have tested a lousy copy. was the d700 ca protection turned on? i know the guy who showed it to me on a 7d was so happy about it and i was thinking my 30 y/o 501.2 performs better wide open..
    Thing to note is that sigmas over the years have some funky qc issues. Really need to test and make sure you get a good copy.

CA correction can be turned off and on? Sorry bro, I am not aware there is such an option. Even in raw, the ca looked as low as the jpeg.

Yes the 1.2 ais is a good one. I have one too. But sometimes, when you need AF you need AF. And I find the bokeh of the sigma to be better, especially when there are bright lights and you get some donuts.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 30th November 2011 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Thing to note is that sigmas over the years have some funky qc issues. Really need to test and make sure you get a good copy.

CA correction can be turned off and on? Sorry bro, I am not aware there is such an option. Even in raw, the ca looked as low as the jpeg.

Yes the 1.2 ais is a good one. I have one too. But sometimes, when you need AF you need AF. And I find the bokeh of the sigma to be better, especially when there are bright lights and you get some donuts.
    yea. always hear of qc issues. i would like to try a good copy of the sigma 50 and 85 primes one day. i dont think i ve gotten any donuts on the 50 1.2 before, but it is sometimes irritating to see the not-round oof highlights when you stop down to 2.8 and lower. I dont ever use AF so it suits me perfectly =P
    F3, FTN, D700, just primes =)
    http://littleredcake.smugmug.com/

Hehe don't forget about the Series E 50 1.8, got one off ebay and loving it. Despite its age, older MF lens tends to have its quality unswayed.

Not that i say newer ones aren't as gd.. i'm sure the 1.8G will look awesome as well. But for the price i paid..def a gem to keep for the pancake size.
    D7000/ MB-D11/ SB-700/ Tamron 17-50/ Sirui T1204x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12