Thread: Connect iPhone to DSLR

Default Connect iPhone to DSLR

Hey guys,

Did any one tried connecting iPhone directly to DSLR ? Is it achievable through HDMI cable ?

I am not looking wireless solutions, coz am already aware about OnOne Software and Eye-Fi solutions.

Default Re: Connect iPhone to DSLR

What is the point? The screen on the iphone is barely bigger than on the camera. Are you trying to transfer files to your iphone? Using the incredibly SLOW apple interface?

Save yourself the grief, just get extra memory cards.
    Alpha

It's not about that bdy, for example if I place my camera in the floor and you cannot lydown on the streets. That will be but annoying for passers. Instead trying to find a handy solution.
    So if I connect my iPhone directly to DSLR , this would be ease my work during such scenarios.

Hope you got it now :-)
    Check out my blog @500px | @Google+

Quote Originally Posted by StarCaptain
    It's not about that bdy, for example if I place my camera in the floor and you cannot lydown on the streets. That will be but annoying for passers. Instead trying to find a handy solution.
    So if I connect my iPhone directly to DSLR , this would be ease my work during such scenarios.

Wa! New up skirt technique ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by StarCaptain View Post

Why not just get a DSLR with a tilting screen?
    Alpha

or maybe a right angle viewfinder?

Does the camera even give an HDMI signal in shooting mode? Thought this interface is for playback of images and video on bigger screen / tv.
    Another point: any app that transfers only the video signal via HDMI might not show you viewfinder details (e.g. focus point, focus confirmation etc.). The right angle viewfinder extension will show everything. Depending on your subject you can setup the camera, use prefocus and trigger the shutter remotely. No need to check the viewfinder all the time.
    EOS

If not HDMI, may other type of cable.
    Octraine, Currently i do the same by using remote trigger. And these days am using my iPhone for ground level shots like this one.

Anyway, appreciate your time for replying me on this. I would like to close this thread after couple of comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Does the camera even give an HDMI signal in shooting mode? Thought this interface is for playback of images and video on bigger screen / tv.
    Depends on the camera. The Sonys do.
    Alpha

TS,

understand that if there is handys or better way to get the rite angle, of coz need to be explore.
    but i always feel that as a photographer,whenever feel that the rite angle is there.....
    will not spolit or damage the camera, prone or lying down on the ground is the wills of photography.
    johnhunter

I can't find anything on iphone. But for Android phone, they do have an app that allow the phone to control the DSLR using a USB cable (description said Canon camera only though).

https://market.android.com/details?i...ntroller&hl=en

So if you really really want this app... you would have to buy an android phone
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Yes I already know about that, cannot change these things so fast my friend.

All I need to wait for some company to come up with new App
    Check out my blog @500px | @Google+