Thread: Sunset at Singapore River (13/7)

Default Sunset at Singapore River (13/7)

28-105mm @ 28.0mm
    1/60 sec, f/3.5
    Mode: Av
    Metering: Partial
    Exp comp: +1
    ISO: 200
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

919956g
    Guests

Woooo..amazing, i would like to do something as good as this. R u currently a freelance.
    Usin digicam, if not what film u use??

Default Re: Sunset at Singapore River (13/7)

nice nice.. =)
    superimposed in photoshop?

919956g
    Guests

Woooo..amazing, i would like to do something as good as this someday. R u currently a freelance.
    Usin digicam? if not what film u use??

Yah today's sunset at bq very nice....did u see a guy with medium format on a tripod? Saw him when i passed by around 5.30pm...hehee
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Originally posted by 919956g
    Woooo..amazing, i would like to do something as good as this someday. R u currently a freelance.
    Usin digicam? if not what film u use??

you obviously haven't seen mega's macro's yet...

I notice that you are constantly asking about film and equipment used. Why? Photos like this can be taken by any camera...

nice shot did you use a grad filter or tobacco filter for the sky?

wah liao.. so nice...

Originally posted by sbs99
    Yah today's sunset at bq very nice....did u see a guy with medium format on a tripod? Saw him when i passed by around 5.30pm...hehee
    is that andre?

the sky was beautiful yesterday......saw it in pasir ris...but no cam.........

thanks for all the kindly comments ...

I used a HOYA gradual tobacco brown filter to enchance the orange sky

actually the pic is heavy touched up by PS ...

below is another shot min. touched up by PS

Prefer the cropping for the 2nd one. More empty sky gives the picture more balance.

919956g
    Guests

Originally posted by erwinx

I notice that you are constantly asking about film and equipment used. Why? Photos like this can be taken by any camera...

919956g: Is that so...i dont think so, large format will definitely capture much finer results...digital compared with non-digi do have diff also....diff films too have variation in the quality of results.Fuji quicksnap instead of powershot90 will definitely not able to achieve above results rite?.....finally, just wanna ask if u do developing urself?
    Last edited by 919956g; 15th July 2002 at 01:32 AM.

919956g
    Guests

Originally posted by erwinx

919956g:any camera? not really...large format will give finer pix, diff film gives variations in quality of pics. fuji quicksnap instead of ur powershot90 definitely can't achieve the results shown above... finally just wanna know if u do developin urself?

very nice!! gives very warm feelings.

Originally posted by 919956g

919956g:any camera? not really...large format will give finer pix, diff film gives variations in quality of pics. fuji quicksnap instead of ur powershot90 definitely can't achieve the results shown above... finally just wanna know if u do developin urself?
    Any cheap digicam with EV compensation ability can easily take this shot. You can't tell the difference on a 640x480 pic. The success of the shot is due to the photographer's ability in framing the subject and his patience in waiting for the light. Once he works on the perspective distortion he'll be even better.

also, this type of shot, are u sure different film matters that much? how?
    Last edited by erwinx; 15th July 2002 at 09:21 AM.

Nice shot. The gradual ND works!

One question, Mega: You used partial metering... but metered on which part, huh? What's the reason to use partial metering here? thx

919956g
    Guests

i agree with what u say about the patience n perspective needed to achieve the good composition of that photo lah....
    No doubt... really whaaaat, its a good shot .....this one ...no arguements about it...really.
    but by saying that the shot posted in this thread can be taken by "any camera"as what u have written earlier, makes it sound like all efforts should be credited soully to ur ability to compose that pix...meaning u can do the same thing with fuji quicksnap.Honestly speakin i m also tryin to learn new things here lah, ...friend friend lah hah Lastly, different films does have some different effect,richer colour lor.films , i just want to know more lah
    Last edited by 919956g; 17th July 2002 at 10:18 PM.