Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

Quote Originally Posted by Halfgeek View Post
    Got time can wait use small hole
    No time cannot wait use big hole

Sometime got time, also cannot use small hole... remember DOF?
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Sometime got time, also cannot use small hole... remember DOF?
    What DOF means? Smaller can focus more area bigger hole focus lesser areas... Did I get it right?

What DOF means? Smaller can focus more area bigger hole focus lesser areas... Did I get it right?
    Something like that.

DOF - Depth of Field, which mean the distance between the nearest and farthest objects in your picture to remain focused.

Smaller aperture - deeper DOF, which mean more in the scene to be in focus.
    bigger aperture - thinner DOF, which mean less of the scene is in focus.

For landscape shoot, normally we like to have more of the scene sharp, infact we might want everything to be sharp, so we close the aperture as much as possible.

For portrait, it is abit more tricky. Sometime we want the model to be sharp, her face, her body and so on and so for, but we don't want the background to be sharp, so we don't close the aperture too much... however, we need to calculate, so we might not want to open the aperture too large too.

Alot of this are trial an error, and you need to practice alot to know at which distance of yourself to your object in relation to the f-val;ue, shutter speed, ISO value and stuff. Anyway, I am learning too... kind of new to photography too.
    My lousy shots

Hmm very useful informations Rhino thank you! Half geek, let's practice more together. Hahaha
    Cheap lenses are not good AND Good lenses are not cheap!

For landscape shots, i almost always hyperfocus to get the deep DOF.

Quote Originally Posted by tecnica View Post
    For landscape shots, i almost always hyperfocus to get the deep DOF.
    I almost always use the lazy AF middle method
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Something like that.

DOF - Depth of Field, which mean the distance between the nearest and farthest objects in your picture to remain focused.

Smaller aperture - deeper DOF, which mean more in the scene to be in focus.
    bigger aperture - thinner DOF, which mean less of the scene is in focus.

For landscape shoot, normally we like to have more of the scene sharp, infact we might want everything to be sharp, so we close the aperture as much as possible.

For portrait, it is abit more tricky. Sometime we want the model to be sharp, her face, her body and so on and so for, but we don't want the background to be sharp, so we don't close the aperture too much... however, we need to calculate, so we might not want to open the aperture too large too.

Alot of this are trial an error, and you need to practice alot to know at which distance of yourself to your object in relation to the f-val;ue, shutter speed, ISO value and stuff. Anyway, I am learning too... kind of new to photography too.
    Yes I got it! Thank you so much you hv always being a great help for me n I believe others! Ty bro

Quote Originally Posted by Csboi View Post
    Hmm very useful informations Rhino thank you! Half geek, let's practice more together. Hahaha
    Yeah... Let's do it btw caboi you using which camera?

Yeah... Let's do it btw caboi you using which camera?
    Hahaha thought you know about it? Canon 450D
    Cheap lenses are not good AND Good lenses are not cheap!

Hello all, Im interested in learning photography. Was attracted by all the beautiful pictures taken. I went overseas and took pictures using an iphone4 and its when things took a hard turn.
    (house camera spoiled, never owned a personal camera before except for hp camera) Decided to invest in a good camera.

Im looking to get the Sony Nex5n to kick start my learning journey, would it be a good choice? Any advice on where and how to pick up photography skills and knownledge on cameras easily? I understand
    that photography is an art itself and it not only requires knownledge (know-hows) but also the experience, skills and creativity, but where would be a good place i could learn? (From any magazines or something).

Any advice or answers from the gurus here would be greatly appreciated. TIA
    if you can afford it, the nex5n is a fantastic camera to start with. you can start with auto modes as with any compact camera, and you have a long gentle learning curve up to going totally manual, including fitting on vintage manual lenses (e.g. leica).

the nex5n is a first rate camera and has the largest sensor in a very compact body, so you are getting better quality pictures if you can take the size of the body + lenses for a beginner.

even if you don't know what your needs are at the moment, the nex5n with dual kit lens covers everything you will need.

Quote Originally Posted by Csboi View Post
    Hahaha thought you know about it? Canon 450D
    Oh ya I forgotten I asked u before... Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by metalgear View Post
    if you can afford it, the nex5n is a fantastic camera to start with. you can start with auto modes as with any compact camera, and you have a long gentle learning curve up to going totally manual, including fitting on vintage manual lenses (e.g. leica).

the nex5n is a first rate camera and has the largest sensor in a very compact body, so you are getting better quality pictures if you can take the size of the body + lenses for a beginner.

even if you don't know what your needs are at the moment, the nex5n with dual kit lens covers everything you will need.
    Hi. I already got nex5n already. Took a few pictures with it and posted on the previous 2 page. Feel free to give me some pointers. Thank you very much bro

Yes I got it! Thank you so much you hv always being a great help for me n I believe others! Ty bro
    lol. No worries bro. we all learned from each other, like I say, i am still quite new too.

Anyway, if you are free, we can go for a shoot sometime. It had been awhile since I go out for a shoot, and had been shooting my pet dogs at home.... hahaha...
    My lousy shots

lol. No worries bro. we all learned from each other, like I say, i am still quite new too.

Anyway, if you are free, we can go for a shoot sometime. It had been awhile since I go out for a shoot, and had been shooting my pet dogs at home.... hahaha...
    No problem! But I can't during weekdays cos of work... I'm free this Sunday thou

Btw i feel like going for the free Sony camera course. It's a basic fundamental course. 1 session 3 hrs de. Don't go like wasted
    What camera are u using bro?
    Last edited by Halfgeek; 29th November 2011 at 09:35 AM.

No problem! But I can't during weekdays cos of work... I'm free this Sunday thou

Btw i feel like going for the free Sony camera course. It's a basic fund enneagram course. 1 session 3 hrs de. Don't go like wasted
    What camera are u using bro?
    Yeah, I am also working during weekdays... it is just that we are pretty free nowaday, all products are either out in the market already or we are waiting for next year's chinese new year (lol). Anyway, I am using Canon 7D and Olympus E-PL1.
    My lousy shots

I would like to attempt a night shoot today near my place will post pics

Blog Entries

I also want go lei haha,
    Lousy de My Flickr

I learned many! thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    I also want go lei haha,
    lol. Lets look around for what to shoot first... but these few days had been raining alot... haiz...
    My lousy shots

lol. Lets look around for what to shoot first... but these few days had been raining alot... haiz...
    Go out shoot rain lor

Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast