Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

Quote Originally Posted by Halfgeek View Post
    Im more than happy to...! Haha but don't mind me a total noob. Don't talk about iso, focal length and aperture... I now still reading my camera instruction manual lol. Tml I'm meeting one of the bro here for shoot outing. He has a nex5n too hope I can learn from him n the rest
    have fun learning
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    have fun learning
    Agh not meeting him anymore, I'm still outside.... Meeting is at 7.30am. Sighs. Lost an great chance to learn

Agh not meeting him anymore, I'm still outside.... Meeting is at 7.30am. Sighs. Lost an great chance to learn

Hmm have fun playing with your camera. I wish I could join you. But I will be at the shipyard today. Just read the manual and start shooting at home
    Cheap lenses are not good AND Good lenses are not cheap!

Hi all guys! I bought a sony nex5n black with a 26l dry cabinet

Congrate on your purchase..

pls dont spend time with ur new babe unnecessarily.. ur better half might get jealous.. LOL
    ~PeaceNoWar~

Congrats to ur new purchase! happy shooting
    Canon 60D | And Legs as Lens to cover every single focal length i ever needs.

Default Re: Advice for almost zero knownledge on camera/photography dude (me)

haha finally gonna take some photos, practice shots this afternoon

Any feedbacks and pointers?

Shot by kit lens 18-55mm lens

1st red flower pictures is
    Exposure time 1/800 sec
    ISO 100
    Focal length 19mm
    Max aperture 4.3359375

2nd orchid
    Exposure time 1/250
    ISO 100
    Focal length 54mm
    Max aperture 4.96875

3rd guilin view with building
    Exposure time 1/1000
    ISO 200
    Focal length 25mm
    Max aperture 4

Last edited by Halfgeek; 27th November 2011 at 09:13 PM.

haha finally gonna take some photos, practice shots this afternoon

Any feedbacks and pointers?

Hmm nice! Looks great, in fact you are way better than me But there are still a lot more to learn. Which area do you stay? West area I presume? Little Guilin?

Quote Originally Posted by Csboi View Post
    Hmm nice! Looks great, in fact you are way better than me But there are still a lot more to learn. Which area do you stay? West area I presume? Little Guilin?
    Ahh you are too modest! In staying at the west side. 15-20 mins walk away from little Guilin. Orchid took from a HDB block 1st floor apartment, some auntie grow de. Red flowers is below bukit gombak stadium walk way towards Guilin take de
    Last edited by Halfgeek; 27th November 2011 at 08:24 PM.

Ahh you are too modest! In staying at the west side. 15-20 mins walk away from little Guilin. Flowers took from a HDB block 1st floor apartment, some auntie grow de.
    Hmm no. It's true. I don't even dare to upload my photos. I see, I am also from West side. Nice flowers there!

hmm if you are looking for feedbacks and pointer for your photos..do consider posting over on the C C sub forum..

Can learn how to post-process your photos too.

Quote Originally Posted by tecnica View Post
    Hmm I want to learn. Tried out on my own yesterday.. But....... It just turns out to be like *yucks*

TS. Your photo is nice... but the second one seemed abit off focus. You might want to share the exif of all your photos (esp. the second one)... something like, where to do you focus, what is the aperture, shutter speed and stuff like that.

Third photo is good too... but if you can get rid of the flat, it would be better... do it by post processing or next, time try to position yourself somewhere where the building are not there.
    Last edited by rhino123; 27th November 2011 at 08:36 PM.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Hmm no. It's true. I don't even dare to upload my photos. I see, I am also from West side. Nice flowers there!
    I think should be nice de your picture. Maybe your standard of your own picture very high

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post
    hmm if you are looking for feedbacks and pointer for your photos..do consider posting over on the C C sub forum..
    Oh ok... sorry

Quote Originally Posted by tecnica View Post
    LOL die... what is post process??! lol. Hmm need any special software?
    Last edited by Halfgeek; 27th November 2011 at 08:38 PM.

I think should be nice de your picture. Maybe your standard of your own picture very high

Oh ok... sorry

LOL die... what is post process??! lol. Hmm need any special software?
    Post processing is something like editing your photos to enhance the colours, the contrast, the exposures and so on and so forth. Usually people use Photoshop, there are also people using LightRoom.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    TS. Your photo is nice... but the second one seemed abit off focus. You might want to share the exif of all your photos (esp. the second one)... something like, where to do you focus, what is the aperture, shutter speed and stuff like that.
    Third photo is good too... but if you can get rid of the flat, it would be better... do it by post processing or next, time try to position yourself somewhere where the building are not there.
    1st and 2nd was

iso 100
    aperture is about f4.5-5

shutter speed is about 1/500 - 1/600 I cant really remember but i set around like that

for last picture
    about aperture f4
    iso 200
    shutter speed 1/400

All pictures taken without tripod

Its an estimation, i cant really remember actual settings i set. Its there any other way to find out besides remembering?
    I will take note of that

Post processing is something like editing your photos to enhance the colours, the contrast, the exposures and so on and so forth. Usually people use Photoshop, there are also people using LightRoom.
    I see, around how much is a photoshop software?
    Last edited by Halfgeek; 27th November 2011 at 08:45 PM.

Hmm I use a software name IrfanView. Can use to check camera settings

1st and 2nd was

iso 100
    aperture is about f4.5-5

shutter speed is about 1/500 - 1/600 I cant really remember but i set around like that

for last picture
    about aperture f4
    iso 200
    shutter speed 1/400

Its an estimation, i cant really remember actual settings i set. Its there any other way to find out besides remembering?
    I will take note of that

Just right click on your photo, click on properties and click on detail.

Anyway, I think your exposure is correct, but on your second photo, it seemed off focus, thats why the flowers are not sharp. That is why I am wondering where is your focus point. You might want to set your aperture narrower (bigger f-value) so that more was in focus (if all the flower you wanted was to be in focus).

The other thing was try to get rid of the building in your third photo. You can use a free program called the GIMP (search it out in the net). Can use the clone tool (from the tool box) to slowly remove the building.

Irfanview is a good viewing tool, but not a great editing tool for photo. Either use the photoshop or the GIMP.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Just right click on your photo, click on properties and click on detail.

Anyway, I think your exposure is correct, but on your second photo, it seemed off focus, thats why the flowers are not sharp. That is why I am wondering where is your focus point. You might want to set your aperture narrower (bigger f-value) so that more was in focus (if all the flower you wanted was to be in focus).

The other thing was try to get rid of the building in your third photo. You can use a free program called the GIMP (search it out in the net). Can use the clone tool (from the tool box) to slowly remove the building.

Irfanview is a good viewing tool, but not a great editing tool for photo. Either use the photoshop or the GIMP.
    Thank you!

Blog Entries

1st and 2nd was

iso 100
    aperture is about f4.5-5

for last picture
    about aperture f4
    iso 200
    shutter speed 1/400

I will take note of that

pic 1
    Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/800 second ===> 0.00125 second
    Lens F-Number / F-Stop = 9/2 ===> /4.5
    Exposure Program = manual control (1)
    ISO Speed Ratings = 100

pic 2
    Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/250 second ===> 0.004 second
    Lens F-Number / F-Stop = 71/10 ===> /7.1
    Exposure Program = aperture priority (3)
    ISO Speed Ratings = 100

pic 3
    Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/1000 second ===> 0.001 second
    Lens F-Number / F-Stop = 4/1 ===> /4
    Exposure Program = manual control (1)
    ISO Speed Ratings = 200

I am curious, why do you use Manual exposure?

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast