Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

Hahaha carrot cake. Lol walk in, look confident. Seems like you have a lot of knowledge about the cameras you are hunting for. Always catch them, don't let them feed you with wrong information.
    Cheap lenses are not good AND Good lenses are not cheap!

wah i think tomorrow or sunday i will buy... most likely tml... will travel to HN and some places to check things out... anybody here got lobang or not

Quote Originally Posted by Halfgeek View Post
    wah i think tomorrow or sunday i will buy... most likely tml... will travel to HN and some places to check things out... anybody here got lobang or not
    Please note that HN will sell at RRP, not street price.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    Please note that HN will sell at RRP, not street price.
    i saw from some bros say HN selling at cheaper than retail price + many freebies... i'll try my luck to ask at HN first....

Last edited by Halfgeek; 25th November 2011 at 10:12 PM.

i saw from some bros HN selling at cheaper than retail price + many freebies... i'll try my luck to ask at HN first....

No harm asking, but always ask & compare first then commit after you think thru
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

i find Harvey Norman's way of dealing is a bit shady.

they list one price but sell at another. everytime people go tell them "i go this this this shop, the price is like that.." then HN will pull down their prices and match their competitors.

might as well just put up front a cheaper price, why need to go one big round then slash price?

really leave people with little to desire for. i seriously hesitate to buy anything from them, unless i have no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    No harm asking, but always ask & compare first then commit after you think thru
    Yea gonna make a trip to various places tml. Hopefully I can get a good deal

Quote Originally Posted by tecnica View Post
    i find Harvey Norman's way of dealing is a bit shady.

they list one price but sell at another. everytime people go tell them "i go this this this shop, the price is like that.." then HN will pull down their prices and match their competitors.

might as well just put up front a cheaper price, why need to go one big round then slash price?

really leave people with little to desire for. i seriously hesitate to buy anything from them, unless i have no choice.
    But some people really got good deals. They say is depend on the salesperson de. Where do you get your camera from bro?

But some people really got good deals. They say is depend on the salesperson de. Where do you get your camera from bro?
    MS Color.

florence, if you need to know who attended to me.

IMO, if you need to see who serve you at HN, that means they have no consistency in their sales. anyhow can cut price, give freebies. if you suay, kena those beh kan salesperson and you get a lousy deal, how ah?

TK foto, MS Color and the likes still give me a peaceful-er mind.

I still prefer TK, SLRR, MS and Cathay...so far so good. Never dealt with HN, cannot comment on their sales team.

But for MS, go straight to the main branch and look for Florence. Got a couple of times when she is not around, the other sales people will quote me a higher price. *btw, if she's not around, go to the AMK hub branch, normally they quote me lesser than what the sales pple at the main branch give me -.- *

I see. Just now I call Florence she qoute me a ok price. There are 2 shops qoute me better price. But she is very friendly thou. Wasn't free to call her again cos friend's bday at chalet. Tml go home sleep afternoon go see see

I see. Just now I call Florence she qoute me a ok price. There are 2 shops qoute me better price. But she is very friendly thou. Wasn't free to call her again cos friend's bday at chalet. Tml go home sleep afternoon go see see
    e-quote e-quote e-quote, very important.

even if she's not around, you can still get your stuffs with the price stated on the e-quote, that is if she even reply you with the e-quote in the first place. oh well.

For pure newbie, if u ask me, I suggest go get a used proper dslr with kit lens. $600-$700 budget is good.
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

Hi all guys! I bought a sony nex5n black with a 26l dry cabinet

Just to share....

I got my dual lens (black) nex5n for $1299

1x 8gb class4 SDcard
    1x 16gb Sony high speed memory stick
    1x original Sony battery (total I got 2 Sony batt)
    1x steinzeiser 4 section tripod
    1x steinzeiser screen protector
    1x cleaning kit
    1x sony camera bag

Got a discount for a akarui digi analog dry cabinet 26l for $99 instead of $128

Worth it ma?
    Last edited by Halfgeek; 26th November 2011 at 04:31 PM.

Hi all guys! I bought a sony nex5n black with a 26l dry cabinet

Just to share....

I got my dual lens (black) nex5n for $1299

1x 8gb class4 SDcard
    1x 16gb Sony high speed memory stick
    1x original Sony battery (total I got 2 Sony batt)
    1x steinzeiser 4 section tripod
    1x steinzeiser screen protector
    1x cleaning kit
    1x sony camera bag

Got a discount for a akarui digi analog dry cabinet 26l for $99 instead of $128

Worth it ma?
    from where?

Quote Originally Posted by tecnica View Post
    from where?
    Hi techica bro! From HN JP... Ok to be honest I just wanna go see see look look, but end up asking for more and more bargains... Compared all e-quotes from Ms color, CP, Alan P, Orient P and it show. Decided to buy.... Was tired and plus too excited so bought it. Think it's still ok deal right? I hestitated a little to be honest but was done in by my impulsiveness. Is the deal still ok frankly speaking?
    Last edited by Halfgeek; 26th November 2011 at 04:54 PM.

Hi techica bro! From HN JP... Ok to be honest I just wanna go see see look look, but end up asking for more and more bargains... Compared all e-quotes from Ms color, CP, Alan P, Orient P and it show. Decided to buy.... Was tired and plus too excited so bought it. Think it's still ok deal right? I hestitated a little to be honest but was done in by my impulsiveness. Is the deal still ok frankly speaking?
    looks fine except for the tripod and class 4 SD card.

Free tripod and class 4 SD card is free one. Actually their promo is 2x class 4 8gb SD card. So far the tripod quite heavy. Not those very good kind but solid enough. Just use this to practice lo. I so noob give me expensive tripod also useless haha. Tried to change the tripod to other things... But he say cannot.

Since buy already, then don't ask if it was worth it or not... no point. If it was cheaper, then good, if not, there really is nothing you could do

Anyway, NEX-5N is an excellent camera, have fun shooting. Maybe one of these days, we can go and shoot some streets, eh?
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Since buy already, then don't ask if it was worth it or not... no point. If it was cheaper, then good, if not, there really is nothing you could do

Anyway, NEX-5N is an excellent camera, have fun shooting. Maybe one of these days, we can go and shoot some streets, eh?
    Im more than happy to...! Haha but don't mind me a total noob. Don't talk about iso, focal length and aperture... I now still reading my camera instruction manual lol. Tml I'm meeting one of the bro here for shoot outing. He has a nex5n too hope I can learn from him n the rest
    Last edited by Halfgeek; 26th November 2011 at 07:56 PM.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast