Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 535

Thread: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

  1. #61
    Member Csboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pulau Ubin
    Posts
    989

    Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

    Hahah you are still on the same topic. Yes, only once. That time when we went to shoot at Arab street.. I was holding a Nikon D70?
    Cheap lenses are not good AND Good lenses are not cheap!

  2. #62
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

    Quote Originally Posted by Csboi View Post
    Hahah you are still on the same topic. Yes, only once. That time when we went to shoot at Arab street.. I was holding a Nikon D70?
    Oh don't think that's me =) haha.. wrong person!!
    Lousy de My Flickr

  3. #63
    Member Csboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pulau Ubin
    Posts
    989

    Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    Oh don't think that's me =) haha.. wrong person!!
    OH HAHA! I think wrong person too! *shy* HAHA
    Cheap lenses are not good AND Good lenses are not cheap!

  4. #64
    Member Csboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pulau Ubin
    Posts
    989

    Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    Oh don't think that's me =) haha.. wrong person!!
    HAHA but one think I am sure of is that I got your number in my contacts list
    Cheap lenses are not good AND Good lenses are not cheap!

  5. #65
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

    Quote Originally Posted by Csboi View Post
    HAHA but one think I am sure of is that I got your number in my contacts list
    I think slowly, this thread is turning into another "any chance of finding a photography buddy" thread.. (the one that eventually lead to the "shoot out" at Arab street)
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  6. #66

    Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

    Quote Originally Posted by Csboi View Post
    Hahahain that case faster get one. Hehehe then can go shoot shoot everywhere. Hmm currently using canon 450D. Haha
    Nice cam! Yea i know im working on it! im dying to get one asap too

  7. #67
    Member Csboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pulau Ubin
    Posts
    989

    Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    I think slowly, this thread is turning into another "any chance of finding a photography buddy" thread.. (the one that eventually lead to the "shoot out" at Arab street)
    Wah don't say until like that leh.. Okay get back to topic
    Cheap lenses are not good AND Good lenses are not cheap!

  8. #68
    Member Csboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pulau Ubin
    Posts
    989

    Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfgeek View Post
    Nice cam! Yea i know im working on it! im dying to get one asap too
    Haha don't think too much about it, otherwise you won't be able to sleep at night.
    Cheap lenses are not good AND Good lenses are not cheap!

  9. #69
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfgeek View Post
    Nice cam! Yea i know im working on it! im dying to get one asap too
    Don't rush into getting one for the sake of having one. ALWAYS review and do your homework before going to the shops. Find the one that you like MOST then ignore the rest of the options/alternatives. Cos the comparison of camera is a never ending story and no camera/lens is perfect.

    Once you identify your most liked camera, call/email for quotes. It's important to do so, even thou many shops are recommended. Cos some of them will still chop carrots if you walk in like one.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  10. #70
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

    Quote Originally Posted by Csboi View Post
    Haha don't think too much about it, otherwise you won't be able to sleep at night.
    This part is very true (at least to me). But it's still a fact that it will "haunt" you in your dreams or maybe when you are working.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  11. #71
    Member Csboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pulau Ubin
    Posts
    989

    Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    This part is very true (at least to me). But it's still a fact that it will "haunt" you in your dreams or maybe when you are working.
    Haha worst than watching a horror show..
    Cheap lenses are not good AND Good lenses are not cheap!

  12. #72

    Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    Don't rush into getting one for the sake of having one. ALWAYS review and do your homework before going to the shops. Find the one that you like MOST then ignore the rest of the options/alternatives. Cos the comparison of camera is a never ending story and no camera/lens is perfect.

    Once you identify your most liked camera, call/email for quotes. It's important to do so, even thou many shops are recommended. Cos some of them will still chop carrots if you walk in like one.
    I narrowed down my choice to nex5n, nx200 and pen e-pl3.As for nx200 can't really find detail comparison review, guess cos it's still very new any comments on this cam? Also have the same sensor size as dslr n nex5n.... Can't wait to try them out together. Will get somebody to accompany to shop I guess.
    Last edited by Halfgeek; 24th November 2011 at 10:34 PM.

  13. #73

    Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

    Quote Originally Posted by Csboi View Post
    Haha don't think too much about it, otherwise you won't be able to sleep at night.
    Already can't sleep liao

  14. #74
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfgeek View Post
    I narrowed down my choice to nex5n, nx200 and pen e-pl3.As for nx200 can't really find detail comparison review, guess cos it's still very new any comments on this cam? Also have the same sensor size as dslr n nex5n.... Can't wait to try them out together. Will get somebody to accompany to shop I guess.
    if you have shortlisted these, then the last step is to go with your heart, feelings, etc.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  15. #75

    Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

    for image quality, go for the NEX-5N. for fast AF, the E-PL3.

    as for samsung... i don't like designs that are obvious rip-offs of other manufacturers.

  16. #76

    Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    for image quality, go for the NEX-5N. for fast AF, the E-PL3.

    as for samsung... i don't like designs that are obvious rip-offs of other manufacturers.
    Hi may i ask Fast AF is good for what scenarios?

  17. #77

    Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    if you have shortlisted these, then the last step is to go with your heart, feelings, etc.
    Ok noted. A bit kan cheong cos my first camera lol

  18. #78
    Member Csboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pulau Ubin
    Posts
    989

    Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfgeek View Post
    Ok noted. A bit kan cheong cos my first camera lol
    Hahaha since it's your first, then make it your best!
    Cheap lenses are not good AND Good lenses are not cheap!

  19. #79
    Member Csboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pulau Ubin
    Posts
    989

    Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfgeek View Post
    Hi may i ask Fast AF is good for what scenarios?
    Haha would you want to buy a camera that will take it's own sweet time to focus? Hahaha fast AF is very useful in mostly all scenarios actually.
    Cheap lenses are not good AND Good lenses are not cheap!

  20. #80
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfgeek View Post
    Ok noted. A bit kan cheong cos my first camera lol
    don't look too kan cheong when you walk into the shop, cos that may make you the salesman's breakfast/lunch/dinner (carrot cake)

    Quote Originally Posted by Csboi View Post
    Hahaha since it's your first, then make it your best!
    don't give him too much pressure lar

    Quote Originally Posted by Csboi View Post
    Haha would you want to buy a camera that will take it's own sweet time to focus? Hahaha fast AF is very useful in mostly all scenarios actually.
    Depends on your subject, for me, my landscape don't run, slowly AF also no issue
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •