Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21722252627

Thread: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

I like the #2 and the last one
    Cheap lenses are not good AND Good lenses are not cheap!

My newbie shot yesterday

Default Re: Advice for almost zero knownledge on camera/photography dude (me)

Quote Originally Posted by Csboi View Post
    Hello there! Wah go shooting never ask me.

Happy Boxing Day!
    Haha ytd Xmas I guess everybody will b busy ma... Sian I think I made the wrong decision to leave my UV filter on for the shoot ytd... But anyway... Happy boxing day bro!

My newbie shot yesterday
    Ahh! You were there too?! And wow the flower building purple glow is nice, when I got there it's white. Lol. Btw I got my new tripod. Sirui r1004 with G10 ball head. 129 only. Like the tripod a lot. Very tall too

Default Re: Advice for almost zero knownledge on camera/photography dude (me)

Quote Originally Posted by Halfgeek View Post
    Haha ytd Xmas I guess everybody will b busy ma... Sian I think I made the wrong decision to leave my UV filter on for the shoot ytd... But anyway... Happy boxing day bro!
    HAHA I don't celebrate Christmas. So I went shooting at night.

Ahh! You were there too?! And wow the flower building purple glow is nice, when I got there it's white. Lol. Btw I got my new tripod. Sirui r1004 with G10 ball head. 129 only. Like the tripod a lot. Very tall too
    HAHA I camped there for it to turn purple. Only spend some time there. Maybe I was lucky. Glad that you like that tripod! Let's go shooting sometime soon! Maybe New year fireworks?

HAHA I camped there for it to turn purple. Only spend some time there. Maybe I was lucky. Glad that you like that tripod! Let's go shooting sometime soon! Maybe New year fireworks?
    Wah! New year fireworks!! Fireworks they say very hard to take. Need a lot of skill... But I dun mind. Must go early chop good spot sure a lot of photography go also de.

Ya I like my tripod a lot

Wah! New year fireworks!! Fireworks they say very hard to take. Need a lot of skill... But I dun mind. Must go early chop good spot sure a lot of photography go also de.

Ya I like my tripod a lot
    Hahah read up on what to prepare, I believe there are several articles specifying how to take fireworks. Yeah confirm a lot of people. National Day also. Haha

#2 is pretty good for no PP done. the rest seems abit soft to me ya?

Hello there! Wah go shooting never ask me.

Happy Boxing Day!
    Hahah read up on what to prepare, I believe there are several articles specifying how to take fireworks. Yeah confirm a lot of people. National Day also. Haha
    Haha ya. Will read up on the tips to take firework pictures. If there's any form of equipment limitations I guess I can't do anything much because of a self imposed rule on spending and other plans I hv... Will make full use of my existing equipments

Quote Originally Posted by HighTone View Post
    #2 is pretty good for no PP done. the rest seems abit soft to me ya?
    Ya to me it appears a lil too soft n a lil pale. Because I never take out my uv filter before shooting those. Damn.... Haha.

#2 using lesser exposure but even for "dreamy water fall" effect. The rest are long exposure. I think that if I use longer exposure on #2 the details of merlion would be whited out n overexposed. I Kinda like the #2 too
    Last edited by Halfgeek; 27th December 2011 at 12:24 PM.

Ya to me it appears a lil too soft n a lil pale. Because I never take out my uv filter before shooting those. Damn.... Haha.

#2 using lesser exposure but even for "dreamy water fall" effect. The rest are long exposure. I think that if I use longer exposure on #2 the details of merlion would be whited out n overexposed. I Kinda like the #2 too
    Well... that is where ND filter came into play.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Well... that is where ND filter came into play.
    Its nite shot, so dun think you need ND filter.

Quote Originally Posted by HighTone View Post
    Its nite shot, so dun think you need ND filter.
    Nope. Even night shots might need ND filter. If your subject is very bright and thus you can't lower your shutter speed anymore before it became over expose, you might need ND filter.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by Halfgeek

kit lens 18-55mm
    botanical garden
    Hi can u post ur shooting setting

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21722252627