Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15202324252627 LastLast

Thread: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

1 question you gotta ask yrself is if yr lens got problem then how? Buy another ticket to hk?

Actually I'd rather get from artwork, slightly more but if got problem they will help send it back for u. Their own shop warranty.

Of cos got $$$ go for local still better

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes

Maybe you could try the nikon D3100? it's one of the lightest entry level bodies and the standard kit lens it comes with is excellent for it's price. i read that it has also a number of semi pro features.
    He already got himself a nex 5
    Lousy de My Flickr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HighTone
    1 question you gotta ask yrself is if yr lens got problem then how? Buy another ticket to hk?

Actually I'd rather get from artwork, slightly more but if got problem they will help send it back for u. Their own shop warranty.

Of cos got $$$ go for local still better
    Hmm quite true also, and the different is not really alot also
    Lousy de My Flickr

Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

Wah.. Got silver for napfa. 8 seconds to gold. Shall retake next month! Hahaha thinking of getting 70-200mm f4 to cover my focal length..
    Cheap lenses are not good AND Good lenses are not cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Csboi
    Wah.. Got silver for napfa. 8 seconds to gold. Shall retake next month! Hahaha thinking of getting 70-200mm f4 to cover my focal length..
    Wow, congrats to u. That's great..

Quote Originally Posted by HighTone View Post
    Wow, congrats to u. That's great..
    Thanks. Hahaha must learn to run marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    Hmm quite true also, and the different is not really alot also
    Yeah... actually I think it would be good to get from Singapore too. Anyway, I don't think the local set that much more expensive... plus you got 3 years warranty! I think it is a pretty good deal.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Yeah... actually I think it would be good to get from Singapore too. Anyway, I don't think the local set that much more expensive... plus you got 3 years warranty! I think it is a pretty good deal.
    My thought would be.. if those big expensive items like lenses, Camera body...etc, get from Singapore. if small items like shutter release, filter, gorrilapod...etc, can get from hongkong. haha..

Quote Originally Posted by HighTone View Post
    My thought would be.. if those big expensive items like lenses, Camera body...etc, get from Singapore. if small items like shutter release, filter, gorrilapod...etc, can get from hongkong. haha..
    Yeah. agree with that too... But for shutter release and stuff like that, I normally get from ebay from some cheap china no brand stuff... so far quite okay...
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123

Haha, ok! Think most likey will get in Singapore also for the peace of mind haha
    Lousy de My Flickr

How's TS been shooting so far?

Default Re: Advice for almost zero knownledge on camera/photography dude (me)

Now on the bus on my way back home from
    A shoot at botanical garden. Very tiring. First time shoot in raw format n highest iso I went was 3200. Highest I ever go. Will post some pictures when I get home bought a normal uv protection lens for dust/water protection...

After this shoot I realised I need a ND filter... Sky too bright over exposed in contrast to the ground.
    Last edited by Halfgeek; 10th December 2011 at 07:48 PM.

kit lens 18-55mm
    botanical garden

wanna post the settings you shot them on? obviously a slow shutter speed, perhaps wide open with a low iso.

i do feel that the flowers are a little overexposed? comments?
    Canon 600D / EF 70-200 f2.8 L USM / EF 50 f1.8 II

Quote Originally Posted by Valkarian View Post
    wanna post the settings you shot them on? obviously a slow shutter speed, perhaps wide open with a low iso.

i do feel that the flowers are a little overexposed? comments?
    Hi will post the settings tml. Going to sleep now. Tml got work early. (using hp now). Waterfall using slow shutter rest quite normal shutter speed, estimate around 1:1 shutter:focal length. All manual focus. Waterfall tripod, rest handheld.

I think you set your ISO to a bit too high. Hahaha can see some of your photos are overexposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Csboi View Post
    I think you set your ISO to a bit too high. Hahaha can see some of your photos are overexposed.
    Wah really ar? Which one on my monitor colour tone is sharp. I thought overexposed is very white and bright? Hmm... Correct me plz

Quote Originally Posted by Halfgeek
    Now on the bus on my way back home from
    A shoot at botanical garden. Very tiring. First time shoot in raw format n highest iso I went was 3200. Highest I ever go. Will post some pictures when I get home bought a normal uv protection lens for dust/water protection...

After this shoot I realised I need a ND filter... Sky too bright over exposed in contrast to the ground.
    Any reason why you wanna set at 3200? I find iso beyond 1600 will be unusable unless you are shooting fast speed like F1.

My opinion is, iso too high, flowers too over blown till can't see much details. You are shooting still subjects, just set at 200-400 will do for my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfgeek View Post
    Wah really ar? Which one on my monitor colour tone is sharp. I thought overexposed is very white and bright? Hmm... Correct me plz
    Look it through the camera better. Haha like the last water fall, what's the ISO used for it? Perhaps can be lower? High tone is correct, no need beyond 1600 actually. My camera only up to 1600 maximum

Same qst as like asked by HighTone...Was there a reason why you chose ISO3200? The last time I used 3200 at botanic gardens was cos it was a thunderstorm and there weren't enough light for the shutter speed I wanted to use.

And for the ND filter, think again, ND filters helps to reduce the light coming in by a couple of stops. But before getting the filter, aren't you forgetting something? If there is too much light, there are always options like lowering ISO, Stopping down the aperture (instead of wide open f5.6, choose f16 or something like that) or increase the shutter speed.

Any of these can help to reduce the light. Unless these limits have been hit (ISO100, Shutter Speed 1/4000, Aperture f16) and you are still overexposed, then consider adding NDs

But if you are talking about GND, that's a different story..
    Last edited by SkyStrike; 11th December 2011 at 10:33 AM.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]