Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

Quote Originally Posted by Halfgeek

Poison is poison... But I know myself and where my skills is. My skills havnt max the capability of my kit lens yet if buy better lens surely a waste of money. Tripod is the first thing I looking forward. Will stick with my kit lens for quite some time

This Saturday I'm going to botanic garden to get some practice. hoping to take pictures of flowers and some landscape will be using more of my 16mmf2.8 kit lens.
    Haha tripod can also be very poisonous. I have changed 3 tripods up till now

Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

Quote Originally Posted by Halfgeek View Post
    Poison is poison... But I know myself and where my skills is. My skills havnt max the capability of my kit lens yet if buy better lens surely a waste of money. Tripod is the first thing I looking forward. Will stick with my kit lens for quite some time

This Saturday I'm going to botanic garden to get some practice. hoping to take pictures of flowers and some landscape will be using more of my 16mmf2.8 kit lens.
    Ya... get a good tripod first. Since your setup is really not that heavy, and I doubt it will be too heavy in the future too... you can get a reasonbly priced one. Sirui make really good tripod. Can check into that.

I have the R-2004 (not sure of the price anymore because I got it quite some time ago, but I don't think it is very expensive). Can read up the review that I have done quite a while back,

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/newbi...ml#post7125084
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Ya... get a good tripod first. Since your setup is really not that heavy, and I doubt it will be too heavy in the future too... you can get a reasonbly priced one. Sirui make really good tripod. Can check into that.

I have the R-2004 (not sure of the price anymore because I got it quite some time ago, but I don't think it is very expensive). Can read up the review that I have done quite a while back,

how much you bought it for last time??
    Lousy de My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    how much you bought it for last time??
    Forget loh... I, old man already, have very bad memory...
    My lousy shots

Blog Entries

Forget loh... I, old man already, have very bad memory...

haha where got old, I'm old man also lei =).

Think I better stick with my free WF6662A HAHA, so far so good =p
    Lousy de My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by spree86

To me tripod I won't upgrade, get 1 reasonably good tripod and stick with it. Ha

I see, ya a lot of people using this brand now. Heard its very good for it's price. Btw I wonder how you guys know which tripod good and stuff there are so many models n brands around. Search for reviews for tripod is a lil daunting...

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Wah why change so many? Btw monopod and tripod... Which one is better or is it both have their specific purpose/shoots

Buy 1x good good one can dun think le

I see, ya a lot of people using this brand now. Heard its very good for it's price. Btw I wonder how you guys know which tripod good and stuff there are so many models n brands around. Search for reviews for tripod is a lil daunting...

Wah why change so many? Btw monopod and tripod... Which one is better or is it both have their specific purpose/shoots

Always not satisfied, either it's the weight or the height. Now I found the perfect one.

I have both a monopod and a tripod, for very different uses

Well the usual brands that most people go to was,

1) Gitzo (The most expensive in the range, but very very good) - can get from almost anywhere that sell tripods.
    2) Manfrotto (Can get almost anywhere that sell tripods)
    3) Sirui (Can get from TKfoto)
    4) Benro (can get from Benphoto)
    5) Fotopro (can get from artworkfoto)

Anyway, all the mentioned tripod brands are excellent, and since your setup is not that heavy (not like some of ours set up), there is no need to get one that can withstand too heavy a maximum load.

As for monopod, it is a very useful tool too. Think of it this way, monopod is the third leg, while both your legs are the first 2 legs of a tripod

Anyway, monopod can be deployed very quickly and give you alot of flexibility as compared to your tripod. It however cannot provide as much stability as your tripod.

Btw... I have 2 tripods and 1 monopod... sometime I bring out all the three of them for my shooting needs...
    Last edited by rhino123; 8th December 2011 at 01:27 PM.
    My lousy shots

Well the usual brands that most people go to was,

1) Gitzo (The most expensive in the range, but very very good) - can get from almost anywhere that sell tripods.
    2) Manfrotto (Can get almost anywhere that sell tripods)
    3) Sirui (Can get from TKfoto)
    4) Benro (can get from Benphoto)
    5) Fotopro (can get from artworkfoto)

Anyway, all the mentioned tripod brands are excellent, and since your setup is not that heavy (not like some of ours set up), there is no need to get one that can withstand too heavy a maximum load.

As for monopod, it is a very useful tool too. Think of it this way, monopod is the third leg, while both your legs are the first 2 legs of a tripod

Anyway, monopod can be deployed very quickly and give you alot of flexibility as compared to your tripod. It however cannot provide as much stability as your tripod.

Btw... I have 2 tripods and 1 monopod... sometime I bring out all the three of them for my shooting needs...
    All 3?! Wow. I can imagine you out for a shoot with all your gears you'll look more like a trooper.... Thanks for the information. And yea that branded tripod you mention at the top of the list is like 800-1k++. Wow that's for seriously ethu photographers or rich ppl. With 1k I would rather get a lens. Yea my set up would be lighter because of the body. Just want a solid tripod which doesn't move easy when there's moderate level of wind.

Always not satisfied, either it's the weight or the height. Now I found the perfect one.

I have both a monopod and a tripod, for very different uses
    I see... For me I looking for a max height of not below 1.5m. I hv a short tripod and I find it abit of a constraint... As for weight wise since my camera alrdy so light, it's ok if it's not the lightest variant as long as its not the heaviest type.

All 3?! Wow. I can imagine you out for a shoot with all your gears you'll look more like a trooper.... Thanks for the information. And yea that branded tripod you mention at the top of the list is like 800-1k++. Wow that's for seriously ethu photographers or rich ppl. With 1k I would rather get a lens. Yea my set up would be lighter because of the body. Just want a solid tripod which doesn't move easy when there's moderate level of wind.

I see... For me I looking for a max height of not below 1.5m. I hv a short tripod and I find it abit of a constraint... As for weight wise since my camera alrdy so light, it's ok if it's not the lightest variant as long as its not the heaviest type.
    Yeah... some of my friends called me crazy... I don't have a car, so have to take public transport, and with all my lenses and tripods... I am like a crowd... hahahaha... but nowadays I don't do that anymore. I am doing more street shoots and so I only bring my camera and a 70-200mm f4L lens and thats it.

For a starter, I think you can look into fotopro (Fotopro Tripod).

Fotopro are cheaper than even the Sirui and are very good in quality.
    My lousy shots

Haha that's what I was looking for last time. Tall and not too heavy, so finally I settle for the Gitzo Explorer GT2531EX. Final upgrade and happy with it

I think I shouldn't complain about my tripod. As a newbie I think I just hv to make do with my "trijelly". If I can master decent shots with it a better tripod would make my shoot easier. Besides this month quite budget. Will get next month near Xmas. Budget I think not more than 250. I very noob about tripod don't know what brand, what ball head thing

This location is at bukit batok, near MRT and west mall. There's a tall condo and beside the condo there's a tall 30 storey building. Took picture from the stairways. And ya! It abit tilted
    You staying there?

Haha that's what I was looking for last time. Tall and not too heavy, so finally I settle for the Gitzo Explorer GT2531EX. Final upgrade and happy with it
    I'm happy with my Sirui T1004X (knockoff Gitzo Explorer). Absolutely no complains for it's price against Gitzos.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    I'm happy with my Sirui T1004X (knockoff Gitzo Explorer). Absolutely no complains for it's price against Gitzos.
    Bro, Mind telling me the price? and you use it with what ballhead?
    Lousy de My Flickr

Yeah... some of my friends called me crazy... I don't have a car, so have to take public transport, and with all my lenses and tripods... I am like a crowd... hahahaha... but nowadays I don't do that anymore. I am doing more street shoots and so I only bring my camera and a 70-200mm f4L lens and thats it.

For a starter, I think you can look into fotopro (Fotopro Tripod).

Fotopro are cheaper than even the Sirui and are very good in quality.
    Fotopro tripod like a lil short. I still like sirui design and colour more I tried street photography and didn't like it. Liked landscape and still abstract kinds, interested in macro photography too but hvnt try yet. That one is another level in difficulty.

Gitzo is way over my budget le. My budget max would be not above 300 (including the ball head). T2004 looks nice.just 20mm short of 1.5m when fully extended.
    Last edited by Halfgeek; 8th December 2011 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonteoch View Post
    You staying there?
    Ya I staying around that area

Fotopro tripod like a lil short. I still like sirui design and colour more I tried street photography and didn't like it. Liked landscape and still abstract kinds, interested in macro photography too but hvnt try yet. That one is another level in difficulty.

Gitzo is way over my budget le. My budget max would be not above 300 (including the ball head). T2004 looks nice.just 4cm short of 1.5m when fully extended.
    Er... bro... Sirui when extended fully (with the middle column pulled up) is 1610mm... and that is, you have not calculate the ballhead's head. I find it a really good height... but I am hoping to have something that can go pass the 1700mm range...

For macro photography, we have alot of seniors here that are experts (Spree being one of them.)
    My lousy shots

Blog Entries

Actually I've been wanting to get a macro lens also -.-! but now I'm choosing between UWA or a Macro lens -.-

sian ah! how I wish I can get both..

But since I'm going hk soon will get either 1 of them =)
    Lousy de My Flickr

Er... bro... Sirui when extended fully (with the middle column pulled up) is 1610mm... and that is, you have not calculate the ballhead's head. I find it a really good height... but I am hoping to have something that can go pass the 1700mm range...

For macro photography, we have alot of seniors here that are experts (Spree being one of them.)
    Oh my bad, guess I read the chart wrongly. That's nice. Ya I like tall tripods. Got a lot of options. Can shoot above barriers

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425 ... LastLast