Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1116192021222326 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

Quote Originally Posted by tecnica

yes, perspective distortion if you will.

the usual landscapes then:
    Is it the lens or the processing? The CA fringing looks quite bad

Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Is it the lens or the processing? The CA fringing looks quite bad

fringing along where? i pixel peeped but couldn't really see any.

Quote Originally Posted by tecnica View Post
    yes, perspective distortion if you will.

the usual landscapes then:

That is a nice photo... but somehow it still don't work for me... guess I am not a wide angle person... I can save some money then... hahahaha...

As to Spree's photo... don't know why, can't seemed to load on my system... these few days my home network seemed abit cockup, many of flickr photos cannot show, and I cannot download some of the files on the net too. Bloody hell, gonna complain to Starhub soon.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

fringing along where? i pixel peeped but couldn't really see any.
    Actually... I think there is... right alone the edges of the buildings and trees...
    My lousy shots

actually there is one thing which i really like to do with the 10-22:

panning:

cause' i feel i can include some of the background rather then just totally blur them out.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Actually... I think there is... right alone the edges of the buildings and trees...
    i check the RAW files, nothing there.

think i pushed the post processing too hard.

panning:

cause' i feel i can include some of the background rather then just totally blur them out.
    Hmm... that was interesting... Pretty nice shot there. But my anti-virus is still holding. Hahahaha...

Anyway, I think the 10-22mm is a really nice lens... I cannot afford them at the moment, and I don't use much of wide angle too. So yeah... maybe other might be more poisoned. Hahahaha.
    My lousy shots

panning:

I guess I'm starting to sound like an as*hole, sorry about that but I feel there should be ample blurring for the background for panning. For picture like this, the background distracts the viewer from the intended subject

That is a nice photo... but somehow it still don't work for me... guess I am not a wide angle person... I can save some money then... hahahaha...

As to Spree's photo... don't know why, can't seemed to load on my system... these few days my home network seemed abit cockup, many of flickr photos cannot show, and I cannot download some of the files on the net too. Bloody hell, gonna complain to Starhub soon.
    Here's the link, nothing impressive really, I suck at landscapes

All sizes | DSC_1295 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Hmm... that was interesting... Pretty nice shot there. But my anti-virus is still holding. Hahahaha...

Anyway, I think the 10-22mm is a really nice lens... I cannot afford them at the moment, and I don't use much of wide angle too. So yeah... maybe other might be more poisoned. Hahahaha.
    i'm actually working towards my goal that whenever i travel abroad, i'll make sure i find the vehicle that is unique to the country and do a few panning shots.

I guess I'm starting to sound like an as*hole, sorry about that but I feel there should be ample blurring for the background for panning. For picture like this, the background distracts the viewer from the intended subject
    to me, ample blurring only applies when i pan racing vehicles.

we each have differing views, i don't mind alternate comments, so no issue here.

10-22 @ 10mm.

don't mind the moving human subjects, haha.
    Wow, this is beautiful

Well... at present moment, the widest I go was 28mm... I am not a landscape person, so yeah... cannot share any pics at the moment, flickr don't load at all when I am at home. I will sneak a peek and maybe upload one or two of my photos (to poison someone here) when I have the time. hahahahaha.
    My lousy shots

panning:

Can't really see much panning done

i got problem with the flickr photos these two days also.... and mine also starhub .....i think starhub cockup ...
    Last edited by cws77; 7th December 2011 at 11:02 PM. Reason: automatic censored a word which became ****

Quote Originally Posted by HighTone View Post
    Can't really see much panning done
    hmm, maybe next time i'll try a slower shutter speed.

thanks.

Let's see if my shot (10-22) can pierce some Anti Virus program

Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    Let's see if my shot (10-22) can pierce some Anti Virus program

Haha maybe not, this shot is not specific to 10-22, kit lens at 18mm just squat lower also can take this shot

Haha maybe not, this shot is not specific to 10-22, kit lens at 18mm just squat lower also can take this shot
    lol...trust me, I've tried using the 18 on this one....only see the corners of the houses

Anyway, spending lesser time with my 10-22 and more time on my 17-50 indoors and 55-250 during closeups...
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    lol...trust me, I've tried using the 18 on this one....only see the corners of the houses

Anyway, spending lesser time with my 10-22 and more time on my 17-50 indoors and 55-250 during closeups...
    Must find taller buildings haha. Anyway, I'm going taiwan tmr, will mainly use the 11-16

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1116192021222326 ... LastLast