Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 914171819202124 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

Quote Originally Posted by HighTone View Post
    After last Saturday I didn't login to CS and today I see so many post already. Great
    Hahaha a lot to catch up.
    Cheap lenses are not good AND Good lenses are not cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike

yes..it can be very poisonous. My friend (landscape type) who have yet to get a DSLR, I showed him my 10-22, he started "drooling"
    For landscape, 1st get poison by UWA, next, prepare for ND filter and GND filter. Haha. I'm having a Tokina 11-16mm f2.8, and I've managed to poison quite a no of my colleagues since. Ha

Quote Originally Posted by Csboi

Hahaha I will try my best. Lol last time 1 min 30 seconds a lap. Now don't know how slow already.
    All the best to your Test. Hehe

For landscape, 1st get poison by UWA, next, prepare for ND filter and GND filter. Haha. I'm having a Tokina 11-16mm f2.8, and I've managed to poison quite a no of my colleagues since. Ha
    Hahaha really? Share some photos taken, poison me

All the best to your Test. Hehe
    Hahah thanks. Hopefully it will turn out to be good.

I just found out what I like and dislike in photography. I don't really like street or candid photography. I like landscape, night shoots and still abstract life (flowers etc) photography. Would like to try the bird park and zoo someday. For now I just wanna get a stable and reliable tripod first, I still not knowledgable in lens, will stick with my 18-55mm for a long time for now

Quote Originally Posted by Halfgeek View Post
    I just found out what I like and dislike in photography. I don't really like street or candid photography. I like landscape, night shoots and still abstract life (flowers etc) photography. Would like to try the bird park and zoo someday. For now I just wanna get a stable and reliable tripod first, I still not knowledgable in lens, will stick with my 18-55mm for a long time for now
    Hmm then you will realize your focal length is not enough when you are at the zoo. Hahaha can't zoom in to the rhino's head or horn. I mean the real rhino. I don't have a tripod until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Csboi View Post
    Hmm then you will realize your focal length is not enough when you are at the zoo. Hahaha can't zoom in to the rhino's head or horn. I mean the real rhino. I don't have a tripod until now.
    I need a tripod for landscape and esply night shots. About lens, I really don't know what I need. Those numbers in focal length and aperture... I know what's its for but I don't know which will suit me or help me. Guess it means I hv to stick to my 18-55 until one day........

I need a tripod for landscape and esply night shots. About lens, I really don't know what I need. Those numbers in focal length and aperture... I know what's its for but I don't know which will suit me or help me. Guess it means I hv to stick to my 18-55 until one day........
    Yes one day you will know what you need.

Yes one day you will know what you need.
    Haha it's not a bad thing to stick to my kit lens, with my skills now even of I but good lens results would be almost the same. No use getting a good aid but you don't know how to use that aid to help myself to achieve ace train result. Need to hone my know-how's first

Btw good luck for your nafa test!

Yoz bro, no need to teach lah. Just need to be discipline run weekly at least 2 times, increase yr mileage till u hit abt 42k per week, then abt 1 month before the race, start to taper down. And then get ready for actual day. Having said that, I still struggle. Haha
    Bro. How long did you take to complete the run? I was there till 0940hrs (up since 0430hrs and was at around the finishing line by 0600hrs)... Great weather on Sunday morning, yah?
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Hahaha really? Share some photos taken, poison me
    K, dun say I never warn you.... can get intoxicated...haha...sharing some pictures which I had shot before.

to Achieve shots like waterfall, streams...etc, ND filter which I had a ND110.

To achieve pics like sky and land blends... a GND is needed

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Bro. How long did you take to complete the run? I was there till 0940hrs (up since 0430hrs and was at around the finishing line by 0600hrs)... Great weather on Sunday morning, yah?
    This year, I took Ekiden, relay, last year took me 7hrs to do full..haha

That was exactly what I got after my UWA....the NDs and GNDs, but sadly, haven't been playing with those especially when the weather isn't exactly cooperative recently.

For flowers, you will find that 18-55 is not enough. (bbb)

but you can consider an inexpensive add-on (ONLY WHEN YOU NEED TO) EF-S 55-250. Check out my noob shots of flowers at here. Mainly using 55-250. Only a couple of them shot using my 18-55 with Raynox 250.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post

but you can consider an inexpensive add-on (ONLY WHEN YOU NEED TO) EF-S 55-250. Check out my noob shots of flowers at here. Mainly using 55-250. Only a couple of them shot using my 18-55 with Raynox 250.
    Nice pictures! Btw why do u say 18-55mm not enough for flowers? Usually I really go close up to flowers to take picture for landscape it's usually fixed focal lens with wide angle right?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post

Actually 18-55mm is good enough for flowers. No need any other lens. or add on... unless you intent to do macro... Even when you do macro... you do not need the Raynox, because I believe Halfgeek had two lens... one is a prime (cannot remember what focal lenght is that though). Just do a reverse lens method by stacking one lens above the other... or simply reverse the 18-55mm lens to his camera and shoot from there on.

An adapter can easily be bought for a pretty low price... or you can even DIY your own adapter.
    Last edited by rhino123; 7th December 2011 at 01:29 PM.
    My lousy shots

Nice pictures! Btw why do u say 18-55mm not enough for flowers? Usually I really go close up to flowers to take picture for landscape it's usually fixed focal lens with wide angle right?
    If you want to take macro shots, you might need some modification to your current setup though... read up reverse lens techniques... it is a pretty nifty techniques to use. The only problem is, you might lose your AF capability and so had to use manual focusing to get that shot.
    My lousy shots

K, dun say I never warn you.... can get intoxicated...haha...sharing some pictures which I had shot before.

to Achieve shots like waterfall, streams...etc, ND filter which I had a ND110.

To achieve pics like sky and land blends... a GND is needed

Hahahaha... I have already been poisoned long time ago... but cannot bring myself to fish out that S$940 for the Tokina 11-16mm... I am now saving up for the cheaper alternative - Tokina 12-24mm... hahahaha....
    My lousy shots

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123

Hahahaha... I have already been poisoned long time ago... but cannot bring myself to fish out that S$940 for the Tokina 11-16mm... I am now saving up for the cheaper alternative - Tokina 12-24mm... hahahaha....
    Haha same here, my cfo won't allow also. So got no choice, but might be getting sigma 10-20 at hk haha
    Lousy de My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    How much cheapers is that?

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 914171819202124 ... LastLast