Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

How I wish I could join you guys for shooting. Hahaha
    Cheap lenses are not good AND Good lenses are not cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by HighTone View Post
    I ran a 42k last year, last year was full blast for me, did a full Marathon and a full Triathlon, this year more relax, only did a vertical marathon 2 weeks ago, and going to run Ekiden this time round, 2nd leg which is the shortest. Hehe
    Wah bro, must teach me how to run marathon leh..

3rd night shoot attempt, same spot as the 2nd night shoot

learning the bokeh

just sharing

Nice. from the Little India photoshoot? Your second pic looked a bit underexpose though... maybe it is my monitor... my monitor was not calibrated.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Nice. from the Little India photoshoot? Your second pic looked a bit underexpose though... maybe it is my monitor... my monitor was not calibrated.
    Yea, but changed plans cos raining so went to meet them at ochard thou, the group meeting was unproductive, there are some nice people who helped but in overall people are all doing their things. No disrespect to them but maybe its just not my type of outing, so in the middle of outing me and 2 other guys broke off and went to take pictures on ourselves. Somehow i find that when taking picture with a group (with people whom i never talked before etc) i feel that my creatively is supressed. All these pictures are taken when im alone. (last blue lights xmas tree) was with the 2 guys but they are not with me that time. Its like mind is occupied trying to follow and catch up with the rest and not enough time to look around for worthy pictures. Me and another member got lost 2 times and didnt know where they went lols. Maybe that outing is not suitable for me But still they are nice people la.

To be honest my eyes are still very raw, cant really tell whats underexposed or overexpose, i see colour and brightness tone is natural and just nice with eyes im ok with it. Think i must take more pictures....

Night shot was the same location as my 2nd night shot.

Bokeh shot is at paragon shopping mall

Xmas tree is from Takashimaya mall

All pictures are fresh out of camera, no post processing done except for resizing to smaller format for faster loading time to view (havnt learn how to post process =/)

Another picture... xmas tree of paragon shopping mall

Last edited by Halfgeek; 4th December 2011 at 12:17 PM.

First time, lat tat one lah. No worries. Anyway your pics seemed quite alright. But somehow those christmas trees doesn't seemed too focused... where is your focus point? And from what I see, you have been taking picture straight on the subject. You can try to take it from different angle - eg. from bottom up and things like that. It might make your picture more interesting.
    My lousy shots

Blog Entries

haha should join rhino group =D
    Lousy de My Flickr

First time, lat tat one lah. No worries. Anyway your pics seemed quite alright. But somehow those christmas trees doesn't seemed too focused... where is your focus point? And from what I see, you have been taking picture straight on the subject. You can try to take it from different angle - eg. from bottom up and things like that. It might make your picture more interesting.
    Nowadays I playing with MF. turn turn turn the lens. Maybe tts why aim wrong place focus Lo. MF is once I turn my lens it straight away zoom in and I turn until its clear n sharp. The point I wanna focus is I point and aim den tune till its sharp and clear right?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    haha should join rhino group =D
    No lah... I newbie too... still learning from the experts here in CS. Hahahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by Halfgeek View Post
    Nowadays I playing with MF. turn turn turn the lens. Maybe tts why aim wrong place focus Lo. MF is once I turn my lens it straight away zoom in and I turn until its clear n sharp. The point I wanna focus is I point and aim den tune till its sharp and clear right?
    Not sure about Sony's system... so cannot advise on the mode and focusing. But I think picture sharpness is not as important as composition of a photo (of course that does not mean shooting something tat are totally out of focus, unless you are being creative and wanted to try something new, lol)... and that is why I think, you could experiment on getting an object at different location and direction... or angle, it will make your photo abit more interesting.
    My lousy shots

Hi, new 7D & nex5k in the hse! Cheers*

Quote Originally Posted by HazeMaze View Post
    Hi, new 7D & nex5k in the hse! Cheers*
    Welcome to ClubSnap!

No lah... I newbie too... still learning from the experts here in CS. Hahahaha...

Not sure about Sony's system... so cannot advise on the mode and focusing. But I think picture sharpness is not as important as composition of a photo (of course that does not mean shooting something tat are totally out of focus, unless you are being creative and wanted to try something new, lol)... and that is why I think, you could experiment on getting an object at different location and direction... or angle, it will make your photo abit more interesting.

Mr Rhino, something I wanna ask. My canon 450D got 9 AF points, I tried both Automatic Focus selection point and Manually select focus point, but lets say I want to take photo of something which I want everything to be in focused. But when I select Manually selection point, it can only select one point? Or can select all the 9 focus points? I tried but only can select 1 point. Then I want to get everything focused in my frame, like a class photo or something similar, some parts seems to be not that well focused. Is there something I missed out from the manual? Please enlighten me

Ermm, mayb u can use a smaller f stop and bump up a little ISO to get more DOF? MF will get the job done. It's jus my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Csboi View Post
    Mr Rhino, something I wanna ask. My canon 450D got 9 AF points, I tried both Automatic Focus selection point and Manually select focus point, but lets say I want to take photo of something which I want everything to be in focused. But when I select Manually selection point, it can only select one point? Or can select all the 9 focus points? I tried but only can select 1 point. Then I want to get everything focused in my frame, like a class photo or something similar, some parts seems to be not that well focused. Is there something I missed out from the manual? Please enlighten me
    The way to achieve good focus for something like a class photo is to increase your f-stop and not to adjust the point of focus. More focus points will not help with your depth-of-field.

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    The way to achieve good focus for something like a class photo is to increase your f-stop and not to adjust the point of focus. More focus points will not help with your depth-of-field.
    Hmm I used f7.2 if I never remember wrongly.

Quote Originally Posted by HazeMaze View Post
    Ermm, mayb u can use a smaller f stop and bump up a little ISO to get more DOF? MF will get the job done. It's jus my opinion.
    Hahah that's what I did, but just think that it's still not that well focused.

using a wider angle will help too, lesser background compression.

Quote Originally Posted by Csboi View Post
    Hmm I used f7.2 if I never remember wrongly.
    Then where did you focus? If let's say there are 3 rows, you should focus on the middle row, also take into account your distance to the subjects and whether there is camera shake.

Focusing issues on your lens?

Hmm I usually set to auto selection of focus point, if I see got some issues with it, then I set manually selection which is normally center.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast