Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3811121314151823 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

Quote Originally Posted by Halfgeek

Don't laugh ar... I know it's funny... I just broke up with her 2 days ago. Unexpected things do happen after all I guess
    Sorry to hear that. Relax, and you'll be better.

Default Re: Advice for almost zero knowledge on camera/photography dude (me)

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post

Where will you be? Are you running too? Or just taking photos... Hmm... gf going also? Better not be lamp post then. lol.
    I will only be taking photos haha, don't have the heart to go run. We can meet up, I will be alone until she finishes her run.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123

Are you running the full marathon? Whoa, so hardcore, run and shoot

Where will you be? Are you running too? Or just taking photos... Hmm... gf going also? Better not be lamp post then. lol.

Race start on Sunday and not Saturday. Saturday I am only going to do some scouting, recon thingy. I must know where I can stand and shoot for a better view mah. One thing about photography, always know the location of your shoot first. Anyway, the race starts at 0530hrs on Sunday for the full marathon somewhere near Dohby Gaunt MRT.
    I ran a 42k last year, last year was full blast for me, did a full Marathon and a full Triathlon, this year more relax, only did a vertical marathon 2 weeks ago, and going to run Ekiden this time round, 2nd leg which is the shortest. Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    I will only be taking photos haha, don't have the heart to go run. We can meet up, I will be alone until she finishes her run.
    Okay. But where are you going to shoot? The 42km route or 21km route?

Quote Originally Posted by HighTone View Post
    I ran a 42k last year, last year was full blast for me, did a full Marathon and a full Triathlon, this year more relax, only did a vertical marathon 2 weeks ago, and going to run Ekiden this time round, 2nd leg which is the shortest. Hehe
    Wow... u are fit... Me... I old at body and at heart... hahahahaha...
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123

Okay. But where are you going to shoot? The 42km route or 21km route?

Wow... u are fit... Me... I old at body and at heart... hahahahaha...
    Ha, actually I'm not fit at all, since my wife expecting, I had been eating quite a lot also, think last year I mid life crisis, wanted to achieve things. Haha.(that's what most of my friends say)

What time will you guys be there? I'm planning to continue shooting after the little India outing. Might travel to city hall to get filter solely for protection purpose. Will shoot some night scene at the esplanade area

Quote Originally Posted by Halfgeek View Post
    What time will you guys be there? I'm planning to continue shooting after the little India outing. Might travel to city hall to get filter solely for protection purpose. Will shoot some night scene at the esplanade area
    Saturday... not sure. Sunday, I will be at pandan around 0700hrs to shoot the champion of the marathon, and will be there till around 10 to complete off the shoot. But I will most probably be around that area before 0700hrs, just to shoot some streets and shoot of some runners. If you are interest, we can meet somewhere first.
    My lousy shots

Abt 5am starts for us.

Abt 5am starts for us.
    Yeah... but I find that abit hard to wake up that early... I will catch the final lap of though. Hahahaha...

But will be wondering around at around six... before going to the finish line area at around 0700hrs.
    My lousy shots

Saturday... not sure. Sunday, I will be at pandan around 0700hrs to shoot the champion of the marathon, and will be there till around 10 to complete off the shoot. But I will most probably be around that area before 0700hrs, just to shoot some streets and shoot of some runners. If you are interest, we can meet somewhere first.
    Abt 5am starts for us.
    Ahh so the whole thing starts on Saturday and ends on Sunday morning? Ok now I got it was a lil confused previously. Don't know of can join you on Sunday morning or not as I plan to take some night shoots on Saturday night. Will update u
    Last edited by Halfgeek; 2nd December 2011 at 10:14 AM.

Ahh so the whole thing starts on Saturday and ends on Sunday morning? Ok now I got it was a lil confused previously. Don't know of can join you on Sunday morning or not as I plan to take some night shoots on Saturday night. Will update u
    No it starts Sunday morning 5am at orchard for 42k, abt 6am at Sentosa for 21k and esplanade bridge for 10 ard 7am. It shld end ard 10 - 12 pm at padang

No... it starts on Sunday early morning. Saturday is just me, going to scout the route which I will take and where to position myself for the shoot... always scout and know your route well first, before the actual event.
    My lousy shots

I see thanks for clarifications. Ok will update you all of my plans. And lol if happen to see one tall guy take nex5n black and with cheapo tripod high chance that guy is me lol.

Actually wanna take some time before night shoot to see see look look at tripod, camera bags and maybe buy lens. City hall many camera shop to see see. Haha. Not getting a tripod or bag thou... Just see see. Lens maybe will get cos these few days raining, notice lil bit water kena my lens

I see thanks for clarifications. Ok will update you all of my plans. And lol if happen to see one tall guy take nex5n black and with cheapo tripod high chance that guy is me lol.

Actually wanna take some time before night shoot to see see look look at tripod, camera bags and maybe buy lens. City hall many camera shop to see see. Haha. Not getting a tripod or bag thou... Just see see. Lens maybe will get cos these few days raining, notice lil bit water kena my lens
    First... get a dry cabinet... and always bring some plastic bags with you when you go out, can throw your camera in plastic bag for added protection when it starts to rain.

Anyway, if you see a fella, in red cap (fake ferrari cap), baggy pants, and backpack, carrying either a Olympus E-PL1 or 7D, that might be me.
    My lousy shots

First... get a dry cabinet... and always bring some plastic bags with you when you go out, can throw your camera in plastic bag for added protection when it starts to rain.

Anyway, if you see a fella, in red cap (fake ferrari cap), baggy pants, and backpack, carrying either a Olympus E-PL1 or 7D, that might be me.
    Haha, I already got a dry cabinet the day I got my cam since I bought cam should seize the chance to bargain with salesman for further discount on the dry cabinet

Blog Entries

oh! if i spot you, i will shout RHINO! ok?
    Lousy de My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    Sure. No problem there! Hahahahaha.
    My lousy shots

Blog Entries

Sure. No problem there! Hahahahaha.
    alright! hope to see you! long time no see HAHA
    Lousy de My Flickr

than you see me you shout "HEI GEEK!"

Later the rhino get pissed off and start charging at you.
    Cheap lenses are not good AND Good lenses are not cheap!

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3811121314151823 ... LastLast