Thread: Topaz Plugins

Default Topaz Plugins

Hi all, wanted some views / comments on the topaz plugin bundle.

i shoot mainly macro and i'm looking to do more with the RAW files to give them a more polished feel.

current workflow is just simple adjustments with CS5 camera raw - crop, adjusting exposure, contrast, brightness, black, clarity, saturation, sharpening etc.

i found the topaz plugin bundle interesting and i've been playing with the trial version - mainly exploring the "infocus" and "detail" plugin but here's the rub - it seems to soup up the "not so good" shots and make them more presentable, but it doesn't seem to give the extra exponential "oomph" to an already good shot - i wonder if its cos my expectations are unhealthy, whether i'm doing something wrong with my workflow or simply because i'm not so adept at using the various functions yet.

just wanted to know if the plugin's worth the selling price, or if it CS5 is good enough on its own.

i know its hard to comment without pictures - i'll post some samples tonight when i get home so everyone can have a better idea of what i'm talking about

just hope to here some views of fellow forumers who are using these plugins and your experience with them.

Default Re: Topaz Plugins

I've used Topaz and Nik, and the Topaz noise handler is awesome, but for ooomph i prefer Nik.
    Alpha

Default Re: Topaz Plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    I've used Topaz and Nik, and the Topaz noise handler is awesome, but for ooomph i prefer Nik.
    thanks for the intro to Nik. will look into it as well

my emphasis is on ooomph since noise isn't really a problem for my current style of shooting.