Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IT SHOW deals

Default Re: IT SHOW deals

Quote Originally Posted by S2Glow View Post
    To all experienced people who have buy camera and lenses.

i have heard from some people that IT show deal is not good but i have heard another story that IT show deal is good
    so what should i do to see which deal is better because i am planning to get a camera for videography and lens but i want to get the best price so i can save money ( i am a youth no money ) .

thanks! and can i ask the promoter to slash the camera price a bit on last day on IT show ?
    You need to do your "homework" for the prices for cams. IT show may not be cheaper. Maybe the same price as 1-2 months, just that they give you a nicer cam pouch or bag.
    Back in 2007, after my O'Levels, I got my 1st DSLR from a shop in Funan, can bargain to a slightly cheaper price. I "traded in" cleaning kit and the relatively small camera bag which can fit a body and 2 small lenses (I already have 1 at home), for a 0.5x lens converter (around $50-$70 for the actual price of that tele-converter).

I got the usual things (tripod, LCD protector and memory card) I have from IT show too also at the same price. So isn't this a "slightly better" deal than the IT show?

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Like I said, only Cathay needs an e-quote. SLR revo and MS Color, walk in.
    I don't know about SLR revolution but MS Colour (main branch) did quote me prices over the phone before.

Quote Originally Posted by shaoken View Post
    I don't know about SLR revolution but MS Colour (main branch) did quote me prices over the phone before.
    All camera shops do phone quotes

Sorry to hijack.. How about pns camera? Also not worth to buy at it show?

thanks alot! doing homework now lol , going to buy a dslr and is expensive xD , oh well , i gotta know what to bargain because being using videocam and like to upgrade and what i know is lens is important for videography , but sometimes i bargain , they say camera all same price , i also LL , how ah? any tips on bargaining?

Yea LL.. so keep searching and look for the best price.. if not save abit more. Dont buy if you cant afford. Simple.
    You getting a DSLR for your videography?

Always ask for price... I would say my top 3 are:

1. SLR Revo
    2. MS Color (ask for Florence, chit chat, sure got good price)
    3. Cathay (if you want a good price, you MUST get an e-quote first)
    Yeah.. First send mail to Cathay, may get good price
    ...Arun D...

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post
    Yea LL.. so keep searching and look for the best price.. if not save abit more. Dont buy if you cant afford. Simple.
    You getting a DSLR for your videography?
    DSLR for video... Better go for canon 5d markII(not sure, coz im nikon user), some indian big budget movie is fliming using this DSLR.
    As per my knowledge the output is good.
    ...Arun D...

I thought IT show would be a good deal if you know how to exploit it. First of all they allow credit card without additional charge so if u have a credit card with fantastic rebates i.e standard chartered 5% cashback (terms and conditions apply), you can get a pretty decent deal. On top of that, if the freebies are good, during my time was a medium dry cabinet, 50mm 1.8, kata bag, travel bag, 2 x hoya uv filters multicoated, cleaning kit, 2x8gb sandisk class 4. I went to sell every item except filters and the bag and voila, the price i got that time was a good 100-ish cheaper than the cheapest funan shop. so it depends on how you do it. But I would say, Sitex can be good, don't brush it off so quickly.

simply not worth the effort pushing and squeezing through the crowd.

not to mention the time spent on selling away the useless items.

YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Arun D View Post
    DSLR for video... Better go for canon 5d markII(not sure, coz im nikon user), some indian big budget movie is fliming using this DSLR.
    As per my knowledge the output is good.
    The output from most Video DSLRs is good. But if you need AF, avoid the Canons.
    Alpha

no money to buy so expensive lahh , if i earn money from video then buy mark2 ! =P=P

The output from most Video DSLRs is good. But if you need AF, avoid the Canons.
    My camera got continuous AF.. Some say it's noisy but it's ok for me.
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

IT show give more freebies to attract you..in the end you are paying more

It depends on the freebies; some may think the certain freebies are useful but others may think otherwise.

I got my Nex5N today at Funan despite the show is tomorrow. I would have waited till then to commit but my gut feeling tell me that the dealers would only offer free small tripods, screen protector, casing, lens book etc which I find them to be useless. Since the shop offered me a reasonable discount on the camera and the original battery which is more important than the rest of the mentioned stuffs, I concluded the deal today. Hence, it is subjective.

Moreover, the show will be crowded and I find it a challenge to check my newly purchased gears. Either I take my new gears to a corner to check for defects or the free stuffs, or I have to jostle with the rest of the crowds at the counter. Hence, I prefer to buy at the shop when I can take my time to check the standard items with the sales.

Of course, some may said that it is cheaper to buy at show. Instead of jostling with the crowd, I try to talk with the shop to match the show price instead. If that fails, I just treat it as paying that bit more for the convenience and more breathing space.

Anyway, the above are just my preference opinions, there are no right/wrong to buy from shop/show. In fact, I got my 1st DSLR from the show in 2007 when it bundled with a skinny tripod, umbrella and the voucher for a digi-cabi (that's the most useful). It is up to the individual; just liked how some people prefer to buy their CNY goodies from Chinatown where they are readily available elsewhere. No offense intended.
    Last edited by dreamer_toons; 23rd November 2011 at 10:15 PM.
    Sony RX100 Mk4

Usually the shops outside will match prices at the IT show during the IT show period for those who don't want to be crowded, push, prodded, served by no knowledge salesman.

Just less freebies...

Same as always do your own research on price and functions first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12