Thread: Art Science Museum

Default Art Science Museum

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
    Composition and treatment in post-processing.

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
    To show another perspective of this unique structure.

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    Just visited the titanic exhibition at the museum and thought that there was an interesting perspective to be captured from up-close. Picture taken at night, almost entirely lit by lights at the base of the structure.

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
    Contrast of light and shadows makes this structure looks almost alien. I added in noise during PP to give the pic a "raw" look, does this work for you?
    Last edited by freerein; 23rd November 2011 at 09:33 AM.

Default Re: Art Science Museum

Its different but not so different that it stands out from the rest. That's the problem when you didn't go all out to be different. Its really felt like a half-hearted attempt, closing up but still end up with something somewhat recognisable as the museum. Be more adventurous. However, those things creeping in on the left really broke the deal. Its shows that not enough attention had been paid to the details when you compose the photo. I don't really know what you meant by "raw" but this looked like it was scanned from the newspaper. You saw some opportunities but unfortunately, did not capitalise them. Keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Its different but not so different that it stands out from the rest. That's the problem when you didn't go all out to be different. Its really felt like a half-hearted attempt, closing up but still end up with something somewhat recognisable as the museum. Be more adventurous. However, those things creeping in on the left really broke the deal. Its shows that not enough attention had been paid to the details when you compose the photo. I don't really know what you meant by "raw" but this looked like it was scanned from the newspaper. You saw some opportunities but unfortunately, did not capitalise them. Keep trying.
    Thanks for your comments! Will try to be more adventurous for my next shoot!

Sorry, but this doesn't strike me as unique. :/ Probably you should try a more uncommon angle to take the structure. And the noise isn't working too well for me too, simply because the scene isn't dramatic enough maybe.