Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying Nikkor Lense from US/Amazon

Default Re: Buying Nikkor Lense from US/Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Why don't you ask Amazon and Nikon? I'm doing some simple browsing through websites here and compare what is written. What I highlighted so far is the fact that Amazon.com does not state anything about Nikon warranty, but 4 years of ESC. This is something different and not valid for Singapore. Nikon US and Nikon SG (and authorized dealers) might both sell lenses with International warranty (your assumed meaning: you can go to any Nikon Service Center and get it repaired). But whether those lenses in Amazon.com also come with this warranty is not stated. And that was your question, right?
    Yes. that was my main concern..probably i just need to giv a call to NSC and mystery will be solved..@@

If i'm not wrong, you need a receipt issued in US to claim the international warranty in Singapore.
    Parallel import set sold in Singapore doesn't come with the international warranty as the receipt is issued locally here.

i rather get a grey set and have it tested for front/back focus before i make the purchase
    your friend cant test that for you ..

so far all my nikkors have no problem within 3 years both warranty or grey

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    I don't think it works that way. Any nikon body and lens purchased outside singapore will not be liable for free servicing in NSC even if the warranty covers it (not sure about it, but I think so). Also I don't think it will be that much cheaper than to purchase from Singapore.
    I got my 85mm from UK and Nikon SG accepts the warranty!

Just in case if you decide to buy your future lenses overseas (w/o people carrying back for you), bear in mind the GST leveraged against items whose indicated value on the custom slip is more than S$400. I believed that this could be waived if the items are declared as "gifts" but not all stores are willing to label it as such for you.

Quote Originally Posted by phoeniix
    Just in case if you decide to buy your future lenses overseas (w/o people carrying back for you), bear in mind the GST leveraged against items whose indicated value on the custom slip is more than S$400. I believed that this could be waived if the items are declared as "gifts" but not all stores are willing to label it as such for you.
    Not forgetting the term is CIF so the 400sgd including freight charges
    Equipment: D7000 - 18-55 - 55-200 - 50mm 1.8d - 30L Cabinet

when you use vpost, GST will be included into part of the cost to ship back anything that cost 400 or more. This seems to be inclusive of the shipping charges in us.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12