Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash: YN460 better than Nissin 622?

Default Flash: YN460 better than Nissin 622?

Hi Guys,

i am absolutely a newbie here.

went to People Park to get a simple flash to improve my indoor shots.

Wanted to get a Nissin 622, which they say similar to Canon 580ex. But the sales guy convinced me to buy YN460.

I double-confirmed if it has TTL, and better than Nissin 622, which he said YES.

I paid $290+ for YN460, higher than the Nissin.

Was i cheated?

Default Re: Flash: YN460 better than Nissin 622?

If it's the same model I saw, It's less painful to be in the dark. If you really want to know, check out ebay and times 200% the amount you see in ebay..you will get your answer.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Never trust sales men. They are there to sell, hard sell, push for sales. They are not your free education department or product test and recommendation charity. Sales man will confirm everything under the sun to make you buying the product, but they will suffer immediate memory loss about everything the moment they got the money.
    I double-confirmed if it has TTL, and better than Nissin 622, which he said YES.
    I paid $290+ for YN460, higher than the Nissin.
    Was i cheated?
    Read here: http://speedlights.net/2010/03/16/yo...-strobist-use/
    Scroll down, brace for impact ...
    Last edited by Octarine; 21st November 2011 at 08:26 PM.
    EOS

My jaws drop when I see u paid that much for it....
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

i got my YN460 off ebay for ~$70... and it DOES NOT have TTL..

YN460, Mk1 or Mk2, does not have TTL.

And if u r really paying for the Mk1 model, u have been OVERCHARGED >300%.

bringing you back to reality again, from a technical viewpoint, the lack of TTL automatically puts YN460 beneath the Di622.

If TS really feels cheated and want some justice, can go to CASE ba. The salesman really misrepresented the facts that induced you to buying the product. The price that you have paid also justifies the inclination that the flash would do what the salesman described it to be doing. But then again, all that trouble for 200 + bucks difference... hmmmm

Maybe you should rely more on yourself and double check the product specification online. Its free and you don't necessarily get pressured into buying anything. Know your facts about the products be it accessories, lens or camera body and then go down to the shop to test.

Its ok, at least you learn a lesson from this experience.

thanks bros. i will take this as a lesson for myself.

i will go back to the shop to "clarify" tomorrow. if it is not resolved, i will share the shop name to remind fellow forumners.

just a lapse in judgement. was in a rush to get a flash (was eyeing on Nissin 622) for this weeks graduation shoot for my kid.

Quote Originally Posted by ehwhatthe View Post
    If TS really feels cheated and want some justice, can go to CASE ba. The salesman really misrepresented the facts that induced you to buying the product. The price that you have paid also justifies the inclination that the flash would do what the salesman described it to be doing. But then again, all that trouble for 200 + bucks difference... hmmmm

Maybe you should rely more on yourself and double check the product specification online. Its free and you don't necessarily get pressured into buying anything. Know your facts about the products be it accessories, lens or camera body and then go down to the shop to test.

Its ok, at least you learn a lesson from this experience.
    Go CASE for $300? dont think so. treat it as "tuition fees". guess their reputation is worth just $300. good think i spend a lot of time researching when i bought my first SLR.

Quote Originally Posted by Shutter Crow

Go CASE for $300? dont think so. treat it as "tuition fees". guess their reputation is worth just $300. good think i spend a lot of time researching when i bought my first SLR.
    I think CASE will ignore such things n not investigate.
    They may only take it as a record of complaint lodged.

Try camera workshop at pennsular for the price of the 2 flash and compare them.

Actually the YN-460 can be purchased at $49-55 SGD on ebay, free shipping, reliable dealers. In fact it comes from Yongnuo HK itself. Even most shops in Singapore selling it for 70-80 (even going at 70-80 on second hand forum) may be rather pricey.

In my experience, CASE has absolutely ZERO power. No matter how well justified your case is. If the vendors do not budge from their position, you get nothing back.
    At most they blacklist the company on their records, which is really nothing since the records are private to them.

CASE has no right to investigate as well. They're only mediators/negotiators.

If you want your money back, I recommend you try Small Claims Tribunal. A judge will review your case, and you can get a court order for refund. Your total cost will be $25 to open this claim. The shop needs to be ACRA registered though.
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

Which shop is it? Perhaps u can share the name and address for the benefit of others.

Yongnuo 460 is a decent flash, I am using 3 of them for off camera lighting. But it's just not what u are looking for if u need ettl.

Use manual flash also not too bad I bought 565 realize that ttl dun really suit me decided to just go manual

like i said, if i dont get a refund or exchange or something, i will share the name of the shop. i will give them a chance tomorrow.

if i intended to buy a manual flash, then should be paying for a manual flash. right?

Quote Originally Posted by Shutter Crow View Post
    if i intended to buy a manual flash, then should be paying for a manual flash. right?
    Moving forward, and if you want to pay for a manual flash, go straight for YN560. (IIRC, still cheaper than Nissin 622)
    Last edited by SkyStrike; 21st November 2011 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Rephrase
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    If you are going for a manual flash, I recommend YN560.
    I don't think he's asking for a recommendation, that's not the issue here bro.

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    I don't think he's asking for a recommendation, that's not the issue here bro.
    yes, I aware. Was reading this post since the start. Just that if he consider paying for a manual flash, I suggest him that yn560...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast