Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Foundation Photography

  1. #1

    Default Foundation Photography

    Hello all,
    I'm starting the Foundation Photography course at the Changi-Simei CC on the 29th Nov. Its an weekly evening (07:30pm) 10 session workshop with 2 field trips The course starts with basics & ease up to intermediate.
    Interested party/ parties can look up the PA's website (CC's on-line) for more details or drop me a line.

    Many thanks.

    Francis Lee

  2. #2

    Default cost fee?

    How much is the cost fee?

  3. #3

    Default How much is it?

    Where is the Web site address?
    And how much is it?

  4. #4
    Moderator John Teoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,059

    Default

    Found the website. Just key in "Foundation" then select the centre/club for "Changi Simei" and it will lead you to the course information. $100 for member and $103 for non-member. I think member is refering to those who join the CC.

    http://pa-online.pa.gov.sg/NASApp/ma...RequestedURL=C

    Cheers
    John
    Last edited by John Teoh; 20th November 2004 at 11:17 PM.

  5. #5

    Default Re:Foundation Photography

    Hi All,
    Sorry for the late reply as I was away.
    The next class starts on the 29th Nov (Monday), 7:30~9pm at the Changi-Simei CC which is a 5~8 mins walk from the Simei MRT. The course comprises of 10 sessions workshop with 2 field trips.
    Registration can be at the CC before the commence date and the course fees is S$100 while the CC do charge a $3 for non-members.
    More info on the course content can be found at the People's Association website. Log on to the CC's online and keyword search is "Photography".
    Many thanks for enquiry.

    Regards,
    Francis Lee

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Lee
    Hi All,
    Sorry for the late reply as I was away.
    The next class starts on the 29th Nov (Monday), 7:30~9pm at the Changi-Simei CC which is a 5~8 mins walk from the Simei MRT. The course comprises of 10 sessions workshop with 2 field trips.
    Registration can be at the CC before the commence date and the course fees is S$100 while the CC do charge a $3 for non-members.
    More info on the course content can be found at the People's Association website. Log on to the CC's online and keyword search is "Photography".
    Many thanks for enquiry.

    Regards,
    Francis Lee
    The course will move up to intermediate? I'm interested to join but need to know whether is will only teach basic

  7. #7

    Default RE:Foundation Photography

    Hi,

    The course starts at the basics & quickly moves into the mid-intermediate level after the field trips. Because I touch-on alot more on 'developing the eye', for more info on the course content, kindly log on to online.pa.gov.sg

    thanks

  8. #8

    Default

    Could you give us a more detailed breakdown of the course over the 10 lessons and what will be covered? It will help greatly. Thanks.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by novello76
    Could you give us a more detailed breakdown of the course over the 10 lessons and what will be covered? It will help greatly. Thanks.
    cut from the CC web site
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This course is specially designed for people to master the practical skill of taking photograph. This course starts with fundamentals and moves up to complete mastery of professional techniques. This course will cover the introduction to photography & types of camera format, camera & lens, types of film & lighting, handling and maintaining camera & lenses, the art of photography through outing pictures and Image & creativity in the darkroom.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

  10. #10

    Default Re: Foundation Photograph

    Hi All,
    Do update all here from the previous post. The last part on 'image & creativity in the darkroom' is dropped from the syllabus due to facility constrait at the CC.
    Belowed is a more in-depth of the course content.
    Course Syllabus
    Course Title: Foundation Photography Course

    No of Session(s): 1½ hrs per 10 sessions
    1st session Introduction to Photography & types of camera Format.
    a) what's a camera. b) types of cameras.
    c) what it takes to make a photograph.
    d) what camera for the course.

    2nd session Camera & Lens.
    a) Basic parts of camera.
    b) Functions of camera & lens.
    c) Different types of lenses.
    d) The exposure value factor.

    3rd session Types of Films & Lighting.
    a) Films types & speeds.
    b) Qualities of light.
    c) The effect of lighting.

    4th session Handling & Maintaining Photographic Equipment.
    a) Viewing Systems.
    b) Controlling depth of-field.
    c) relationship between shutter speed & aperture.
    d) care for your camera.

    5th session Developing the Eye.
    a) Emphasis thru' placement.
    b) Emphasis thru' relative size.
    c) Emphasis thru' framing.

    6th session Outing. (Field trip by day)
    a) understanding complex lighting situation.
    b) practical hints on depth of-field.
    c) getting sharper images.

    7th session The Art of Photography via Outing Pictures.
    a) Ways of getting better exposure.
    b) Better composition thru' cropping.

    8th session Outing. (Field trip by night)
    "same as day outing"

    9th session The Art of Photography via Outing Pictures.
    "same as session 7th"

    10th session The Perfect Print. (Case by case study of pictures)
    a) Image of the finished print.
    b) step by step case study of participants' images.


    Medium of Instruction Target Group No of Participants per Class
    Strictly in English Above 14 years old 10 Persons

    Remarks:
    a) Participants must Develop & Process all films/digital taken at the session for Trainer’s reviewing/proposes.
    b) Course fees do not include Films, Developing & Processing.


    Photography is, without doubt, one of the most rewarding pastimes we can have. Enjoyable, creative, stimulating and fun. It gives us the opportunity of putting our ideas into ‘print’ in a way that is both satisfying and artistic. The camera is like an artist’s palette. We are the artists.
    Even though this is a class of 10 participants, everything you learn, you learn by doing! All your work is individual. You learn by taking pictures.
    Here I taught photography as a practical skill, not as a theoretical course of study as I assume the participants have no prior knowledge or training before signing up for the course. The course starts with fundamentals and moves up to complete mastery of professional techniques in causal but carefully planned steps. The Foundation Photography Course will require participants to take lots of pictures. If this is call “work”, then…I work you hard.
    Absolutely! When you want to make professional-looking pictures for your own satisfaction…perhaps win prizes in competition or even see your work being published. Some of my ex-students pursue photography as a career- full-time or part time while keeping their day jobs.

    Course participants are required to own a SLR/ Digital camera or prepare to own one after the 1st session.

    Course Fee
    S$100/ student

  11. #11

    Default

    good course for beginner.
    but simei very far.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Foundation Photography "Postpone"

    Hello all,

    Due to unforseen circumstances, the commencing date of the Foundation Photography course is postpone to the 20th Dec (Mon). Venue & time remains unchange. Sorry for the inconvience.

    Francis Lee

  13. #13

    Default

    Simei too far for me.

  14. #14

    Default

    Other than this course, what other activities are there? Any photography club?

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shutterfly
    Other than this course, what other activities are there? Any photography club?
    Hi but not sure what you're referring at/ to ???

  16. #16

    Default Re: Foundation Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Lee
    Hi All,
    Do update all here from the previous post. The last part on 'image & creativity in the darkroom' is dropped from the syllabus due to facility constrait at the CC.
    Belowed is a more in-depth of the course content.
    Course Syllabus
    Course Title: Foundation Photography Course

    No of Session(s): 1½ hrs per 10 sessions
    1st session Introduction to Photography & types of camera Format.
    a) what's a camera. b) types of cameras.
    c) what it takes to make a photograph.
    d) what camera for the course.

    2nd session Camera & Lens.
    a) Basic parts of camera.
    b) Functions of camera & lens.
    c) Different types of lenses.
    d) The exposure value factor.

    3rd session Types of Films & Lighting.
    a) Films types & speeds.
    b) Qualities of light.
    c) The effect of lighting.

    4th session Handling & Maintaining Photographic Equipment.
    a) Viewing Systems.
    b) Controlling depth of-field.
    c) relationship between shutter speed & aperture.
    d) care for your camera.

    5th session Developing the Eye.
    a) Emphasis thru' placement.
    b) Emphasis thru' relative size.
    c) Emphasis thru' framing.

    6th session Outing. (Field trip by day)
    a) understanding complex lighting situation.
    b) practical hints on depth of-field.
    c) getting sharper images.

    7th session The Art of Photography via Outing Pictures.
    a) Ways of getting better exposure.
    b) Better composition thru' cropping.

    8th session Outing. (Field trip by night)
    "same as day outing"

    9th session The Art of Photography via Outing Pictures.
    "same as session 7th"

    10th session The Perfect Print. (Case by case study of pictures)
    a) Image of the finished print.
    b) step by step case study of participants' images.


    Medium of Instruction Target Group No of Participants per Class
    Strictly in English Above 14 years old 10 Persons

    Remarks:
    a) Participants must Develop & Process all films/digital taken at the session for Trainer’s reviewing/proposes.
    b) Course fees do not include Films, Developing & Processing.


    Photography is, without doubt, one of the most rewarding pastimes we can have. Enjoyable, creative, stimulating and fun. It gives us the opportunity of putting our ideas into ‘print’ in a way that is both satisfying and artistic. The camera is like an artist’s palette. We are the artists.
    Even though this is a class of 10 participants, everything you learn, you learn by doing! All your work is individual. You learn by taking pictures.
    Here I taught photography as a practical skill, not as a theoretical course of study as I assume the participants have no prior knowledge or training before signing up for the course. The course starts with fundamentals and moves up to complete mastery of professional techniques in causal but carefully planned steps. The Foundation Photography Course will require participants to take lots of pictures. If this is call “work”, then…I work you hard.
    Absolutely! When you want to make professional-looking pictures for your own satisfaction…perhaps win prizes in competition or even see your work being published. Some of my ex-students pursue photography as a career- full-time or part time while keeping their day jobs.

    Course participants are required to own a SLR/ Digital camera or prepare to own one after the 1st session.

    Course Fee
    S$100/ student

    Hello all,
    The closing date for registeration of the above course is on the 19th Dec. Registeration can be make at the Changi-Simei CC's office.
    The course starts on the 20th Dec (Monday) at 7:30pm ~9pm at The Changi-Simei CC which is a 5~8 mins walk from the Simei MRT. Many thanks.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Registration Closed

    Hi all,

    The Foundation Photography Course have already commenced last Mon (20th Dec). Registration has closed since. The next intake is on 2005 between late Feb/ early March. Venue will be at Changi-Simei CC.
    Interested parties can drop me a line for reservation though...many thanks.

    I can be reach at huhututu@hotmail.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •