Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie needs Advise..

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Can leh.. D70 can... heehee.
    Flash, CF, bag, tripod, filters, dry box, extra batteries, grip?.
    Most pple forget these costs at least $500

Smile Hi espn

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    If anybody regrets buying a DSLR, can give it to me, I help you all settle it
    Do you have any room to move at home

I would imagine you must have hundreds of cameras by now

Never too many hey ???
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

May I assume that as yet you are still uncertain of your photographic interests? Some time back I was also in the same state, and bouncing between a whole bunch of equipment.

Only in the last year or so, I settled down to know what I enjoy shooting, and the equipment for it. So basically, know what you want, and use the proper tools for it!

Oh, and welcome to CS!

Alvin

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    Do you have any room to move at home

I would imagine you must have hundreds of cameras by now

Never too many hey ???
    No space liao, inorder to move, I gotta trigger a remote to fire all the flash together so I can see where I am

Thanks for the input guys.. I guess I should start saving up for more budget and at the same time explore wat I really like to do. My next question, wat camera is considered prosumer? (lets limit to canon & nikon offering) As Virgo mentioned, it is very similar to a DSLR except for the option to change the lenses. I have seen some really nice shots done with those Canon G series cameras.. Is D70 considered a prosumer too as some have suggested here? I am seriously considering to do a basic photography cse in order to find out more about photography itself... I think it's an ART and all good photographers are artists. Some of the pictures here can really tell a story Thaz one thing i hope to be able to do one day. But den, without a camera I cant attend the cse.. hee hee unless some seniors here willing to lend hand or two?? How about private tuition like the photoshop guy??

Actually it how much would you like to go into this expensive art. If you are really serious then a good digital SLR will go a long way. D70 and it kit lens does go a long way it is cheap and good at cost less than $2K. But you will end up spending more for CF card, accessories and computer stuff.

Like any arts or hobbies there alway the tools. Fishing rods can cost less then a hundred dollars or few thousand dollars. If you are going to shoot like once a blue moon then a pro comsumer will do fine. Even pro comsumer is not cheap you will still spend $2k as there other thing you need.

I guess all of us have to buy our tools part by part unless you have huge $ reserve. It where some of fun lie in photography to discover new things we can do with our tools. My friend a long time professional photography like to say tools are important but most of the time it the singer not the song that sound good or bad.

I have seen ameteur photographer own leica cameras that cost a few thousand dollars but they doesn't seem to have picture to show? A fine work of art is always first the artise's creative vision then his technical skill and finally his tools to carry that vision and skill. Any good sportman need to practice with proper tools. Photography is one need to constantly practicewith right equipment to be good at it.

I love photography as there alway new thing to learn and to prefect. It my creative vision I am showcase. It may good comment or bad one but it make you look, think, lust, hate it and feel something about then I have success. I hope it the same for you, my two cent

do u DIY ur comp or buy from customed shop?
    if u like to DIY, then DSLR. If not a prosumer is the one for u.

I bought my DSLR based on such wierd decisions also.. haha... but i never regret the fast shutter and better quality...

Well well.. I guess best way is to meet u folks in person and see u guys shredd yr stuff b4 making an informed decision.. of cse i do have budget constraint lah.. greatest fear is not making full use of a DSLR after spending tons on it like wat u guys say. But definately ready to snap pictures anytime man!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12