Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Any altrenative

  1. #1

    Default Any altrenative

    Hi all senior

    Currently been using Cannon software for pp. Need to upgrade/ Know there is photoshop software to pp but the software is expensive.....

    Any good & cheap software recommendation other than photoshop ? pls dont ask me to down load free software or buy pirated....Thanks
    Robin Chong[/I]:)

  2. #2

    Default Re: Any altrenative

    Dude. Your question gets asked so often we even have a STICKY right here in this section called "Sticky: freewares for amateur photographers". Please, next time, do yourself a favor and READ or even SEARCH before posting.
    Alpha

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore (West)
    Posts
    690

    Default Re: Any altrenative

    hmmm.. why are you not open to free softwares???

    GIMP does most of what photoshop can do.. but of course with the right plugins..
    Canon 550D | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6IS | EF 50mm f/1.8II |
    My Humble Flickr

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: Any altrenative

    Quote Originally Posted by luohan View Post
    Any good & cheap software recommendation other than photoshop ? pls dont ask me to down load free software or buy pirated....Thanks
    IMO Photoshop is in a class of its own where full fledge editing is required. Have you considered Lightroom 3 for organizing and doing simple adjustments of photos. It is relatively affordable at US$299.

    Of course there are other commercial software. Have a look at this link

  5. #5

    Default Re: Any altrenative

    hi all senior

    thanks for your input. it is not that i did not read the sticky. As mentioned in my post, i do not want to download free software as my pc is share with my sibling and i am running in 2mbs mobile internet too slow to download anything.

    I had used free software before though not photo processing. IT ALWAYS IN THE END ON TRIAL PERIOD. Once bitten twice shy. Hence, fedup with all free softwares.

    I appreicate all constructive replies but pls dont assume tt I did not do my homework before posting as you do not know me
    Robin Chong[/I]:)

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: Any altrenative

    Quote Originally Posted by luohan View Post
    2mbs mobile internet too slow to download anything.

    I had used free software before though not photo processing. IT ALWAYS IN THE END ON TRIAL PERIOD. Once bitten twice shy. Hence, fedup with all free softwares.
    There is a difference between freeware and trial version of commercial software. Those listed in the freeware sticky is completely free and does not have a trial period.

    I am still using 512kbps at my home. No problem downloading these installers.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Any altrenative

    Quote Originally Posted by luohan View Post
    hi all senior

    thanks for your input. it is not that i did not read the sticky. As mentioned in my post, i do not want to download free software as my pc is share with my sibling and i am running in 2mbs mobile internet too slow to download anything.

    I had used free software before though not photo processing. IT ALWAYS IN THE END ON TRIAL PERIOD. Once bitten twice shy. Hence, fedup with all free softwares.

    I appreicate all constructive replies but pls dont assume tt I did not do my homework before posting as you do not know me
    The recommended free software does NOT just run on a trial period. GIMP is a good example. As for your download constraints, find a place with wi-fi or something. Software is not getting smaller.
    Alpha

  8. #8
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Any altrenative

    those softwares come with trial version are on commercial licence, they are not classified as freeware.
    some members spends a lot of efforts doing research on certain topics, compiling what they know and make them into sticky thread, sharing their knowledge with others selflessly.

    yes, I think you didn't read the sticky properly, please show a little respects to them by reading the sticky threads carefully.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  9. #9

    Default Re: Any altrenative

    Quote Originally Posted by luohan View Post
    hi all senior

    thanks for your input. it is not that i did not read the sticky. As mentioned in my post, i do not want to download free software as my pc is share with my sibling and i am running in 2mbs mobile internet too slow to download anything.

    I had used free software before though not photo processing. IT ALWAYS IN THE END ON TRIAL PERIOD. Once bitten twice shy. Hence, fedup with all free softwares.

    I appreicate all constructive replies but pls dont assume tt I did not do my homework before posting as you do not know me
    You may want to consider to save $$$ for a PC + lightroom for your PP.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hougang Ave. 7
    Posts
    888

    Default Re: Any altrenative

    Sitex is coming this week. You can get a nice and cheap desktop or laptop.
    Are you still studying ? You can get Student version of Photoshop

  11. #11

    Default Re: Any altrenative

    Quote Originally Posted by luohan View Post
    Hi all senior

    Currently been using Cannon software for pp. Need to upgrade/ Know there is photoshop software to pp but the software is expensive.....

    Any good & cheap software recommendation other than photoshop ? pls dont ask me to down load free software or buy pirated....Thanks
    what's your budget? photoshop CS5 student edition is $119 only. that's as cheap as u can get for quality image editing software.

    anything less than that, i think u'll probably end up wasting money - better to just carry on using the bundled software or even picasa or gimp, which is totally free.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Any altrenative

    I suggest you try the software mentioned in the sticky. The are freeware. No limited trial period.

    I use freeware only for all my PP and its good enough. No need for pirated stuff.

    Management, browsing, simple editing - PICASA
    Advanced PP - Paint.net with plug-ins

    In fact paint.net loads up and runs quite a bit of stuff faster than PS.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •