Thread: Any altrenative

Default Any altrenative

Hi all senior

Currently been using Cannon software for pp. Need to upgrade/ Know there is photoshop software to pp but the software is expensive.....

Any good & cheap software recommendation other than photoshop ? pls dont ask me to down load free software or buy pirated....Thanks
    Robin Chong[/I]:)

Default Re: Any altrenative

Dude. Your question gets asked so often we even have a STICKY right here in this section called "Sticky: freewares for amateur photographers". Please, next time, do yourself a favor and READ or even SEARCH before posting.
    Alpha

hmmm.. why are you not open to free softwares???

GIMP does most of what photoshop can do.. but of course with the right plugins..
    Canon 550D | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6IS | EF 50mm f/1.8II |
    My Humble Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by luohan View Post
    Any good & cheap software recommendation other than photoshop ? pls dont ask me to down load free software or buy pirated....Thanks
    IMO Photoshop is in a class of its own where full fledge editing is required. Have you considered Lightroom 3 for organizing and doing simple adjustments of photos. It is relatively affordable at US$299.

Of course there are other commercial software. Have a look at this link

hi all senior

thanks for your input. it is not that i did not read the sticky. As mentioned in my post, i do not want to download free software as my pc is share with my sibling and i am running in 2mbs mobile internet too slow to download anything.

I had used free software before though not photo processing. IT ALWAYS IN THE END ON TRIAL PERIOD. Once bitten twice shy. Hence, fedup with all free softwares.

I appreicate all constructive replies but pls dont assume tt I did not do my homework before posting as you do not know me
    Robin Chong[/I]:)

2mbs mobile internet too slow to download anything.

I had used free software before though not photo processing. IT ALWAYS IN THE END ON TRIAL PERIOD. Once bitten twice shy. Hence, fedup with all free softwares.
    There is a difference between freeware and trial version of commercial software. Those listed in the freeware sticky is completely free and does not have a trial period.

I am still using 512kbps at my home. No problem downloading these installers.

hi all senior

thanks for your input. it is not that i did not read the sticky. As mentioned in my post, i do not want to download free software as my pc is share with my sibling and i am running in 2mbs mobile internet too slow to download anything.

I appreicate all constructive replies but pls dont assume tt I did not do my homework before posting as you do not know me
    The recommended free software does NOT just run on a trial period. GIMP is a good example. As for your download constraints, find a place with wi-fi or something. Software is not getting smaller.
    Alpha

those softwares come with trial version are on commercial licence, they are not classified as freeware.
    some members spends a lot of efforts doing research on certain topics, compiling what they know and make them into sticky thread, sharing their knowledge with others selflessly.

yes, I think you didn't read the sticky properly, please show a little respects to them by reading the sticky threads carefully.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

hi all senior

You may want to consider to save $$$ for a PC + lightroom for your PP.

Sitex is coming this week. You can get a nice and cheap desktop or laptop.
    Are you still studying ? You can get Student version of Photoshop

Hi all senior

Currently been using Cannon software for pp. Need to upgrade/ Know there is photoshop software to pp but the software is expensive.....

what's your budget? photoshop CS5 student edition is $119 only. that's as cheap as u can get for quality image editing software.

anything less than that, i think u'll probably end up wasting money - better to just carry on using the bundled software or even picasa or gimp, which is totally free.

I suggest you try the software mentioned in the sticky. The are freeware. No limited trial period.

I use freeware only for all my PP and its good enough. No need for pirated stuff.

Management, browsing, simple editing - PICASA
    Advanced PP - Paint.net with plug-ins

In fact paint.net loads up and runs quite a bit of stuff faster than PS.